The Official POLITICS Thread.

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Elrond
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 1:41 pm

PennyRae wrote:
Elrond wrote:isn't her brother the one who died in that mysterious plane crash right before he was about to run against Hillary for that NY senate seat?
http://www.snopes.com/jfk-senate-frontrunner/
well he never got a chance to announce anything, but i believe his friends who said he was planning on it. Not that it had anything to do with Hillary, but Snopes is not the end all be all of what's true or not anyway

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 1:46 pm

Elrond wrote:
well he never got a chance to announce anything, but i believe his friends who said he was planning on it. Not that it had anything to do with Hillary, but Snopes is not the end all be all of what's true or not anyway
Wasn't posting it as an end all, sis. Personally I didn't know much about that senate run, partially because I was like 5 at the time and it hasn't been relevant :funny: so I googled it and posted what I found for context. 

I do trust Snopes to an extent though. 

Elrond
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 1:53 pm

PennyRae wrote:
Elrond wrote: well he never got a chance to announce anything, but i believe his friends who said he was planning on it. Not that it had anything to do with Hillary, but Snopes is not the end all be all of what's true or not anyway
Wasn't posting it as an end all, sis. Personally I didn't know much about that senate run, partially because I was like 5 at the time and it hasn't been relevant :funny: so I googled it and posted what I found for context. 

a friend of mine was ranting against Hillary and brought this up, like she damaged the plane herself, i was like...ok then

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:00 pm

Elrond wrote:
PennyRae wrote: Wasn't posting it as an end all, sis. Personally I didn't know much about that senate run, partially because I was like 5 at the time and it hasn't been relevant :funny: so I googled it and posted what I found for context. 

a friend of mine was ranting against Hillary and brought this up, like she damaged the plane herself, i was like...ok then
:rip:
People need to relax with a lot of these conspiracy theories. That's how pizzagate happened and almost literally got innocent people killed when a nut job went to "investigate" 

Cashmere
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:04 pm

Hope Hillary runs again :tellmemore:
this ain't for the best, my reputation has never been worse / so he must like me for me / we can't make any promises, now can we babe / but you can make me a drink

Angela Merkel G.O.A.T.
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:08 pm

Why is it always the same families running for president tho? :awk: #monarchy #AllRelatedToEachOther
Last edited by Angela Merkel G.O.A.T. on January 23rd, 2017, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kunst
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:08 pm

Cashmere wrote:Hope Hillary runs again :tellmemore:
So she can lose again and we're stuck with Trump another 4 years? Passssss.

NIGHTMARE ⬆️
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:09 pm

I like Hillary and I was rooting for her to win but she really needs to just have a seat and not run again. It's not in the cards for you girl. Just accept it.

You'll still be remembered for paving the way for whoever becomes the first female president.

Tina تينا
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:13 pm

Delete your account
:heart: avi made by dinvy :heart:

Tina تينا
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:15 pm

This is four years away and she's "considering" it :rip: this shouldn't qualify as news

Cashmere
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:16 pm

Hillary's already exploring her new political options according to reports. Queen of never giving up.
this ain't for the best, my reputation has never been worse / so he must like me for me / we can't make any promises, now can we babe / but you can make me a drink

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:24 pm

Cashmere wrote:Hillary's already exploring her new political options according to reports. Queen of never giving up.
There are whispers she may run for mayor of NYC or Governor of NY, but that's nothing like the presidential race. 

I agree with Nightmerge though. I like Hillary, I voted for her and supported her, but I think it's wise for her to just let the dream go. She came close but it will be another woman who will have her portrait hanging next to the past presidents. This last run really did a lot of damage. 

NIGHTMARE ⬆️
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:26 pm

Tina wrote:This is four years away and she's "considering" it :rip: this shouldn't qualify as news
You must've missed the part where she's running for Senate in 2018. That is news.

Tina تينا
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:29 pm

NIGHTMARE© wrote:
Tina wrote:This is four years away and she's "considering" it :rip: this shouldn't qualify as news
You must've missed the part where she's running for Senate in 2018. That is news.
I must've missed it because the title of your thread only makes mention of her supposedly running for the presidency in four years.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 2:30 pm

Question for those who know more: isn't it kinda useless to run for senate if you potentially plan on running for president 2 years later? I mean most people start their campaign almost 2 years before the election so wouldn't a majority of her time be spent after she wins the senate race on the presidential race? Assuming she wins the senate race.

NIGHTMARE ⬆️
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 3:41 pm

Tina wrote:
NIGHTMARE© wrote: You must've missed the part where she's running for Senate in 2018. That is news.
I must've missed it because the title of your thread only makes mention of her supposedly running for the presidency in four years.
That's why you read my post sis. ;)

Angela Merkel G.O.A.T.
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 4:25 pm

Angela Merkel wrote:Why is it always the same families running for president tho? :awk: #monarchy #AllRelatedToEachOther
So no one's gonna answer my question?

kunst
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 4:32 pm

Angela Merkel wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:Why is it always the same families running for president tho? :awk: #monarchy #AllRelatedToEachOther
How does one answer that? Clearly you have an opinion in mind already so go with that.

Angela Merkel G.O.A.T.
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 4:42 pm

kunst wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:
How does one answer that? Clearly you have an opinion in mind already so go with that.
Nope. Am seriously wondering.
Come on I can't be the only one :awk:

kunst
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 4:50 pm

Angela Merkel wrote:
kunst wrote:
I mean it's nothing new and goes back to the Adams maybe? I'm not a fan of it as well but the truth is money is power and that's who we get stuck with... look at our two choices from 2016. Money got them there.

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 5:04 pm

She's 59-years old now, she'd only be 63 in 2020.

It would be suitable age. I don't really know anything about her politically, but as Donald is POTUS, she can't be worse..
"Christina Aguilera is my favorite drag queen in the world" - Farrah Moan

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 5:08 pm

Angela Merkel wrote: Nope. Am seriously wondering.
In my view, USA is not very flexible as far as mobility from lower socioeconomic class to higher ones?

Ergo, families who already have power and money, and connections, all that cumulates throughout generations, which means they're more likely to run for high offices, such as POTUS. Thus, the multiply of Clinton, Bush, Kennedy etc.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 5:34 pm

kunst wrote:
Angela Merkel wrote:
I mean it's nothing new and goes back to the Adams  maybe? I'm not a fan of it as well but the truth is money is power and that's who we get stuck with... look at our two choices from 2016. Money got them there.
That, and it's just 100x easier when your family is already in government. Gives you a basic foundation to run and supporters who already back your family. Like I'm sure Bush 41 and Bush 43 supporters were the first to support Jeb! when he announced his bid. 

DNNY
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 5:47 pm

It's too soon imo.

I'd love to see Liz Warren taking over the white house tho :love:

As for Hillary, I love her, but it was a very debilitating campaign, and while I'd love her to see her hustling till she makes it, I just don't see it in the future... She's already an icon in politics and has the popular vote to brag about...
Madonna / Beyoncé / Róisín Murphy /Grimes / St. Vincent / Years & Years / Arcade Fire/ Björk / Florence + the Machine/ twenty one pilots/ Halsey / Queens of the Stone Age / Christina Aguilera

AintNoOtherMe
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 6:37 pm

Ciara 2020

aiden
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 6:49 pm

why not? there is no law that says this is illegal or unethical. youre trying too hard here, people have the choice to support them or not

StopIt!
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

Norgito wrote:RIP
:rip:
I think the new Senator from California, the black asian will run, Cory Booker will run, and hopefully someone else who is hot :susp:

aiden
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

why not? there is no law that says this is illegal or unethical. youre trying too hard here, people have the choice to support them or not

Angela Merkel G.O.A.T.
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 6:54 pm

aiden wrote:
If that's what real democracy is to you sis am fine

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 23rd, 2017, 7:01 pm

Women's March turnout was apparently nearly 5 million worldwide :eek:

Organizers said they drew nearly 5 million protesters in all, far surpassing crowd expectations.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... SKBN15608K
Last edited by Raven on January 23rd, 2017, 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.