The Official AMAs Thread // RED CARPET + SHOW

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
peggyboo69
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 7:02 am

What I love about this performance is that she's really doing a tribute to the LEGEND. I have seen a lot of tribute performance for the late legendary Whitney but it comes down to who hits the highest note, who has the most range..etc but in this performance I felt Xtina's heart, her appreciation towards Whitney, her love, her inspiration, the respect and even the longing of her idol. She's really quite emotional all throughout, she's even very humble all throughout. While paying tribute she still added her signature Xtina vocals, It will never be a Xtina performance without the vocal embellishments. You stay a fucking fool if you think Xtina was just about to sing the whole song straight up.

Dani
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 7:24 am

Good morning
Are we facing a backlash? I’m not sure
Fuck everyone
💕

Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 8:03 am

so the stylist for yesterday was this chick

probably the new intern that Jessy looking last couple weeks since she's in NYC when AMAs

MissA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 8:26 am

peggyboo69 wrote:
What I love about this performance is that she's really doing a tribute to the LEGEND. I have seen a lot of tribute performance for the late legendary Whitney but it comes down to who hits the highest note, who has the most range..etc but in this performance I felt Xtina's heart, her appreciation towards Whitney, her love, her inspiration, the respect and even the longing of her idol. She's really quite emotional all throughout, she's even very humble all throughout. While paying tribute she still added her signature Xtina vocals, It will never be a Xtina performance without the vocal embellishments. You stay a fucking fool if you think Xtina was just about to sing the whole song straight up.
Yes yes and yes, I was going to post the exact same thing... it's not about perfection it was about emotion and Xtina had that and she will always put her twist on anything she does, that's what makes Christina... Christina. I personally loved the performance.

Racso
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 9:32 am

Nice to see Lea Michele talking about Christina 😍

Heretostay23
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 9:53 am

PennyRae wrote:
November 20th, 2017, 6:57 am
Kinda feels like the days following the super bowl performance. One of the local radio stations were hating :( lemme text them hate right quick.

The good thing is Xtina could easily top this performance, so next time she performs she'll slay. Hopefully it's her single. She'll have another Aretha Franklin Tribute moment where she's "redeemed" for those hating.
And that's exactly how fickle the GP is. The moment she comes out and slays the next performance it'll be "Damn Xtina, where ya been?" Or "Ok girl, gimme those vocals."

Kataclysm03
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 9:54 am

Apparently it's also Brandy fans doing a lot of the complaining and asking why not her. Just bc Brandy had that awkward meltdown on sms recently, where in her mind she is Whitney's champion or reborn or something, doesn't mean she should do it. That's coming from me, a person who has also liked Brandy, never once said negative about her, and still mean her no shade.

The nerve of the roaches also talking, or even trying to talk about what's disrespectful or not, and that she should be the one, when she's the one whose disrespected people (including those deceased) w/ her "covers" and tributes. She did so even with those who openly disproved of her, something Christina has never done. Etta James, who actually approved of Christina, says, "Hi". Amy also comes to mind with that forced attempt at "sexy" yonkers tried with "Back to Black", to which as Amy had beef w/ Kanye & Jay Z, did she even like Beyonce? She shouldn't even touch the dang song if her husband and friends have beef w/ the person. Even the family said they weren't even asked or notified. Ntm claiming she wrote "Emotions", RIP Robin Gibb. Really? Thief? Rudé? Queen of disrespecting artists, here and departed, foreign and domestic?ImageImageImageImageImageImage Ntm the "growl" and "belt" complaints when that's what yonkers does per word. :rip: At least Christina emotes and is genuine.
Last edited by Kataclysm03 on November 20th, 2017, 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

BYC My Mind
Mod @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 9:55 am

It feels like the days following the superbowl? :rip: Yall need to pull yourselves together.

Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 9:59 am

Mike SHinoda was feeling it

Kataclysm03
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 10:27 am

Brandy's posts btw:http://thejasminebrand.com/2017/08/09/e ... -birthday/ Now this is disrespectful, ntm seems very narcissistic.:ziggy: I say, let's not feed into whatever is going on w/ her already by even suggesting she should handle such in that state of mind. Seriously, is she ok? :( While googling for this, some other "meltdowns" came up, like cursing out her fans and such. I take the health of others seriously, so if she has some underlying condition, I genuinely hope she gets better soon.

To those complaining about race, I'm sorry all you hear when listening to music is race; that all you saw and thought when you see/hear Whitney is "Black" (hopefully there's "person" in there); that all you see is race/color and that people should "stick their color" only or whatever, bc Whitney (everyone) is so much more than that.ImageImageImage
I'm sorry that you're filled w/ so much hate and prejudice, trying to mask it under guises of "respect", "righteousness", and such. Love more, hate less, please.
Last edited by Kataclysm03 on November 20th, 2017, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

rye
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 10:34 am

there is so much talk about Brandy...has Brandy, herself, even made a comment on the performance??

Music
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 10:37 am

Xtina put all the powerhouse singers into their bitterness selves and I bet they are all singing I Will Aways Love You with all their forces to prove to themselves that THEY are the best.
Bitter bitches, stay bitters.

Kataclysm03
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 10:59 am

rye wrote:
November 20th, 2017, 10:34 am
there is so much talk about Brandy...has Brandy, herself, even made a comment on the performance??
Exactly; people are being shoved in who shouldn't be, just for the sake of it, when there are valid reasons why such weren't chosen, as is ther for why Christina was, and the only things that can be found in regards to those others and this is that meltdown spam from Brandy; Beyonce wasn't even on the table at all (+loves Christina) and JHud (who also loves Christina) did the one for WH's passing already, etc. These people don't seem to have beef about it. Whitney and family love Christina, chose her, and don't have such beef. It's just negative people showing their dark sides.

When not doing that they add imaginary beef, like those still trying to make Pink's reactions negative, despite her own words. Some trying Ciara, but the only thing I saw was a smile. Justin Hartley looked shady in the darker takes, but in some lighter ones, it could read the same as Pink, as confusion of the camera beibg on him, or nothing at all.

Crystal
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 11:10 am

I'm loving fashiontina

magnolia
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 11:11 am

Sapphire wrote:
November 20th, 2017, 9:59 am
Mike SHinoda was feeling it

I love Linkin Park so damn much!! I knew I could count on my boys. Nice to know they appreciate talent too. Well the talented appreciates the talented so I shouldn't be surprised. So proud that they won an award. #RIPChester :(

Yass
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 11:27 am

where can i download the performance in hd?

Melissa
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 11:42 am

I watched the performance again. God, she is SO GOOD. We need Christina back.

Du Soleil
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 12:45 pm

I think she's just nervous, plus the band fucked up. Beside that her vocal is Stellar....

And about the critics I think just because Whitney and Christina is a big star and inspiration to many. So we have to handle this situation with cold headed. The intro of IWALY and the whole RTY is such a great vocal moments for me. I wish RTY has more duration. :D

Just keep everything classy guys. Sometimes i want a singer roundtable a la THR to discuss vocal moments so there will be more discussion on it rather than attacking each other...

Anyway, Im very happy with this moment, we unite as a great Fighter. Hope it will continue until X6! Cheers!

Mal
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 12:46 pm

I am watching it over and over again, and the band is BAD. They do not follow her lead AT ALL. I demand some firings.
👄👄👄

★X6=groundbreaking★
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 1:03 pm

I can't believe how bad the band was,,,It's like they wanted her to look like off-tempo on purpose..

★X6=groundbreaking★
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 1:12 pm

I think GP doesn't know how hard to sing medley of Whitney's.

If she sung just 1 Whitney song it would have got good response from GP.

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 1:21 pm

peggyboo69 wrote:
She was emotional yeah, we could see that.

I really felt her love and admiration for Whitney. Which is why any hatred seems so petty and ungrateful.

Important people are recognizing it, so I'm good.
"Christina Aguilera is my favorite drag queen in the world" - Farrah Moan

LittleMonkey
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 1:34 pm

I feel so protective of her now, like I did after the Etta James funeral

BionicPrince
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 1:39 pm

mess at Britney stans getting all brave and saying how bad she was :rip: their fave can't even hold a note while singing Happy Birthday, now imagine her singing a Whitney song, let alone IWALY and I Have Nothing. :noway:

paato
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 2:21 pm

she did and she SANG 4 OF THE HARDEST SONGS IN HISTORY. My baby slayed. Let the rest wish they were called by whitney's family to do it. I love the fact christina was called by them, she must be so proud

CHINO
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 3:55 pm

I watched the performance again and my sister was stanning. She was lying in her bed when she heared I was playing something in her laptop. She got up and sit through the performance when I told her it’s Xtina doing a tribute for Whitney and she said she Xtina is the best in terms of vocals. I freaked out because my sister was a Britney stan when we were in high school. The power of Queen! :cry: :cry:

christinalover
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Also there is a lot of complaining of stupid people my humble opinion is that queen was the best performance last night by far and one of the best ever, the bad sound technique didn't do her justice the other artists also had some problems before I think live it was so much more impressing

I mean the reaction of the audience at the end says it all. <3

Crystal
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 5:07 pm

Mal wrote:
November 20th, 2017, 12:46 pm
I am watching it over and over again, and the band is BAD. They do not follow her lead AT ALL. I demand some firings.
huh but wouldn't that throw the whole song off beat...?

how can the entire band follow the singer, it should be the other way round

Crystal
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 5:15 pm

some rancid cunt tried to come for Xtina on the RPDR subreddit grrr

Mack. NASTY
Urbans @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 20th, 2017, 5:27 pm

From another thread:

Wait... she actually fucking killed this!! The more I listen, and when u realize that even Whitney herself was not a "perfect" live singer... she fuckin slayed this! The mistakes in perspective are minor. & more so stylistic, than vocally. A true vocalist takes risks. Sometimes they work sometimes not so much but all in all it takes guts to put it all out there in front of the world.

She hit some amazing high notes live! :eek:
I'm 100% happy with this upon listening a few more times.