Christina Aguilera headlines New Year’s Eve in Times Square

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 2:19 pm

Allure wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 2:18 pm
Sapphire wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 12:17 pm
There are a few Instagram story videos on Linday Lohan's instagram lol
ABOUT GOD? 
Allure
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 2:22 pm

czr187 wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 1:48 pm
BYC wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 1:38 pm

Matt was there tho sis. He ran over and they kissed.
I saw that but my main point was she could've been "hugging her babies and man at home" nice warm and comfortable instead of out in the cold rain performing...only to have "fans" running around like morons saying her voice is deteriorating.

I think the thought just came to me after reading the dumb shit some ungrateful fucks wrote here. :funny:
RIGHT, MAKES ME HOPE SHE WAITS A DECADE FOR HER NEXT ALBUM JUST FOR THE MASS WRIST SLITS!
We both can seduce but darling, you hold me prisoner...
Allure
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 2:23 pm

Sapphire wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 12:49 pm

“THE QUEEN XTINA “

LEMME STAN LINDSAYS NEW REALITY SHOW WHEN IT PREMIERES!
We both can seduce but darling, you hold me prisoner...
Lizzie
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 2:41 pm

Sapphire wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 12:30 am

The Rain never bothered her anyway!
Caviar Ratchet
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 2:44 pm

Amazing review!!!
fighter
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 2:55 pm

Caviar Ratchet wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 12:59 pm
The shade :rip:
:rip: :fighter_cat: :rip: fighter
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 2:58 pm

LOL

Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 3:08 pm

wellokaythen wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 7:56 pm
Oh, and also, I find the logic of "she can't perform Liberation songs, they're not well known enough" logic is kinda paradoxical imo.

One of the main ways in which songs *become* more well known is through being performed. The more regularly she performs them, the more exposure they get and the more people get to know them. Some people act like her newer songs can *only* appeal to hardcore stans, which just isn't true. She could have easily designed a setlist tailored to casuals/non-fans that included a mix of old songs and new ones, with the former being used for recognisability and nostalgia factor to hook the casuals in and the latter being there to get them interested in both her as an artist and her catalogue in general beyond just the nostalgia factor.

Agreed. :nod:

She definitely could have included Fall In Line, maybe left out COOB? And Accelerate could've been instead of Fighter.

The phrase of "_______ is performing their greatest hits", is just a saying. Basically your greatest hits are songs you choose to perform in the said occasion, and that's that.

Remember how on Jimmy Kimmel or Fallon or wherever, they talked about what she's gonna perform at Liberation Tour? She said something like both older and newer songs. And Liberation Tour ended up to be mostly Liberation, thank god. :shook:

And look how it turned out, she was praised to high heavens, introduced the album to thousands of fans and everyone are happy. It's really not that hard of a concept.
I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-bullshit — Christina Aguilera :suckmydick:
Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 3:17 pm

Song-choices aside, I can't praise her stage presence, workmanship and outfit enough! :shook: :shook:

She was on fire! 🔥 🔥

Time was completely inadequate to fully present any one song properly, but she was on point. I've noticed she likes to project EXTRA strongly with the vocals when she's kind of "presenting" to GB, performing her classics etc. The vocals were bit too much but it's her artistic choice and I've accepted that.

Liberation Tour showcased her vocals in all of their variety and layers, so her instrument itself is intact.
I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-bullshit — Christina Aguilera :suckmydick:
BabyShane
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 3:25 pm

Is there any videos of the full performance online?
Caviar Ratchet
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 3:31 pm

Even the Britney stans loved it
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 4:08 pm

BabyShane wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 3:25 pm
Is there any videos of the full performance online?
christinalover
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 4:09 pm

Notthingham wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 2:58 pm
LOL

the right answers for stupid questions I love how she clocked seacrest

Erotica
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 4:41 pm

backtobasics9000 wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 11:51 am
STOPIT wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 8:44 am
It was OK. No harm done. The most folks will talk about was her outfit and not in a terrible way. She just needs some new uptempo music and she needs to go back to using that pop voice. It would have been so much better if she had a big CURRENT hit to move the crowd or perhaps a duet with a younger artist to wake up the young'ins. The medley songs were not that ambitious and there is no need to make them more complicated with the extra ad-libs, runs, and extra belts. I think she has a great tone but it lost when she belts and cuts the lyrics after going over timing slots with the notes.

The mic is made to amplify the voice and I wish she would let the mic do it's job more and let that beautiful tone shine a little more. She honestly also needs just needs a better musical director to to tighten up these live performances sound wise and arrange these songs a little better for performances and around what she can deliver consistently live. She always has the best backgrounds she could stand to rely on them a bit more to keep her breathing in check as well.
You're absolutely right. She voice was clean in GIAB, so it's not like she can blame it on the weather.
But the rest was painfully thin and rough and the low notes were garbled out. And to say she sounded perfect would be a lie. She has such a beautiful tone though, I wish she would've let it shine. 
The voice was clean in GIAB because she just came out and was still relatively warm. And the more she sang, the rougher she sounded. Y'all really something else...
backtobasics9000
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 4:55 pm

Erotica wrote:
backtobasics9000 wrote:

You're absolutely right. She voice was clean in GIAB, so it's not like she can blame it on the weather.
But the rest was painfully thin and rough and the low notes were garbled out. And to say she sounded perfect would be a lie. She has such a beautiful tone though, I wish she would've let it shine. 
The voice was clean in GIAB because she just came out and was still relatively warm. And the more she sang, the rougher she sounded. Y'all really something else... 
I still think the Medley forced her voice to jump around too often, with that type of weather going from anom to ltbl must have been too taxing. More her teams fault with that weird arrangement. GIAB was great because it wasn't a demanding song and she didn't have to push so hard. 
Purple
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 4:59 pm

She KILLED IT!
The Mack. ULUV2H8
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:05 pm

just watched the performance again in HD and with a sober outlook...

All things considered, she SLAYED!! It was pouring raining and cold and she hit some amazing notes live! She sounds just as resonant and powerful as ever! On second view, the arrangement isn't so bad I just wish they gave her more time or cut COOB so it didn't come off so rushed, but she looked amazing!
Stripped
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:07 pm

Honestly I just want to smack some of you shady bitches.
LIBERATION.
FranzJoseph
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:21 pm

The Mack. wrote:
pretty sure she had no resonance at all.

I liked Genie and honestly she did really good in Fighter, but that one kind of needs that rough gargling gravel type vocal.

Her absolutely yelling out the verses of CHUD was BAD.
The Mack. ULUV2H8
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:52 pm

FranzJoseph wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 5:21 pm
The Mack. wrote:
pretty sure she had no resonance at all.

I liked Genie and honestly she did really good in Fighter, but that one kind of needs that rough gargling gravel type vocal.

Her absolutely yelling out the verses of CHUD was BAD.

She was very resonant at the start for Genie and even on Fighter. As for the yelling on CHUD, sounded to me more like her talk-sing "rap" voice she was using.
HAZAYY
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:57 pm

The performance and song choices (specially with those weird remixes) were horrible but she looked amazing. Ice queen.

Is her outfit going viral btw? I saw a lot of people RTing it cause it looked like Lizzie Mcguire's in that movie :rip:
I know I may be young but
I've got feelings too
& I need to do
what I feel like doing
so let me go
& just listen...
Guess
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 6:17 pm

GIAB and LTBL :love:

The audience is dead probably because they had to turn down the audience mic feed so the sound of rain doesn't come through
kevinasturm
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 6:41 pm

POint Blank Periodt.
She owned the night.
frauggles
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 2nd, 2019, 12:49 am

She did amazing.

I think the impact would have been bigger if they combined her with Post Malone. And without the last line in her performance ending in “cause I want your touch.”
Xiggity
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 2nd, 2019, 2:23 am

Finally seen the performance! It was cute for what it was! She looked stunning though! Loved this look! ❤️ 👸 💁
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜❣️
Liv_Enrique
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 2nd, 2019, 3:19 am

Erotica wrote:
backtobasics9000 wrote:

I totally agree, smokes from her mouth are coming out during the fighter portion, proving that coldness is already getting in to her.
Adele's religion is Beyonce; Beyonce wants to be like Christina! Christina won!
Erotica
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 2nd, 2019, 3:23 am

Liv_Enrique wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 3:19 am
Erotica wrote:

I totally agree, smokes from her mouth are coming out during the fighter portion, proving that coldness is already getting in to her. 
I think it started like mid CHUD. 
desnudate_czr
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 2nd, 2019, 3:30 am

Sapphire wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 12:49 pm

She stans Legend X! Any of us would wait for our fave in the cold rain after a performance just to say hi, the guy recording next to her says “It’s Lindsay” right before X reacts 🥰
Emma
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 2nd, 2019, 6:47 am

Lindsay :funny:
Sometimes men love women, sometimes men love men, and then there are bisexuals, though some just say they're kidding themselves. ♫♪
Phoebe Buffay - Sometimes, 1995
YourBody1
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 2nd, 2019, 7:08 am

:roll: it looks like lindsay tried to tap her on her shoulder as she walked by