OT: Christina Grimmie passes away after being shot at Orlando concert

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Maleficent
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 6:45 am

[youtube]Cc7wNng_d38[/youtube]
When 'Hurt' comes on at 1:20, I lost it.

I still can't believe this. 
bitches aint got punchlines or flow // i have both and an empire also

rye
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 9:03 am

Hudson Winters wrote:
rye wrote:If they lived in the right state (like GA or TX), the Grimmies could damn near move and pay off a new house to start over in with that GoFund...either way, glad they will not have to worry about financials for a while.
I believe Grimmie was the main breadwinner of the family at this point and her mom has had cancer several times and I believe has it again. So in the big picture, it might not really be that much money. But it's good now that they don't have to take funeral expenses out of that amount with Adam paying for it
WOW about the mom having cancer, I missed that information..as if the family has not already been through enough..smh

Ardent
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 9:06 am

Justin Beiber gave a tribute to Christina last night at his concert. So much respect for him after that.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 9:15 am

Anybody know if she's being buried in Jersey?

Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 10:34 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:

breaking my heart :cry:

Maleficent
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 10:39 am

'My Player Two'

This breaks my heart. Oh, my God, here comes the tears again.
bitches aint got punchlines or flow // i have both and an empire also

NewAgenda
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 11:36 am

Let There Be Love just came on shuffle on my iPhone and for some reason it felt so empowering. I've been crying these past couple days listening to slower tempo music and this song just lifted my spirits that everything is going to be alright.

FunkyDiva
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 12:42 pm

This feels like a nightmare that never ends. Everyday I wake up.. It's still there.

I've not quite been myself since this happened.. It just fills my head up..

I didn't know her that well as others did, but I followed her before she was really famous (a couple of years before The Voice I think) – and with her amazing voice and personality, she touched me right away. She reminded me a bit about myself.. Her goofiness and style.. And yes our love for Xtina. She had so much talent, but at the same time, she was so much herself and just “one of us”.
She was really someone special.

This is so fucked.

Kerry
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 12:45 pm

When is the wake and funeral?

XtinaDefender
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 6:49 pm

Kerry wrote:When is the wake and funeral?
the viewing is from 3pm to 8pm on friday in new jersey.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_j ... immie.html

-M-
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 7:17 pm

:( I still have so much hurt and anger in me because of this.
*Your foes list has been updated successfully.*

#1 Christina Aguilera fan on here, DO NOT come for her cuz I'll come for you if you do. Consider it a warning.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 10:23 pm

PennyRae wrote:Anybody know if she's being buried in Jersey?
She is from the info XtinaDefender posted. Are you thinking of attending the services?

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 11:42 pm

Reggie Fils-Aime, the president of Nintendo, acknowledged Christina by name at E3 today and how she had made plans to attend this year 
Great gesture considering how big of a Video Game stan and Zelda stan in particular that she was.

I guess they may have seen the petition to name a NPC after Christina (Before her passing Christina said if she were to pass she would want to come back as an elf)

@HylinianFighter
You guys should sign this too if you get the chance
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-name- ... na-grimmie

[youtube]f2VW5idHZco[/youtube]

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 15th, 2016, 12:02 am

rye wrote:
Hudson Winters wrote:
I believe Grimmie was the main breadwinner of the family at this point and her mom has had cancer several times and I believe has it again. So in the big picture, it might not really be that much money. But it's good now that they don't have to take funeral expenses out of that amount with Adam paying for it
WOW about the mom having cancer, I missed that information..as if the family has not already been through enough..smh
Yeah, her mother already had cancer four times in the past and was on chemo again.

I wish I could find the exact quote from Christina about how she believed her faith helped her mother survive cancer so many times. I could have sworn I was looking at it earlier but can't seem to find it in my history or bookmarks

But it makes you think - if her faith could save her mother so many times how could her faith allow something like this to happen to her  Image

I did find a somewhat related quote about her faith and her mother  Image

http://www.axs.com/news/christina-grimm ... e-ho-22511
Grimmie concluded, “This is a really, really cool thing for my fans because I know they love my mom -- my fans know who my mom is and what she’s gone through so I know they are going to be more than on board to support this.” Christina paused to collect her thoughts. “I know people say it all of the time, ‘Oh, my faith is important to me,’ but for me, it really is. Having faith is the most important thing in my life, and I put that before everything else. And, I love my mom because...” For the first time in the interview, Christina’s voice faltered, it cracked a little, threatening to let her emotions spill out. “I love my mom because she taught me that way. And besides just being cool parents, both my mom and my dad make sure that I’m grounded in my faith and that I remain that way. That’s the reason I love them both so much.”

HylinianFighter
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 15th, 2016, 12:12 am

Hudson Winters wrote:Reggie Fils-Aime, the president of Nintendo, acknowledged Christina by name at E3 today and how she had made plans to attend this year 
Great gesture considering how big of a Video Game stan and Zelda stan in particular that she was.

I guess they may have seen the petition to name a NPC after Christina (Before her passing Christina said if she were to pass she would want to come back as an elf)

@HylinianFighter

That would be really nice if Grimme was a npc
"In order to effect great change, we need to look at how we can help those in our own communities as well as globally."
-Christina Maria Aguilera

TOP SHELF LIQUOR
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 15th, 2016, 9:29 am

XtinaDefender wrote:
I didn't know that she was from here :( This is all so awful.
It was nice of Madam to pay for her services.

Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 15th, 2016, 10:41 am

Hudson Winters wrote:Reggie Fils-Aime, the president of Nintendo, acknowledged Christina by name at E3 today and how she had made plans to attend this year 

@HylinianFighter

OMG
Xtina and Nintendo
what kinda perfection like us @Martin @Dirrty :cry:

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 15th, 2016, 12:18 pm

FunkyDiva wrote:This feels like a nightmare that never ends. Everyday I wake up.. It's still there.

I've not quite been myself since this happened.. It just fills my head up..

I didn't know her that well as others did, but I followed her before she was really famous  (a couple of years before The Voice I think) – and with her amazing voice and personality, she touched me right away. She reminded me a bit about myself..  Her goofiness and style.. And yes our love for Xtina.  She had so much talent, but at the same time, she was so much herself and just “one of us”.  
She was really someone special.

This is so fucked.
I get what you mean. Everyday, when I wake up and see that Christina is still dead and murdered, it's still difficult to believe and process. And now a funeral date has even been set Image 

It feels like we're stuck in some alternate reality that we can't get out of. :grayno: It will never make sense how something like this could happen to a person like her or why she of all people would be targeted.
HeX wrote:That was a touching memorial ...how the brother also honored and mentioned the LGBTQ community really shows this family's character...

I like these kinds of Christians ... True love and compassion for all even in the wake of such a personal loss of their own
I wasn't expecting him to mention what happened at Pulse in light of his own personal loss either, but I agree, he really did show great character with that.

Something similar kind of happened in reverse at First Baptist Church in Orlando. Christina's name was added to the memorial wall with the rest of the Pulse victims.

Sisaundra, a friend/contestant, from Christina's season was there performing a song in tribute to her, so maybe that's part of why her name was up there.

But nevertheless, I wouldn't have expected that either way and I'm glad Christina was acknowledged there

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 15th, 2016, 12:40 pm

Leona Lewis commenting on Christina's death.

She sends her condolences of course, and talks about that time when she was in similar situation as Christina, where she was punched in the face at her autograph signing

Interestingly enough though, while many artists right now say they are feeling vulnerable/cancelling meet and greets and concerts/calling for security reform (like Gwen Stefani, Nick Jonas, Filter, Selena Gomez, etc), Leona seems more resilient than ever and says it hasn't affected her fan interactions :eek: .

You would think Leona of all people would be more cautious than ever, especially since she's actually had that experienced but she also points out how the chances of an incident like that happening are very slim still - one in a billion. I guess maybe she also thinks since something like that already happened to her once, that it's that much more unlikely to happen again to her. 

But people do get struck by lighting twice or get in plane crashes twice so I hope she's careful 

[youtube]y1bUI9rUvY8[/youtube]

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 9:50 am

How did the killer find out Christina had a boyfriend? TMZ says it was obvious on social media but the boyfriend didn't post anything that would indicate that Christina was his girlfriend until after her murder.

I'm looking around and even her hardcore fans are shocked she had a boyfriend. This really was a private relationship. One fan even said that the boyfriend denied he was dating Christina when the fan asked him a few months back.

I wonder if TMZ is trying to portray an inaccurate narrative or if the murderer really was so obsessed with Christina that he was able to find out that information.

Crazy though that the killer would go through a vegan diet, lasik, and a hair transplant thinking it would make Christina want to date him :noway:

DAVIDALEM La Puta
Latinos @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 11:55 am

omg my impact 

Shakira celebra el gol de España y pasa de las víctimas de Orlando y Christina Grimmie
Hasta Britney Spears, que no estaba colgando nada, fue obligada por su equipo de mánagers a subir un mensaje de apoyo. Frivolidades aparte, es uno de esos momentos en los que esperamos que las celebrities cumplan con su mensaje. Mal, Shakira.

http://www.cromosomax.com/33379-shakira ... ign=buffer

Selig
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 12:13 pm

DAVIDALEM wrote:
Hasta Britney Spears, que no estaba colgando nada, fue obligada por su equipo de mánagers a subir un mensaje de apoyo
:funny:

Kerry
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 12:25 pm

XtinaDefender wrote:
Less than a 90min drive for me. I really want to go. Im guessing the viewing is public.

Tina
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 1:12 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:Leona Lewis commenting on Christina's death.

She sends her condolences of course, and talks about that time when she was in similar situation as Christina, where she was punched in the face at her autograph signing

Interestingly enough though, while many artists right now say they are feeling vulnerable/cancelling meet and greets and concerts/calling for security reform (like Gwen Stefani, Nick Jonas, Filter, Selena Gomez, etc), Leona seems more resilient than ever and says it hasn't affected her fan interactions :eek: .

You would think Leona of all people would be more cautious than ever, especially since she's actually had that experienced but she also points out how the chances of an incident like that happening are very slim still - one in a billion. I guess maybe she also thinks since something like that already happened to her once, that it's that much more unlikely to happen again to her. 

But people do get struck by lighting twice or get in plane crashes twice so I hope she's careful 

[youtube]y1bUI9rUvY8[/youtube]
Statistically speaking, she's absolutely right. The chances of being attacked at an autograph signing is very unlikely, but people have irrational fears all the time. For example, the chances of being attacked by a shark are extremely low, yet many avoid swimming in oceans for that very reason.

What's impressive to me is that she's already had an awful experience (punched in the face), yet she continues to do so. It really shows how grateful and happy she is to simply be doing music and have fans. Good for her!

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 3:34 pm

So the shooter was obsessed with her. Wanted to marry Christina and had surgery (lasik, hair transplant) to try and woo her. He even went on a vegan diet to lose weight. He got angry when he found out she had a boyfriend and that's when he decided to kill her :noway:
Last edited by PennyRae on June 16th, 2016, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeX SYFXRM
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 3:37 pm

PennyRae wrote:So the shooter was obsessed with her. Wanted to marry Christina and had surgery (lasik, hair transplant) to woo try and woo her. He even went on a vegan diet to lose weight. He got angry when he found out she had a boyfriend and that's when he decided to kill her :noway:

Heterosexual white men thinking their entitled to whatever they want and if they can't get it.... Watch out

Baby Jane
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 3:53 pm

HeX wrote:
PennyRae wrote:So the shooter was obsessed with her. Wanted to marry Christina and had surgery (lasik, hair transplant) to woo try and woo her. He even went on a vegan diet to lose weight. He got angry when he found out she had a boyfriend and that's when he decided to kill her :noway:

Heterosexual white men thinking their entitled to whatever they want and if they can't get it.... Watch out
I jus read on the news one doctor that daid homophobic slurs and threatened a lesbian couple after one of the woman refused him, and it seems that he was carrying a gun too  :noway:

Tina
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 4:13 pm

PennyRae wrote:So the shooter was obsessed with her. Wanted to marry Christina and had surgery (lasik, hair transplant) to try and woo her. He even went on a vegan diet to lose weight. He got angry when he found out she had a boyfriend and that's when he decided to kill her :noway:
I'm so unbelievably disgusted. My heart sank reading this. Fucking psychopath.