The Official POLITICS Thread.

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
jorge.
Admin @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 4:04 pm

[center]Image[/center]

[center]"Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it."[/center]
[center]Albert Einsten[/center]

This is our political thread. 

In here, you may discuss any and all political situations, events, moments, laws, or elections. 

Talk about those who are disenfranchised, those who are coming to power, those whom you wish were leaving power. 

This is a world thread. It's not US-only, and so I welcome you all to share from your own personal views and position around the world. We are from all over, and it merits discussing everything from all over, not just the US. 

It's on you to be informed. When you are, keep us informed as well. 
See, I've been having me a real good time
And it feels so nice to know I'm gonna be alright
So please don't take my feelings...

Crystal
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 4:06 pm

ELECTORAL COLLEGE NEEDS TO VOTE FOR HILLARY

Tina ♕♛
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 4:16 pm

For the people scared of Trump, I thought this video was encouraging. I don't believe he believes in half of what he says.

:heart: avi made by dinvy :heart:

kunst
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 4:18 pm

Super proud of my Portland people. for the first time an incumbent for city council was ousted by a small business owner with zero political experience. Our city council has been made up of all wealthy west side residents. We finally have representation from an East side renter. She only won 15% of vote in May during primaries and forced her way into the general election.

It's truly the same movement that propelled Trump to win, but she's the complete opposite of Trump.

2016 elections have truly been about change and this was just one more example.

Death & Decay VIRGO
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 4:24 pm

I hate Trump.

Mal
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 4:27 pm

I am kinda afraid how this Trump win and the last few years of the right and far-right movements strenghtening will explode on us. I am sure that when the 2018 elections will be held in Hungary, the right-side political group will gain so much strength.
👄👄👄

Enter The Circus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:01 pm

So how do Trump supporters feel about him claiming he was going to "drain the swamp" in Washington and so far all of his people in his administration are going to be lobbyists and GOP establishment? :fan:

Crystal
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Maleficent wrote:I am kinda afraid how this Trump win and the last few years of the right and far-right movements strenghtening will explode on us. I am sure that when the 2018 elections will be held in Hungary, the right-side political group will gain so much strength.
Marine Le Pen will end up becoming PM of France too now :noway: Too much far right extremism in Europe

frida
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:17 pm

We have a far-right party in Sweden that has nazi influences, the Sweden democrats, that is currently the 3rd largest one and is increasing in popularity with like every poll. They've only been in our Parliament since 2010, and it's so scary how much they've grown since. And due to the US election results, I'm terrified that they'll only gain more popularity when people see that it's "OK" to be xenophobic and misogynistic. It's already pretty tense due to the huge wave of Syrian refugees that we've "let in" since last fall. It's safe to say that I don't look forward to our 2018 elections...

Mal
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:20 pm

👄👄👄

Death & Decay VIRGO
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:22 pm

But it's a disaster! He knows it, you know it, we all know it.  :roll:

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:31 pm

frida wrote:We have a far-right party in Sweden that has nazi influences, the Sweden democrats, that is currently the 3rd largest one and is increasing in popularity with like every poll. They've only been in our Parliament since 2010, and it's so scary how much they've grown since. And due to the US election results, I'm terrified that they'll only gain more popularity when people see that it's "OK" to be xenophobic and misogynistic. It's already pretty tense due to the huge wave of Syrian refugees that we've "let in" since last fall. It's safe to say that I don't look forward to our 2018 elections...
The far-right movement that's sweeping the world is sickening.

Enter The Circus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:31 pm

frida wrote:We have a far-right party in Sweden that has nazi influences, the Sweden democrats, that is currently the 3rd largest one and is increasing in popularity with like every poll. They've only been in our Parliament since 2010, and it's so scary how much they've grown since. And due to the US election results, I'm terrified that they'll only gain more popularity when people see that it's "OK" to be xenophobic and misogynistic. It's already pretty tense due to the huge wave of Syrian refugees that we've "let in" since last fall. It's safe to say that I don't look forward to our 2018 elections...
That's so sad....I think of Sweden as being one of the great examples of liberalism.  I'm so sorry this country's choice in leader is going to have a negative effect on you guys. :noway:

Enter The Circus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:32 pm

Go look at the Donald Trump reddit page.  They're all losing it.  Hope they realize they've been conned :roll:

kunst
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Enter The Circus wrote:So how do Trump supporters feel about him claiming he was going to "drain the swamp" in Washington and so far all of his people in his administration are going to be lobbyists and GOP establishment? :fan:
I know. I've been lol'ing so hard over this.

Allure
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:39 pm

so something that I haven't heard a lot about is the scandal in South Korea @dinvy. 

store developing...
We both can seduce but darling, you hold me prisoner...

kunst
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Did y'all see Maryland just signed into law changes in how they will now award electoral college votes based on the popular vote?!

Yes!

Tina ♕♛
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:41 pm

This is a good sign. A lot of people were afraid he'd be too uncompromising. I'm sure this topic was brought up in his conversation with Obama.

Although, this doesn't surprise me. He's said in the past he supports universal health care, but the Affordable Care Act doesn't do enough to ensure quality or control for costs.

Tina ♕♛
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:43 pm

Ironically, a lot of the supporters for Sweden Democrats are Assyrian/Syriacs.

Allure
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:48 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2016/n ... i-soon-sil

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/02/asia/sout ... explained/
What is going on in South Korea?
South Korea’s president, Park Geun-hye is confronting the most damaging political crisis of her four-year presidency. At the centre of the growing scandal is Park’s relationship with Choi Soon-sil, a close friend of 40 years who is being investigated on suspicion of exerting undue influence on the 64-year-old president.
Choi, who befriended Park after the president’s father, Park Chung-hee, was assassinated in 1979, has also been accused of using their friendship for personal financial gain. Money scandals involving relatives of South Korean leaders are nothing new, but many are struggling to understand how Park has benefited from bringing Choi, to whom she is not related, into the heart of state affairs, from checking advance copies of speeches to selecting her wardrobe for public appearances.
According to some media reports, Choi also acts as Park’s close spiritual adviser
basically the president has been under the control of a cult leader. All aspects of the presidency have gone through this cult leader, Choi. Makes you wonder how many other key figures are under the control of secret cults or societies.
We both can seduce but darling, you hold me prisoner...

SanelyInsane
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 5:55 pm

Tina wrote:For the people scared of Trump, I thought this video was encouraging. I don't believe he believes in half of what he says.

He is not so much the problem as much as his supporters are. Just because he might not deliver on all of the promises he made to his supporters does not mean his supporters will all of a sudden become nice people.

Have you not seen all the hate slurs/bullying on his behalf that has been going on since he won the election?

SanelyInsane
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 6:00 pm

kunst wrote:Did y'all see Maryland just signed into law changes in how they will now award electoral college votes based on the popular vote?!

Yes!
I'm interested to see how they will do this. Whatever the case is, something needs to be done with our Electoral College. It might've worked when our Founding Fathers thought of it but not now. You cannot keep ignoring a big chunk of the votes.

jorge.
Admin @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 6:13 pm

Considering they cannot repeal the entire bill without a super majority, I expect them to do away with the requirement that you have to buy it or incur a tax penalty, which will gut the law even if, on paper, it's still standing.

They will keep the preexistent conditions requirements, as well as the ability to stay on your parents insurance until you're 26.

Basically, they'll get rid of the unpopular bits and keep the bits that the people overwhelmingly approve. There are serious problems with that approach, but I eagerly await their "solution".
See, I've been having me a real good time
And it feels so nice to know I'm gonna be alright
So please don't take my feelings...

Enter The Circus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 6:15 pm

jorge. wrote:
Considering they cannot repeal the entire bill without a super majority, I expect them to do away with the requirement that you have to buy it or incur a tax penalty, which will gut the law even if, on paper, it's still standing.

They will keep the preexistent conditions requirements, as well as the ability to stay on your parents insurance until you're 26.

Basically, they'll get rid of the unpopular bits and keep the bits that the people overwhelmingly approve. There are serious problems with that approach, but I eagerly await their "solution".
Sis...their solution is Americans creating a "health savings account"  :awk:

Enter The Circus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 6:16 pm

SanelyInsane wrote:
kunst wrote:Did y'all see Maryland just signed into law changes in how they will now award electoral college votes based on the popular vote?!

Yes!
I'm interested to see how they will do this. Whatever the case is, something needs to be done with our Electoral College. It might've worked when our Founding Fathers thought of it but not now. You cannot keep ignoring a big chunk of the votes.
Hillary is officially up by millions of votes now. :noway:

SanelyInsane
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 6:19 pm

Enter The Circus wrote:
SanelyInsane wrote: I'm interested to see how they will do this. Whatever the case is, something needs to be done with our Electoral College. It might've worked when our Founding Fathers thought of it but not now. You cannot keep ignoring a big chunk of the votes.
Hillary is officially up by millions of votes now. :noway:
...and yet all these Trump supporters are still wondering why people are protesting. :awk:

Enter The Circus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 6:35 pm

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 6:43 pm

kunst wrote:
Enter The Circus wrote:So how do Trump supporters feel about him claiming he was going to "drain the swamp" in Washington and so far all of his people in his administration are going to be lobbyists and GOP establishment? :fan:
I know. I've been lol'ing so hard over this.
How about the fact that he spent a large portion of his campaign saying Hillary hasn't done anything for this country for 30 years and literally the night he wins the election he praises her for all the hard work she's done for the country :rip:

Also HIGHLY doubt he'll try to lock her up.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 6:47 pm

Can y'all keep a list of all his backtracking and hypocrisy? All those false promises :rip:

frida
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

November 11th, 2016, 6:49 pm

Tina wrote:
Ironically, a lot of the supporters for Sweden Democrats are Assyrian/Syriacs.
Do you have sources for that? That is News to me :(