The Official POLITICS Thread.

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
HeX MΔR∇ΣL
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:01 pm

I love this tbh

[youtube]
[/youtube]

What I love even more is that it's a white dud that punches him. :fan:

What I find weird is that the same type of Americans that will crucify you for being unpatriotic or disrespectful to our vets are the type also defending this piece of shit Nazi

Nazis are enemy of the state plain and simple .... our grandfathers fought and killed them as well as Indiana Jones, Captain America, Wonder Woman ..hell even Donald Duck lol yes I know they are not real but just saying Nazis are the enemy and no respect or freedoms should be given to them

HeX MΔR∇ΣL
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:02 pm

I'm not sure why the video won't post for me
Last edited by HeX MΔR∇ΣL on January 23rd, 2017, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeX MΔR∇ΣL
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:03 pm

[youtube]9rh1dhur4aI[/youtube]

StopIt!
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:06 pm

Living

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:09 pm

HeX wrote:[youtube]9rh1dhur4aI[/youtube]
I saw this last week on Twitter! :funny:
"Christina Aguilera is my favorite drag queen in the world" - Farrah Moan

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:13 pm

HeX wrote:I'm not sure why the video won't post for me
No need for code sis, just post the link and it should do it by itself. 

HeX MΔR∇ΣL
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:14 pm

PennyRae wrote:
HeX wrote:I'm not sure why the video won't post for me
No need for code sis, just post the link and it should do it by itself. 

What the hell! Why was this merged ... this is a topic about white supremacy and Nazis... what white mod merged this?
Last edited by HeX MΔR∇ΣL on January 23rd, 2017, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeX MΔR∇ΣL
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:14 pm

Oh and thanks PennyBae

Tink.
Mod @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:18 pm

Caroline is a very classy lady who has mostly kept private over the years despite her family name/comnnections. She's been asked about running for office someday since way back when JFK Jr. died, everyone assumed he'd be carrying on the family name until then. Her kids are probably grown now and she's probably been inspired to get active with all this mess...

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:26 pm

Women's March countries and cities & overall marchers turnout

NUMBER OF MARCHES: 673

SISTER MARCHERS (EST): 4,834,000

https://www.womensmarch.com/sisters

jorge.
Admin @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:56 pm

PennyRae wrote:Question for those who know more: isn't it kinda useless to run for senate if you potentially plan on running for president 2 years later? I mean most people start their campaign almost 2 years before the election so wouldn't a majority of her time be spent after she wins the senate race on the presidential race? Assuming she wins the senate race.
Not if you're doing it as a stepping stone. It's a reputation thing. Senator looks better for your resume than ambassador. You can get your name out there on bills and legislation that affects the country, and then tout your record as part of that. You can't do that as ambassador to x country.
See, I've been having me a real good time
And it feels so nice to know I'm gonna be alright
So please don't take my feelings...

SanelyInsane
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 8:56 pm

PennyRae wrote:
Elrond wrote: well he never got a chance to announce anything, but i believe his friends who said he was planning on it. Not that it had anything to do with Hillary, but Snopes is not the end all be all of what's true or not anyway
Wasn't posting it as an end all, sis. Personally I didn't know much about that senate run, partially because I was like 5 at the time and it hasn't been relevant :funny: so I googled it and posted what I found for context. 

I do trust Snopes to an extent though. 
He was never interested in politics. Watch his Oprah interview. The man was also too shy and very private.

Angela Merkel G.O.A.T.
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 12:21 pm

Early Sunday morning, Israel approved building permits for nearly 600 new homes in three settlements in East Jerusalem — just two days after Donald Trump took his oath of office. A few hours later, the Israeli news outlet Haaretz reported that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had informed the members of his inner security cabinet that he decided to lift all restrictions on Israeli construction in East Jerusalem.

Back in December, the Obama administration took the unprecedented step of allowing an extremely controversial UN resolution condemning Israeli settlement activity in the West Bank and East Jerusalem to pass, sparking a major diplomatic fight with Israel. But though he was outraged, Netanyahu ordered the Jerusalem municipality to wait on approving new housing units in an attempt to avoid further inflaming US-Israeli relations.

That is, to wait until Trump took office.

Meir Turgeman, the chair of the municipality's Planning and Building committee, told Israel Radio on Sunday, "I was told to wait until Trump takes office because he has no problem with building in Jerusalem," Turgeman said, adding there were hundreds more units waiting for approval.

Trump has broken with longstanding US policy on settlements
For nearly half a century, American presidents of both parties have joined the rest of the international community in condemning Israeli settlements on Palestinian lands and labelling them one of the main obstacles to peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

But Trump has completely upended that longstanding policy. He publicly slammed the Obama administration for its decision to abstain on the UN settlement vote. His pick to be the next ambassador to Israel, David Friedman, is staunchly pro-settlement, as is Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law.

The Times of Israel reports that Friedman has raised millions of dollars for the West Bank settlement of Beit El. They also note that “the foundation run by the family of Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, has also supported Beit El, and Trump himself has donated money to a Jewish seminary in the settlement through his foundation, tax records show.”

Trump has also promised to move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a highly controversial and symbolic move the US Congress supports but every previous US president has avoided actually doing out of concern for the potential impact it could have on the future of the peace process.

Trump even invited three prominent leaders of Israel’s settler movement to his inauguration ceremony and ball — a highly symbolic gesture meant to send a clear signal that he’s serious about his stance on Israel, and that things really are going to change under his administration.

Sunday’s announcements on new settlement construction in East Jerusalem suggest that his message has come through loud and clear.

When will this piece of shit country FINALLY be stopped?! :noway:

Tina تينا
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 12:28 pm

Netanyahu needs to FUCK OFF already. Our government needs to stop interfering with their affairs to this extent, but the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (or AIPAC) is one of the largest lobbying groups in the US (second largest, I believe).
:heart: avi made by dinvy :heart:

Crystal Whore r e p
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 1:42 pm

:noway:

Terrible.

I heard Obama signed off a few hundred million dollars towards the Palestinians before he left though.

Angela Merkel G.O.A.T.
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 2:16 pm

Am so disgusted by that country negl.
They're getting away with EVERYTHING they do cause of their history. If you do say something you're being labeled an antisemite which is crazy. Being against Israels politics doesn't make you an antisemite :noway:

Crystal Whore r e p
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Angela Merkel wrote:Am so disgusted by that country negl.
They're getting away with EVERYTHING they do cause of their history. If you do say something you're being labeled an antisemite which is crazy. Being against Israels politics doesn't make you an antisemite :noway:
Yeah exactly, it makes you an anti-Zionist.
People always conflate the two matters. 

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 3:38 pm

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 4:24 pm

Miguel wrote:
I read it earlier.. damn.
I have a bestfriend who's in the science community. She's extremely smart, all AP classes since JHS, went to a great university in NYC and got accepted into an advanced placement program. Went to Russia for a couple weeks to study chemistry and even got offered an internship at NASA in Texas.

She's a born and raised die hard Republican though, and I'm always so conflicted as to why she supports candidates who are anti-science. And now we're not talking as much because she knows how I feel about Trump.

This election has been such a test of so many relationships.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 4:26 pm

She's also a teacher now and she supports Betsy Devos :awk:

HeX MΔR∇ΣL
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 4:28 pm

PennyRae wrote:
Miguel wrote:
I have a bestfriend who's in the science community. She's extremely smart, all AP classes since JHS, went to a great university in NYC and got accepted into an advanced placement program. Went to Russia for a couple weeks to study chemistry and even got offered an internship at NASA in Texas.

She's a born and raised die hard Republican though, and I'm always so conflicted as to why she supports candidates who are anti-science. And now we're not talking as much because she knows how I feel about Trump.

Fuck her

Mal
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 4:29 pm

PennyRae wrote:
Miguel wrote:

This is so sad. I mean, politics should never ruin friendships. Does she really support Trump tho, all the way?
👄👄👄

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

Anti-reason, anti-science, anti-conscience, anti-planned parenthood, anti-human rights and the list goes on and on... It's only the 1st week of Donald and he's already strangling important programs. :noway:

Tina تينا
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

PennyRae wrote:

She's a born and raised die hard Republican though, and I'm always so conflicted as to why she supports candidates who are anti-science. And now we're not talking as much because she knows how I feels about Trump.

My background is in applied math and stats. I can tell you that all my friends in my field and other hard sciences are all conservative. In fact, there's a study that shows you're more likely to be conservative if you study a hard science and more liberal if you study the social sciences or humanities.

However, Republican =/= conservative, but conservatives are more likely to be Republican, which is why your friend probably supports them.

Angela Merkel G.O.A.T.
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 4:34 pm

Crystal Whore wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:Am so disgusted by that country negl.
Yeah exactly, it makes you an anti-Zionist.
People always conflate the two matters. 
Which is exactly what is on their agenda.
There's no anti-zionism to them. Only antisemitism.

Personally would feel ashamed as Israeli
Their politics ain't any different than what's been done to their ancestors and they just blindly accept it. :noway:

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 4:38 pm

Tina wrote:
PennyRae wrote:

She's a born and raised die hard Republican though, and I'm always so conflicted as to why she supports candidates who are anti-science. And now we're not talking as much because she knows how I feels about Trump.

My background is in applied math and stats. I can tell you that all my friends in my field and other hard sciences are all conservative. In fact, there's a study that shows you're more likely to be conservative if you study a hard science and more liberal if you study the social sciences or humanities.

However, Republican =/= conservative, but conservatives are more likely to be Republican, which is why your friend probably supports them.
I always have convo's with her. She doesn't believe in creationism, she believes in global warming, she's obsessed with space exploration, she loves Neil DeGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye, she's just a general huge science nerd. We used to go to the natural history museum all the time.

Side note, I hate math :funny: my worst subject. I've always been an English/Science/Arts person.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Maleficent wrote:
PennyRae wrote:

This is so sad. I mean, politics should never ruin friendships. Does she really support Trump tho, all the way?
Fully supports him.

It's funny cause way back in fall of 2015 I remember talking to her about how much of a trash candidate Trump was and she agreed and was even going in on how much she hates him, "brings the racists out of the woodwork" and said he's "destroying is the Republican Party" etc.

I think she was originally a Ted Cruz supporter or something, which is a different story :rip:

Tina تينا
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 5:11 pm

PennyRae wrote:
Tina wrote: My background is in applied math and stats. I can tell you that all my friends in my field and other hard sciences are all conservative. In fact, there's a study that shows you're more likely to be conservative if you study a hard science and more liberal if you study the social sciences or humanities.

I always have convo's with her. She doesn't believe in creationism, she believes in global warming, she's obsessed with space exploration, she loves Neil DeGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye, she's just a general huge science nerd. We used to go to the natural history museum all the time.

Side note, I hate math :funny: my worst subject. I've always been an English/Science/Arts person.
It's just unfortunate that politics gets in the way of friendship. I have a friend who supported Hillary and we always had civil conversations about the election, but I got a little too blunt once and I could tell it made him uncomfortable, so I never brought up politics again :rip: it's a balancing act with friends. Some thrive off debating (me!), but others are more sensitive, so you have to know when it might compromise your friendship and back off.

My advice is to ask your friend a bunch of questions instead of intensely disagreeing with her. Get a better idea of her thoughts.

Also, I'm no math genius :laugh: but it made me a smarter thinker by challenging myself.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 5:35 pm

Tina wrote:
PennyRae wrote:

It's just unfortunate that politics gets in the way of friendship. I have a friend who supported Hillary and we always had civil conversations about the election, but I got a little too blunt once and I could tell it made him uncomfortable, so I never brought up politics again :rip: it's a balancing act with friends. Some thrive off debating (me!), but others are more sensitive, so you have to know when it might compromise your friendship and back off.

My advice is to ask your friend a bunch of questions instead of intensely disagreeing with her. Get a better idea of her thoughts.

Also, I'm no math genius :laugh: but it made me a smarter thinker by challenging myself.
Going to the mall rn, I'll reply when I get back :laugh: 

kunst
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 24th, 2017, 7:14 pm

LIVING for the national park service tweets! love it.

as a huge proponent for the NPS this makes me so happy.