The Official #Change Project Thread - Video OUT NOW - TWEET AND SPREAD THE WORD!!

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 12:25 pm

Angela Merkel wrote:Well we could send the video over to Etienne first, make sure Christina sees it and (hopefully) uploads it on her own channel or at least posts about it. That way it wouldn't get deleted for sure.
I'm in! @Project Change if you all need me to tweet to Etienne or someone else, I can. 
I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-bullshit — Christina Aguilera :suckmydick:
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 12:25 pm

Project Change wrote:Okay so we had decided to not include the victims faces but Hudson winters just submitted a really beautiful picture with a collage of the victims and grimmie..a sign with change and a lyric from the song. Hopefully Hudson will post in the thread. We had originally said we put in loving memory and include their names but I could put this at the end of the video. Thoughts sisters?
Maybe we can have both? With my picture at the end, pausing on it maybe as the music ends, and then fading to the names of the victims and Grimmie?
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 12:34 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
Project Change wrote:Okay so we had decided to not include the victims faces but Hudson winters just submitted a really beautiful picture with a collage of the victims and grimmie..a sign with change and a lyric from the song. Hopefully Hudson will post in the thread. We had originally said we put in loving memory and include their names but I could put this at the end of the video. Thoughts sisters?
Maybe we can have both? With my picture at the end, pausing on it maybe as the music ends, and then fading to the names of the victims and Grimmie?
That may work. Everyone's issue was that Christina never shared or acknowledged the CNN tribute put to her song, so some members were thinking maybe she didn't like the victims being shown and wanted the idea axed.
Angela Merkel ♥♣♦♠
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 1:08 pm

Check your inbox @project change

Changed it for you. Hope it looks better now :)
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 1:12 pm

Angela Merkel wrote:Check your inbox @project change

Changed it for you. Hope it looks better now :)
:kiss:
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 1:17 pm

Project Change wrote:
Hudson Winters wrote: Maybe we can have both? With my picture at the end, pausing on it maybe as the music ends, and then fading to the names of the victims and Grimmie?
That may work. Everyone's issue was that Christina never shared or acknowledged the CNN tribute put to her song, so some members were thinking maybe she didn't like the victims being shown and wanted the idea axed.
I'm surprised they would think Christina feels that way. She isn't the type to tweet about everything and her lack of acknowledgment shouldn't necessarily mean disapproval

And I think for CNN to use Change, they need permission from the songwriters and she's one of them.
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 1:20 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
Project Change wrote:
I'm surprised they would think Christina feels that way. She isn't the type to tweet about everything and her lack of acknowledgment shouldn't necessarily mean disapproval

And I think for CNN to use Change, they need permission from the songwriters and she's one of them.
I really don't have a preference tbh. I'm just the guy in the middle hoping everyone can come to some agreement lol.
LittleMonkey
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 1:24 pm

I had a fan on twitter tell me, in broken english, that if I post the victims faces then I am inhuman. I think if its tastefully done then it wont be an issue, I just don't want anyone to feel offended, ya know?
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 1:30 pm

LittleMonkey wrote:

I had a fan on twitter tell me, in broken english, that if I post the victims faces then I am inhuman. I think if its tastefully done then it wont be an issue, I just don't want anyone to feel offended, ya know?
Yikes!that's my worry...some ppl feel very strongly about it and I don't want anyone offended. I do think what Hudson did was very tasteful though, but that won't matter for some.
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 1:44 pm

LittleMonkey wrote:

Inhuman? People have always done tributes to those who have passed with their pictures set to music. This wouldn't be a full montage of all the victims throughout like the CNN montage though. Just one picture at the end.
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 1:46 pm

Hudson I know you have a little more work to do but post the pic here in the thread so they can see it. I think it's beautiful.
Death & Decay VIRGO
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 1:57 pm

A collage of victims at the end would be so wonderful.
LittleMonkey
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 2:04 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
LittleMonkey wrote:

Inhuman? People have always done tributes to those who have passed with their pictures set to music. This wouldn't be a full montage of all the victims throughout like the CNN montage though. Just one picture at the end.
No I know, i'm just relaying what one person had said to me, he's not the majority though and I know you'd never make something insenstive
Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 2:13 pm

LittleMonkey wrote:
Hudson Winters wrote:
No I know, i'm just relaying what one person had said to me, he's not the majority though and I know you'd never make something insenstive
Can we see the pic?
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 2:18 pm

Blue_Lake wrote:
LittleMonkey wrote: No I know, i'm just relaying what one person had said to me, he's not the majority though and I know you'd never make something insenstive
Can we see the pic?
Yes, here it is. The final picture will be a little different though.

Death & Decay VIRGO
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 2:24 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
Blue_Lake wrote: Can we see the pic?

Oh I love it! Good job!
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 2:24 pm

So gorgeous tbh!
XtinaIsMyLifeAndSoul
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 2:25 pm

Wow that is so amazing @Hudson Winters
After seeing that, i vote on including it :D
Project Change
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 2:29 pm

That's why I wanted yall to see it before judging. I think it's very tastefully done.
Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 2:34 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:

http://res.cloudinary.com/dyvaxnzdg/ima ... ebhm5h.jpg
Thanks! This is already making me emotional just looking at it. Good job sis.
I see this pic showing when Christina sings the last 2 lines of the song (When I was young I would look in the mirror / Didn't see it then but now it couldn't be clearer). Then leave it there for a few seconds to emphasize the message. If you like this idea, maybe it would make more sense to take out the "And" from the quote on the pic. From the outside, the "and" doesn't really make sense, you know what I mean?
Angela Merkel ♥♣♦♠
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 2:46 pm

Great job Hudson! It's beautiful!
LittleMonkey
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 2:47 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:

Aw, love it! I vote yes on including it too!

the little polar bear too :D
Mal
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 3:37 pm

thats beautiful! :cry:
Know first who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.
FreeakdioN
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 3:45 pm

<3
George
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 4:15 pm

I don't think you should include the photos of the victims if you want this acknowledged or tweeted by Christina. She has been keeping a respectful distance. And I think this video needs to as well. It is obvious what this concept means.

I know that image is nicely done and tasteful, but at the end of the day... this is a music video and do you have approval from all of the victims families to use their likeness in a Christina Aguilera music video?
George
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 4:20 pm

Those photos were probably saved from their Facebook pages and have already been shared all over the world.

This beautiful and meaningful song doesn't need to do that. Stick with the concept you guys have. Honour the victims while respecting the privacy of the victims and their families. Just my opinion.
Last edited by George on June 23rd, 2016, 4:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 4:23 pm

George wrote:I don't think you should include the photos of the victims if you want this acknowledged or tweeted by Christina. She has been keeping a respectful distance. And I think this video needs to as well. It is obvious what this concept means.

I know that image is nicely done and tasteful, but at the end of the day... this is a music video and do you have approval from all of the victims families to use their likeness in a Christina Aguilera music video?
I get your point. It's true, everything is open to interpretation.
But this is not a Christina Aguilera video. It is a fan made video aiming at honoring people, raising awareness and conveying a message of hope.
George
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 4:53 pm

Blue_Lake wrote:
George wrote:I don't think you should include the photos of the victims if you want this acknowledged or tweeted by Christina. She has been keeping a respectful distance. And I think this video needs to as well. It is obvious what this concept means.

I get your point. It's true, everything is open to interpretation.
But this is not a Christina Aguilera video. It is a fan made video aiming at honoring people, raising awareness and conveying a message of hope.
True. I just feel it's more likely Christina and her team will embrace the video if it is fans showing love, and not a direct memorial type of video using photos. 
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 4:55 pm

Again, just because Christina didn't acknowledge the CNN video doesn't mean she disapproves of their photos being shown. 
And the photo isn't disrespecting the victims but honoring them.
Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 23rd, 2016, 4:59 pm

George wrote:
Blue_Lake wrote: I get your point. It's true, everything is open to interpretation.
True. I just feel it's more likely Christina and her team will embrace the video if it is fans showing love, and not a direct memorial type of video using photos. 
It's gonna be a collage of the victims at the very end of the video. Like a short and sweet tribute to them. The main focus will be the fans and the message. It should be fine.