The Official AMAs Thread // RED CARPET + SHOW

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Ramon wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:29 pm
the one with the other black girls at backstage

are they WHitney's relatives?

STOPIT
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

LostSoul wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:36 pm
H2o wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:31 pm

:tellmemore:
This is the footage I want. The sound is so much better.
The acoustics in the arena definitely richened the sound, i was not impressed with the sound on tv at all with any of the performances.

Miguel
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

MONBEBE wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:35 pm
WalkAway wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:33 pm
I just think you need to log off. DOn't mean this in a bad way but people who are active on social media are ((% of the time doing the most and always looking for negative stuff. The GP doesn't frequent this shit and won't even notice any of this is going on. I bet the average watcher liked her performance and didn't notice anything shady. People like the NY news lady are just looking for clicks and attention.

Also X seems to draw these stories since she is a big name. Like you never see this shit about Shawn Mendez and the like because no one thinks that deep of them. Xtina is a huge polarizing figure which is a compliment IMO.
majority of twitter is dragging her....
and its stressing me.
Seek help then. If strangers on twitter are stressing you I don’t wanna imagine how you take actual people in your daily life not agreeing with you and stuff. :ziggy:

Don’t make a big deal out of this, guys. Seriously. X is happy ffs. Can’t yall be happy too?!

Chintheory
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

Exactly how I interpreted that. 😂😂😂
You-Know-Who wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:21 pm
SiXX wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:14 pm
"she was always kind and so warm and she didn't have to be and many times when you meet your idol they are not that way. and i remember her being a bright light, also, to me as an upcoming singer...

... but I guess when you're the greatest"
Why would she uppercut and KO mariah like that? :funny:

WalkAway
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

MONBEBE wrote:
WalkAway wrote:
I just think you need to log off. DOn't mean this in a bad way but people who are active on social media are ((% of the time doing the most and always looking for negative stuff. The GP doesn't frequent this shit and won't even notice any of this is going on. I bet the average watcher liked her performance and didn't notice anything shady. People like the NY news lady are just looking for clicks and attention.

Also X seems to draw these stories since she is a big name. Like you never see this shit about Shawn Mendez and the like because no one thinks that deep of them. Xtina is a huge polarizing figure which is a compliment IMO.
and its stressing me.
Twitter also "dragged' Trump and Taylor Swift a lot and look how that turned out. These "viral" tweets are irrelevant. Pinks tweets had a ton of replies. The only hate she really gets is some pressed housewives and pressed gheys. She just needs to have a good first single and she will be fine. This "hate" is a non event and everyone here is just hyper sensitive for X.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:39 pm

Ramon wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:32 pm
:( mom

Also I'm slayed by all her social media activity. Keep it up, babe.

peggyboo69
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:39 pm

I love that she's been sporting her natural skin color. She looks fresh.

BionicPrince
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:40 pm

I really enjoyed her "I Have Nothing" performance, I felt like here she was giving her all and nailed it. I Will Always Love You and Run To You on the other hand weren't as good as I hoped them to be, but not even because of the vocals, just because she was singing them in a different style, which sounded a bit off to me.

I'm not disappointed or anything, she was probably still the best singer of the night. :love:

Jungkook
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:40 pm

All my faves slayed tonigh, I'm at peace.
She has a disease. It's called LIEabetes.

Yisus86
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:41 pm

This is my first post here ever, and all I can say is: I remember when Christina sang IAMMMW at the Grammys, many fans on ALD were in same way at this moment, they didn´t like her performance, many people were saying she was screaming, out of tune, and so on, BUT that tribute became one of the greatest of all time (3rd in Grammy History). I think tomorrow the media is going to be talking about Christina, prising her, and mentioning how she did an amazing tribute again. I can't express how much she made me feel tonight, I am so fucking proud of her and to be her fan.
Last edited by Yisus86 on November 19th, 2017, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D'Avi G O L
Urbans @ x/RED
Reactions:

Ramon wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:32 pm
OMG am broken.

We looove you QuEn :cry:
GOL / G.O.L. [gee-oh-el or, often, gol] Gagging out loud; Giggling out loud: used as a response to something funny or throw the slightest of shade to a rather dull comment.

Avi By: dinvy

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

STOPIT wrote:
LostSoul wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:36 pm
This is the footage I want. The sound is so much better.
The acoustics in the arena definitely richened the sound, i was not impressed with the sound on tv at all with any of the performances.
That's usually how it goes though lol the acoustics from the audience perspective slays.

I need audience POV videos ASAP

Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

backtobasics9000
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:42 pm

MONBEBE wrote:
WalkAway wrote:

and its stressing me.
Even some well known twitters (the ones with the certified check mark) are being cruel to her.
(But some I noticed were complaining beforehand that she was "appropriating" Whitney's culture, so I think they were just waiting to pounce on her.)
I understand it wasn't as good as Whitney in her prime, but I really want to know why the same people who belittle Christina are praising Selena's performance. Honestly, what is going on?

NewAgenda
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

Heretostay23 wrote:
Baffles me how this woman can sometimes sound better on a Camera phone recording than live tv...
Blame AMAs constant tech issues. The band was not following Christina either. Whitney would take more breath before doing the “and I” when singing live and her band followed her. Christina is in the forefront and they should follow however she is being moved in a performance.
Why you still talking 'bout me like we together?
I moved on for the better
You moved on to whoever
I was down for whatever and then some
You gon' make me late to work again

- SZA, Broken Clocks

Miguel
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:43 pm

Aghhh stfu for once ffs srsly it should be the threads about x’s interview or the video she posted atop the forum not this and other threads bringing and talking about negativity. Don’t make a big deal out of worthless stuff, people. You can clearly see this meant a lot to X and that she is beyond happy right now. Don’t fuck it up w your bad vibes.

Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:44 pm

MONBEBE wrote:
WalkAway wrote:

and its stressing me.
just retweet some positive comment and from major news outlet then

NewAgenda
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:44 pm

Kelly nailed it and even performed Miss Independent. Get those royalty checks Queen!
You moved on to whoever

- SZA, Broken Clocks

You-Know-Who
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:45 pm

NewAgenda wrote:
Heretostay23 wrote:
Baffles me how this woman can sometimes sound better on a Camera phone recording than live tv...
Blame AMAs constant tech issues. The band was not following Christina either. Whitney would take more breath before doing the “and I” when singing live and her band followed her. Christina is in the forefront and they should follow however she is being moved in a performance.
exactly. stupid band. do they have another gig to catch up to not let x savor the moment?

Xiggity
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:46 pm

I agree 100 percent. Pink WAS being supportive and bopping. That mean mug is just her face and she had it on the red carpet too. She just frowns a lot. Besides, who made Pink the seal of approval! Christina did her job and sang beautifully. And she's in good spirits. So let's not focus on the haters. I'm sure this meant a lot to her. I'm proud of her as a Stan. All that matters to me. :love:

Ceres Aguilera
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:48 pm

That random Ashlee cutaway shot cracked me up. :O

X-hunter
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

Sapphire wrote:
Ramon wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:29 pm
the one with the other black girls at backstage

are they WHitney's relatives?

No shade - her face looks stunning, her hair looks stunning!

But.... who chosed that unflattering dress??

Again: this is not body-shaming at all: but here she looks like she has 10 pounds more than she actually has :eek:

happydan
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

Pink replied:

The end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewAgenda
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:49 pm

You-Know-Who wrote:
November 19th, 2017, 10:45 pm
NewAgenda wrote:
exactly. stupid band. do they have another gig to catch up to not let x savor the moment?
That’s what made Whitney doing IWALY live so iconic. She would really savor the moment before “and I.” They better get it together for X6. Christina is not a recital type singer. She can be moved at any moment.
You moved on to whoever

- SZA, Broken Clocks

LittleMonkey
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:52 pm

Lbr, most people hating on her would, and probably did, hate on Whitney's vocals before she died

D'Avi G O L
Urbans @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:52 pm

Diana!!!! L E G E N D!!!
GOL / G.O.L. [gee-oh-el or, often, gol] Gagging out loud; Giggling out loud: used as a response to something funny or throw the slightest of shade to a rather dull comment.

Avi By: dinvy

Fusée Jaune
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:53 pm

Diana doing the same performance she's been doing for decades.

DirrtyCali
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 19th, 2017, 10:54 pm

I fuckin loved the performance! People may think she overdid the ending of IWALY but have y’all heard when Whitney sang it live? Whitney sometimes ended IWALY like the way Xtina did...maybe Xtina was studying on Whitney did it live instead of the studio versions?

Polevshchikov
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

Stan some more, Demi!

Ceres Aguilera
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

Don't you carry nothing that might be a load...