OT: Christina Grimmie passes away after being shot at Orlando concert

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
NIGHTMARE ⬆️
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 4:16 pm

Angela Merkel wrote:
PennyRae wrote:I think people who commit mass murders are obviously mentally ill. The news labeling white killers VS ethnic killers different things is true, but that doesn't change the fact that all of them have/had mental issues. The label issue is an issue with society/racism/privilege etc.

Regardless, all those problems need to be addressed. We have to prevent people from getting guns and we have to try to focus on helping those with issues before they try hurting others.  

Take away guns, you may have prevented a mass killing, but you still have someone who is mentally ill who can still hurt others or themselves.
That's exactly what I meant. All mass killers are mentally ill. There are no exceptions.

And yes, mentally ill people need help and guns need to be banned. Thank you.
So then we are arguing the same thing.

My issue was with you saying that mental illness doesn't kill people, guns do. They both go hand in hand. You can't address one and not address the other.
Angela Merkel ♥♣♦♠
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 4:20 pm

NIGHTMARE© wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:
I was just stating the obvious and you will deal.

And no, mental illness doesn't kill. It's the trigger and a gun that does or did he kill her with his bare hands?

If anything, mentally ill people need HELP and guns need to be BANNED. Very simple.
Which is exactly why guns need to be banned. But that still leaves us with the problem of MENTALLY ILL people. Without a gun, they will find other ways to harm others. So yes you will see them using their bare hands, knives, bombs, etc. 

How can you NOT realize that someone who has the capacity to MURDER someone in cold blood with very little motive is mentally unwell?
But sis I realise it. That was my point. All are mentally ill. The skin color doesn't matter in that case and should not be used to describe someone with a different ethnicity something else. I'm sorry if I didn't get my point across clear enough.

And what I meant with mental illness excuses is that I'm tired of it in the case of.."should we feel sorry now?"

Again,I'm.sorry if I didn't get it across clear enough.

PennyRae explained it perfectly and just the way I feel.
NIGHTMARE ⬆️
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 4:24 pm

Angela Merkel wrote:
NIGHTMARE© wrote: Which is exactly why guns need to be banned. But that still leaves us with the problem of MENTALLY ILL people. Without a gun, they will find other ways to harm others. So yes you will see them using their bare hands, knives, bombs, etc. 

How can you NOT realize that someone who has the capacity to MURDER someone in cold blood with very little motive is mentally unwell?
But sis I realise it. That was my point. All are mentally ill. The skin color doesn't matter in that case and should not be used to describe someone with a different ethnicity something else. I'm sorry if I didn't get my point across clear enough.

And what I meant with mental illness excuses is that I'm tired of it in the case of.."should we feel sorry now?"

The way I see it, it's not about feeling sorry for them. Someone who does something like this should be held accountable for it to the fullest extent of the law. No one should feel sorry for them.

But maybe if resources for people like him were more easily accessible and if there wasn't such a huge stigma towards mental illness in this country, things like this could be prevented from happening.
Angela Merkel ♥♣♦♠
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 4:27 pm

NIGHTMARE© wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:

The way I see it, it's not about feeling sorry for them. Someone who does something like this should be held accountable for it to the fullest extent of the law. No one should feel sorry for them.

But maybe if resources for people like him were more easily accessible and if there wasn't such a huge stigma towards mental illness in this country, things like this could be prevented from happening.
Well I don't know what the stigma over at the U.S. is sis.

Don't they get medication or help?
You have free health care already or not?
Melissa
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 4:31 pm

A lot of mentally ill people are most likely to be harmed than be violent themselves. The stigma surrounding mental illness continues to live on.

That said, you obviously are not in the right frame of mind to kill anyone. It's pure hatred.
NIGHTMARE ⬆️
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 4:33 pm

Angela Merkel wrote:
NIGHTMARE© wrote:

Well I don't know what the stigma over at the U.S. is sis.

Don't they get medication or help?
You have free health care already or not?[/quote]
We don't and there is a very strong stigma against mental illness. It is NOT talked about enough and many people, particularly minorities, either sweep it under the rug or view it as someone being "crazy" as opposed to getting them the help that they need.
NIGHTMARE ⬆️
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 4:39 pm

Melissa wrote:A lot of mentally ill people are most likely to be harmed than be violent themselves. 
Considering that 174 mentally ill individuals murdered hundreds of people this year alone, I'd say that is incorrect.
Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 5:41 pm

NIGHTMARE© wrote:
Melissa wrote:A lot of mentally ill people are most likely to be harmed than be violent themselves. 
Considering that 174 mentally ill individuals murdered hundreds of people this year alone, I'd say that is incorrect.
I think @Melissa is right, actually. You have to remember millions of people suffer for some sort of mental illnesses and I've also read the statistic that it's more likely mentally ill person to be victim of violence than be violent themselves. (174 is pretty small number if we're thinking globally.)

However, I think this discussion surrounding mental illness is little bit off of the mass-murderer topic, because not all mass-murderers are exactly mentally ill, at least in the sense that they wouldn't know what they're doing/wouldn't be responsible for their actions. Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian mass-murderer, he was apparently fully conscious of his actions whilst doing the murders. My point is, that murderers like that seem to know what they're doing. 
I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-bullshit - Christina Aguilera :suckmydick:
GoGo
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Martin wrote:
Maleficent wrote:The man who shot and killed "Voice" contestant Christina Grimmie had no known connection to her ... law enforcement tells TMZ.
We're told the investigation is still active, but so far homicide detectives in Orlando have found no ties between the shooter -- who killed himself -- and Christina.
We're told as far as law enforcement knows ... there were no red flags associated with the shooter in terms of doing bizarre or violent things in the past, but again we're told the investigation is ongoing.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/11/voice-con ... -stranger/
Somehow this is even scarier... Like why was she the target then?? They need to raid his house, I'm sure he had some freaky shit about Christina there... This is reminding me of that guy who tried to murder Bjork with a mail bomb and then commit suicide on tape. :noway:
Back in December of 2014  Dimebag Darrell was gunned down by a crazed fan on stage in the middle of playing a song,shot 5 times in the head and his brother witnessed his murder. This is tragic my heart dropped! R.I.P Christina
GoGo
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 5:46 pm

This is a comment by a bands frontwomen

• heidithebutcher And people wonder why sometimes artists are hesitant to be so accessible. I've been assaulted before at a free meet n' greet after our performance and you just never know the level that some people might take it to. This, and other instances are clear examples as to why artists are cautious regardless of their fan-base's love for them. I've had people complain to me and other members of my band that security wouldn't let them in with their giant camera bag because they didn't have a photo pass. Imagine what else could be in that bag that wasn't approved through the proper steps. Unfortunately, we can all do everything in our power to keep our fans, friends, family, crew, staff, ourselves etc safe at a show, but shit like this continues to happen. Just like with an instance with me, one threatening word or action, you're fucking gone! No ifs ands or buts about it. Kicked out! And that's the way it should be. People with that level of crazy are lethal and this just goes to show the truth behind that statement... Rest in Peace, beautiful girl. May your music live on forever!
SEVINNYNE.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 5:54 pm

I was re-watching her old youtube videos today and wow..really can't wrap my mind around the fact that this innocent girl has been shot. She had her whole life ahead of her. RIP baby girl.
NIGHTMARE ⬆️
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 6:14 pm

Raven wrote:
NIGHTMARE© wrote: Considering that 174 mentally ill individuals murdered hundreds of people this year alone, I'd say that is incorrect.
I think @Melissa is right, actually. You have to remember millions of people suffer for some sort of mental illnesses and I've also read the statistic that it's more likely mentally ill person to be victim of violence than be violent themselves. (174 is pretty small number if we're thinking globally.)

However, I think this discussion surrounding mental illness is little bit off of the mass-murderer topic, because not all mass-murderers are exactly mentally ill, at least in the sense that they wouldn't know what they're doing/wouldn't be responsible for their actions. Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian mass-murderer, he was apparently fully conscious of his actions whilst doing the murders. My point is, that murderers like that seem to know what they're doing. 
You can be mentally ill and conscious of your actions. Anders sounds like sociopath. He was conscious of his actions but felt no remorse for them. That is not sanity. People in their right minds don't just wake up and decide they want to kill a ton of people.
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 6:45 pm

GoGo wrote:This is a comment by a bands frontwomen

• heidithebutcher And people wonder why sometimes artists are hesitant to be so accessible. I've been assaulted before at a free meet n' greet after our performance and you just never know the level that some people might take it to. This, and other instances are clear examples as to why artists are cautious regardless of their fan-base's love for them. I've had people complain to me and other members of my band that security wouldn't let them in with their giant camera bag because they didn't have a photo pass. Imagine what else could be in that bag that wasn't approved through the proper steps. Unfortunately, we can all do everything in our power to keep our fans, friends, family, crew, staff, ourselves etc safe at a show, but shit like this continues to happen. Just like with an instance with me, one threatening word or action, you're fucking gone! No ifs ands or buts about it. Kicked out! And that's the way it should be. People with that level of crazy are lethal and this just goes to show the truth behind that statement... Rest in Peace, beautiful girl. May your music live on forever!
That reminds me of when Leona Lewis got punched in the face by a fake fan pretending he wanted an autograph too :noway: I didn't know there had been more incidents like this.

Some people were critical of Justin Bieber canceling his meet and greets because he didn't feel comfortable but it seems like he was onto something and more people seem to be understanding of his view now. It makes sense too now why Britney Spears and Avril Lavigne are distant from their fans at meet and greets.

It seems like Christina's death has already had some immediate effects too. Bea Miller cancelled a fan event and Selena Gomez cancelled a meet and greet. Zayn also cancelled an event due to anxiety, perhaps from hearing about this?
Last edited by Hudson Winters on June 12th, 2016, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Aren't some meet & greets paid? Couldn't they just check every person and then have security there. Do it back stage and not like out in the open where anyone can walk up.
love&music
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 9:57 pm

Im so sad.
Kerry
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Cant get over last nights incident happened 4 miles away Grimmies murder. Grimmies murder. That sounds crazy. Christina Grimmie was murdered. Wtf!
#fanfromthestart I am far
From “new” 😂
Kerry
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 11:11 pm

I cant wrap my head around the fact that she was MURDERED.

And so many more innocent lives taken last night. This is unbelievable.
From “new” 😂
Kerry
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 12th, 2016, 11:14 pm

Igor wrote:I wonder if Christina knows how deep this girl idolized her... i wish i could tell her, you know? 

I am positive ppl sent her videos over the last 2 days. I hope she shows up at her funeral. Xtina was her idol. She was crazzzzzy about her just like we are. 100% positive she knows how much Grimmie loved her.
From “new” 😂
Kitana maria
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 1:15 am

Adam Levine is paying for Christina's funeral and her mother's airfare. It's nice to see this act of kindness amidst this tragic event.
Galaxtina
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 3:55 am

Oh, god that's the reason why I hate guns so much.They kill in seconds so many people! :(  I am sad about these terrible news. :(

Grimmie's Xtina  cover is AN AMAZING!
So don't you bring me down today.
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 7:02 am

Tina wrote:Adam Levine is paying for Christina's funeral and her mother's airfare. It's nice to see this act of kindness amidst this tragic event.
That's very kind of Adam. I hope he's talking to Xtina about the funeral and about attending it. It seems like Xtina really doesn't attend things that are out of her way these days, but I think it would be a great gesture of support and would be appreciated by Christina's family.
Necessity
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 7:52 am

Tina wrote:Adam Levine is paying for Christina's funeral and her mother's airfare. It's nice to see this act of kindness amidst this tragic event.
Really ? Kind gesture of him. I'm not saying it will make her family feel better about this tragedy, but that they don't have to worry about being able to give Christina a proper send-off due to financial limitations, will give them a little bit of comfort.

EDIT: WAIT. The gofundme page Christina's manager set up is at  $123.000 :icant:
NewAgenda
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 9:32 am

That's very sweet of him. That's the last thing a family wants to be stressing about during grieving.
Why you still talking 'bout me like we together?
I moved on for the better
You moved on to whoever
I was down for whatever and then some
You gon' make me late to work again

- SZA, Broken Clocks
Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 9:37 am

Hudson Winters wrote:
That's very kind of Adam. I hope he's talking to Xtina about the funeral and about attending it. It seems like Xtina really doesn't attend things that are out of her way these days, but I think it would be a great gesture of support and would be appreciated by Christina's family.
Very kind of Adam. Nice
And i feel like Christina would definitely attend it if someone called her... like Adam, or her family. 
paulrivas88
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 9:55 am

PennyRae wrote:What the FUCK? Why her???!?!? I'm really praying for her :noway:

[youtube]CjNaJKrmpkI[/youtube]

I'm so upset. I was a lowkey fan of hers for a long time and she's such an Xtina stan. I truly hope she's okay.
This video made me cry so much.
RIP Christina, little beautiful angel, fellow Fighter :(
paulrivas88
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 9:58 am

Kerry wrote:Cant get over last nights incident happened 4 miles away Grimmies murder. Grimmies murder. That sounds crazy. Christina Grimmie was murdered. Wtf!
Just reading the word "murder" makes me so mad and sad at the same time.
Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 11:25 am

ok Im sad again today
and the facts this news is overshadowed by the #PulseOrlando :cry:
Kerry
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 12:22 pm

Its not overshadowed. She was on front pages of newspapers the other morning, her death is all over the internet. We cant think that way.
From “new” 😂
Melissa
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 12:25 pm

Overshadowed? Both are tragic. There is no competition. What the hell?
MONBEBE
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 12:45 pm

dont mean to be insensitive...
But this kinda overshadows her death.
But i feel really awefull for bot of em'