The Official #Change Project Thread - Video OUT NOW - TWEET AND SPREAD THE WORD!!

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 5:01 pm

To the rest of you guys @Project Change, @Death & Decay, @XtinaIsMyLifeAndSoul, @Angela Merkel, @Blue_Lake, @LittleMonkey, @Maleficent, @FreeakdioN thank you! :nod:
 I'm glad you guys liked it. :love:
George
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 5:02 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
George wrote:I don't think you should include the photos of the victims if you want this acknowledged or tweeted by Christina. She has been keeping a respectful distance. And I think this video needs to as well. It is obvious what this concept means.

I know that image is nicely done and tasteful, but at the end of the day... this is a music video and do you have approval from all of the victims families to use their likeness in a Christina Aguilera music video?
Again, just because Christina didn't acknowledge the CNN video doesn't mean she disapproves of their photos being shown. 
And the photo isn't disrespecting the victims but honoring them.
I'm not suggesting she would disapprove, simply that she is less likely to endorse something that could be seen as intrusive.
Last edited by George on June 23rd, 2016, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 5:05 pm

Blue_Lake wrote:
George wrote: True. I just feel it's more likely Christina and her team will embrace the video if it is fans showing love, and not a direct memorial type of video using photos. 
It's gonna be a collage of the victims at the very end of the video. Like a short and sweet tribute to them. The main focus will be the fans and the message. It should be fine.
okay! i can't wait to see the video!
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 8:26 am

I still have no idea on where I stand with including Hudson's collage...yall both made very good points.
Drunken_Ballerina
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 1:07 pm

I agree it seems a bit intrusive to include the victims images, CNN must have gotten expressed consent by family to show the images for that collage video.

Let's focus on everybody with us, who is going to work for a #Change. Maybe instead of their pictures, make a mentioning in the end of the video, like, the names of all 49 victims and a "we stand by you, never forget" or something in those lines :)
~•~•~•~•~
Friendship is the most vauable thing you will have in life
But it can't be bought and will cost you time for nurturing conversation.
~•~•~

I do not vote for anybody in SMF. Like, period. So stawp.
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 1:50 pm

The original plan was just to say in loving memory at the end and list their names and then Hudson came along with that gorgeous collage. @Hudson Winters do you think you could rework the collage without the pics? Like something with just the names maybe? I really want you to be able to participate...this seems like a bit of a heated topic. I really don't want ppl to be distracted and focus ONLY on that.
jorge.
K I N G
K I N G
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 3:43 pm

For what it's worth, that beautiful collage @Hudson Winters made could work within the bigger project, by simply showing it as an image at the end. Just for a few seconds. Don't call more attention to it than that and it's a great, loving message.

If the consensus is that their pictures should not be included, then their names would be equally as powerful.
I just kept hoping, I just kept hoping
The way would become clear
I spent all this time tryna play now
I found my way here
See, I've been having me a real hard time

But it feels so nice to know I'm gonna be alright
Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 3:56 pm

I love the collage @Hudson Winters! 

Whatever you gurls decide tho. 
I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-bullshit — Christina Aguilera :suckmydick:
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 4:08 pm

I'm so damn torn that I'm considering just doing two videos...one ending with the names...and one ending with Hudson's collage. Ugh.
Death & Decay VIRGO
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 4:20 pm

What's the issue with using their pictures?
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Death & Decay wrote:What's the issue with using their pictures?
Some members who participated don't think it's a good idea to use them. I had already said we wouldn't so this would basically be going back on my word.
Death & Decay VIRGO
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 4:31 pm

Project Change wrote:
Some members who participated don't think it's a good idea to use them. I had already said we wouldn't so this would basically be going back on my word.
Hmmm. Either way I'm sure the video will be amazing...I just think using their pictures would "humanize" them more than just being a name, but that's just my opinion. Whatever ya'll think is best!
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 4:50 pm

Death & Decay wrote:
Project Change wrote: Some members who participated don't think it's a good idea to use them. I had already said we wouldn't so this would basically be going back on my word.
Hmmm. Either way I'm sure the video will be amazing...I just think using their pictures would "humanize" them more than just being a name, but that's just my opinion. Whatever ya'll think is best!

I told Hudson I will think on it some more tonight. Maybe I'll do a separate collage aside from the video to include the pic.
Jimmyboy Verified
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 4:59 pm

Why not include the pics? It's be an ode to them, a more human rather than just a name.
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 6:05 pm

jorge. wrote:For what it's worth, that beautiful collage @Hudson Winters made could work within the bigger project, by simply showing it as an image at the end. Just for a few seconds. Don't call more attention to it than that and it's a great, loving message.

Raven wrote:I love the collage @Hudson Winters! 

Death & Decay wrote:I just think using their pictures would "humanize" them more than just being a name, but that's just my opinion

Jimmyboy wrote:Why not include the pics? It's be an ode to them, a more human rather than just a name.

Thank you guys and I agree with these sentiments too. The pictures definitely do humanize them more than a name would and the image would just be at the end for a few seconds to deliver a great loving message

Like I told you, @Project Change, I get how it can be important to be a man of your word, but sometimes things happen that change our mind and it's more important to listen to our hearts in those situations than be rigid for the sake of keeping a word. And I know your heart loves the picture.

And at this point, it definitely seems like the overwhelming majority who have commented like the picture too and want to see it included. So its exclusion would be disappointing to a majority too.
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 6:49 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
Thank you guys and I agree with these sentiments too. The pictures definitely do humanize them more than a name would and the image would just be at the end for a few seconds to deliver a great loving message

Like I told you, @Project Change, I get how it can be important to be a man of your word, but sometimes things happen that change our mind and it's more important to listen to our hearts in those situations than be rigid for the sake of keeping a word. And I know your heart loves the picture.

And at this point, it definitely seems like the overwhelming majority who have commented like the picture too and want to see it included. So its exclusion would be disappointing to a majority too.

Well, I've stated that I absolutely love it. I told you that from the very beginning, but I have to correct you on a few things. This isn't all about being rigid for the sake of keeping my word. The agreement to not use the photos was reached in the planning thread and you were in no way involved in those discussions. You're also asking me to disregard the feelings of people who actually submitted their personal photos to this project. @LittleMonkey is running the twitter account, and apparently people have strong opinions about using the faces there, as well. It would be very easy for me to just use it, but that's not how I want to do things. I want everyone to feel good about what we are doing. I don't think it's fair to disregard a percentage of people who have their faces involved in this. What you created is absolutely amazing, but it isn't what the project called for. I'm still not saying it won't be used, I'm just hoping you can at least understand that this isn't an easy decision for quite a few reasons. I can't only think about me here, I have to consider everyone.
LittleMonkey
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 7:39 pm

Project Change wrote:
Hudson Winters wrote:

Well, I've stated that I absolutely love it. I told you that from the very beginning, but I have to correct you on a few things. This isn't all about being rigid for the sake of keeping my word. The agreement to not use the photos was reached in the planning thread and you were in no way involved in those discussions. You're also asking me to disregard the feelings of people who actually submitted their personal photos to this project. @LittleMonkey is running the twitter account, and apparently people have strong opinions about using the faces there, as well. It would be very easy for me to just use it, but that's not how I want to do things. I want everyone to feel good about what we are doing. I don't think it's fair to disregard a percentage of people who have their faces involved in this. What you created is absolutely amazing, but it isn't what the project called for. I'm still not saying it won't be used, I'm just hoping you can at least understand that this isn't an easy decision for quite a few reasons. I can't only think about me here, I have to consider everyone.
If it helps, although his opinions were very strong and he was quite adamant, it was only one guy who specifically brought up the faces.

@Project Change What you're doing here is so amazing, please don't let all of us get into your and ruin the entire project for yourself.
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 24th, 2016, 7:55 pm

Project Change wrote:
Hudson Winters wrote:

Like I mentioned to you before, I wasn't sure on what to do for this project, so I didn't want to voice my opinion in those earlier discussions and then be unable to deliver something.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say I'm asking you to disregard the feelings of those who submitted personal pictures? Some who have submitted personal pictures seem to favor this picture while others who submitted personal pictures oppose it. Unless I totally misunderstood what you meant here.

I know what I submitted is a little different, but it did evolve from what was mentioned to do of a current picture, a childhood picture, or holding up a piece of paper. And I decided to do the piece of paper option. But then I ended up with three pieces of paper and thought it would make more sense to photograph those papers together on a surface than awkwardly trying to hold them up.

I understand it's not an easy decision and that you have to consider everyone. I do hope everyone can feel good about this in the end too.
Drunken_Ballerina
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 25th, 2016, 6:23 am

Expressed consent from the families to freely use the images is what I think of.

It's beautiful and with all good intentions so it shouldn't be a problem and the chance of it being misinterpreted is small, but since it's a delicate situation and we have no idea what the families wishes are it could be considered intrusive if someone close to the affected is in a bad place in the aftermaths of this tragedy. These are lives being turned upside down after losing their child, mother, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, father...

If all families had expressed consent to use their images in tributes, etc. then I'd be more at peace with the idea.
~•~•~•~•~
~•~•~

jorge.
K I N G
K I N G
Reactions:

June 25th, 2016, 10:58 am

Guys, I think at this point the argument both for and against has been made, so there's no need to continue that discussion. Decision is in BYC's hands.
I just kept hoping, I just kept hoping
The way would become clear
I spent all this time tryna play now
I found my way here
See, I've been having me a real hard time

But it feels so nice to know I'm gonna be alright
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 25th, 2016, 12:51 pm

Why didnt yall tell Queen to add an extra minute to this song!? I'm pulling my hair out(that I dont have) over here trying to work with this 3 minutes lmao. :noway: :funny:
Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 26th, 2016, 10:18 am

Is the video ready yet? @Project Change

I want to see! 
I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-bullshit — Christina Aguilera :suckmydick:
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 26th, 2016, 10:33 am

Raven wrote:Is the video ready yet? @Project Change

I want to see! 
Not yet Raven! Its coming along, though. The earliest I will get it out is Tuesday...I will be out of town for the next few days. Its coming, I promise.
Drunken_Ballerina
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 26th, 2016, 1:41 pm

Im so excited to see the end result :love:

We should've tweeted X to belt an extra minute on her live performance so we could've used that ;)
~•~•~•~•~
~•~•~

ILUVXTINA
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 26th, 2016, 5:46 pm

Project Change wrote:

I want to see! 
Not yet Raven! Its coming along, though. The earliest I will get it out is Tuesday...I will be out of town for the next few days. Its coming, I promise.
sis, just use the infamous "soon soon' if anybody asks. lol.... queen would be proud. So excited to see it too  :slutdrop_cat:
Avi by Jorge :love:
Melissa
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 27th, 2016, 10:22 pm

Looking forward to seeing the finale thing! 
Lord
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 28th, 2016, 9:59 am

Project Change wrote:

I want to see! 
Giving me 2016tina teas :funny: :rip:
Xtina: Ready for #LiberationTour?
Me: WE ARE!! ARE YOU??
Xtina: 😝😎🧐🤔🙅GAME FACE- ON.

https://image.ibb.co/iMoEFp/IMG_3054.png
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmevtz4lSuc/
Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 28th, 2016, 11:25 am

hopefully soon soon

cant wait
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 28th, 2016, 5:53 pm

Lord wrote:
Project Change wrote: Not yet Raven! Its coming along, though. The earliest I will get it out is Tuesday...I will be out of town for the next few days. Its coming, I promise.
Giving me 2016tina teas :funny: :rip:
:rip: Exactly who and what I had in mind when I typed it LMAO.
VenusAsABoy
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 29th, 2016, 1:50 pm

eager to see this ! good luck  BYC ! :kiss: