OT: Christina Grimmie passes away after being shot at Orlando concert

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Selig
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 10:47 pm

I Won't Give Up is my favorite song from her. It's better than the original imo. 

RIP, angel. You'll never be forgotten, Legend dedicated a song to you and I'm sure that would've made you extremely happy. :cry: 

Smooth
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 10:53 pm

What the heck? I didn'T realize she was also killed in Orlando.

Lord
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 18th, 2016, 12:49 am

Video of her mother's speech

LORD AROUND THE WORLD
blog | insta

Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 18th, 2016, 12:56 am

Selig wrote: RIP, angel. You'll never be forgotten, Legend dedicated a song to you and I'm sure that would've made you extremely happy. :cry: 
And now I'm crying again.

Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 18th, 2016, 3:52 am

Maleficent wrote:Have you guys seen this? They posted this today.

I cried again. 

[youtube]3290550YVog[/youtube]
ok *sobbing :cry:

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 19th, 2016, 6:08 am

Smooth wrote:What the heck? I didn'T realize she was also killed in Orlando.
Are you serious?? :nc: That's disheartening to hear :nc: 

I know some people were upset with @Sapphire saying her death was overshadowed but it seems like he was onto something.
I saw someone on my timeline that was the same way, she didn't find out Christina had been killed until the other day :nc: because all she heard about was the Pulse shooting.
Even the Orlando Police had to reassure people that they hadn't forgotten Christina's case too and Billboard mentioned the overshadowing too in that article MO posted about artist security being tightened after Christina's death.

It seems like this is the problem the media always has. They never seem to be able to cover more than one big story at a time, and they should be more balanced :noway:

I get how the Pulse shooting would get more coverage, but at the least the media shouldn't exclude Christina from being recognized among the list of those who were lost their lives, murdered from gun violence in Orlando that weekend.
Last edited by Hudson Winters on June 19th, 2016, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 19th, 2016, 6:28 am

I do like what family friend, Maurice LaMarche said about the situation though. He was upset that Christina wasn't mentioned at the Tony Awards with the other victims

But he said maybe it was a silver lining, because the media had been bothering Christina's parents at their house after Christina's murder and after the Pulse shooting, they stopped caring, and it gave the Grimmies more privacy as a result.

But still, he hopes going forward that people don't forget that Christina was a victim in Orlando too.

Anyway, as I tried to watch the Tonys this past Sunday night, I just felt sad. Yes, they all wore silver ribbons. Yes, they talked throughout the show about the 50 people dead from gun violence in Orlando. But I wanted them to acknowledge that our beloved Christina Grimmie was the FIRST Orlando victim. Fifty-ONE people died last weekend, because maniacs can get their hands on any gun they want to in this country! It surprised me all the more, because Christina was one of their own. A performer, a singer, who, at only 22 years old, was gifted with a better voice than probably three-quarters of the people being awarded at The Tonys. Why they would leave her out of their tribute saddened me. 

But as I carry on this week, I realize perhaps it doesn’t matter. The Grimmies need their privacy to mourn, so it may be a silver lining, purchased at terrible cost, that the media focus is off of them. My wife and I shooed off several TV reporters in the early morning hours of Saturday from the Grimmie household’s front door. They have since turned their attention elsewhere. 

Still, as you remember the fallen in Orlando, please don’t exclude Christina. As you take up the cause to get these terrible weapons off the streets and out of the hands of, well, basically anybody, because, really, who in the hell actually needs an AR-15, or a Glock, for their personal use, please don’t exclude Christina. It doesn’t have to be a gay issue, or a celebrity issue, or any issue other than that so many innocent, good, beautiful young people were slaughtered last weekend. Fifty-ONE of them

Melissa
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 19th, 2016, 3:49 pm

I knew of her, but never listened to her music.....I did today and wow, she was very talented. Obviously Christina Aguilera influenced. So sad. :(

BionicPrince
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 19th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Just saw this video of her today, she mentioned Xtina here too @1:40. She was such a huge stan. :( 

[youtube]qfB5A06Pes8[/youtube]

She was so full of love, energy and kindness. 

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 19th, 2016, 5:10 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:I think it's a testament to Christina's own talent that she was able to incorporate Xtina's influence into her vocals without sounding like some cheap impersonator.

Have you guys seen the first 20 seconds of this performance though? I've never heard anyone else channel the essence of Xtina so heavily :eek:

[youtube]izSoM3-0JgU[/youtube]
Wow, she really sounds like Legend there! :eek: :love: 
I don't wanna be sad anymore because of her death so I'm just gonna compliment her talent. 
"Christina Aguilera is my favorite drag queen in the world" - Farrah Moan

XtinaDefender
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 19th, 2016, 7:01 pm

[youtube]njSZfZUkmGw[/youtube]

jorge.
Admin @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 19th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:I do like what family friend, Maurice LaMarche said about the situation though. He was upset that Christina wasn't mentioned at the Tony Awards with the other victims

But he said maybe it was a silver lining, because the media had been bothering Christina's parents at their house after Christina's murder and after the Pulse shooting, they stopped caring, and it gave the Grimmies more privacy as a result.

But still, he hopes going forward that people don't forget that Christina was a victim in Orlando too.

Anyway, as I tried to watch the Tonys this past Sunday night, I just felt sad. Yes, they all wore silver ribbons. Yes, they talked throughout the show about the 50 people dead from gun violence in Orlando. But I wanted them to acknowledge that our beloved Christina Grimmie was the FIRST Orlando victim. Fifty-ONE people died last weekend, because maniacs can get their hands on any gun they want to in this country! It surprised me all the more, because Christina was one of their own. A performer, a singer, who, at only 22 years old, was gifted with a better voice than probably three-quarters of the people being awarded at The Tonys. Why they would leave her out of their tribute saddened me. 

But as I carry on this week, I realize perhaps it doesn’t matter. The Grimmies need their privacy to mourn, so it may be a silver lining, purchased at terrible cost, that the media focus is off of them. My wife and I shooed off several TV reporters in the early morning hours of Saturday from the Grimmie household’s front door. They have since turned their attention elsewhere. 

Still, as you remember the fallen in Orlando, please don’t exclude Christina. As you take up the cause to get these terrible weapons off the streets and out of the hands of, well, basically anybody, because, really, who in the hell actually needs an AR-15, or a Glock, for their personal use, please don’t exclude Christina. It doesn’t have to be a gay issue, or a celebrity issue, or any issue other than that so many innocent, good, beautiful young people were slaughtered last weekend. Fifty-ONE of them
That's a good place to leave this thread.