OT: Christina Grimmie passes away after being shot at Orlando concert

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 8:46 pm

Sapphire wrote:ok Im sad again today
and the facts this news is overshadowed by the #PulseOrlando :cry:
Well it might seem that way, but mass murders do tend to get more coverage than a singular murder

But I think news of Grimme's death has reached more people than expected and exposed her to many who didn't know her before this

And most importantly it has reached those who knew and loved her best in the YouTube, Voice, and Music communities

love&music
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 8:48 pm

Poor Jacquiee.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 8:56 pm

Tina wrote:I don't think I'm ever going to pass judgement on Adam Levine ever again. It's incredibly humble that he personally called and offered to pay for the funeral and airfare. I'm even more impressed that he didn't flaunt that he was going to finance it, but instead did it privately. Good for him!
I never thought Adam was that bad. I think a lot of their "feud" was heavily exaggerated by the media. A lot of their early banter wasn't even bad and much more mild than the banter between Blake and Adam. But of course people would just label that more extreme banter as "boys being boys" or a "bromance" but try to paint the mild banter between Christina and Adam as sexual tension or "drama". And obviously if things were that bad, Adam wouldn't have asked her to be on Moves Like Jagger in the first place

And what's more important than anything is that Adam and Christina were able to come back from whatever issues they may have had and understand each other better than ever before. It could have easily gone down in flames and become irreparable like the Mariah Carey/Nicki Minaj relationship
Last edited by Hudson Winters on June 13th, 2016, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 9:15 pm

The official vigil for Christina is being held right now in New Jersey
If you guys want to watch its live on periscope right now

https://www.periscope.tv/w/ai4ASzFlZGpu ... v_sDILOeMc

GoGo
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 9:50 pm

Thiago wrote:Adam offered to pay for her funeral expenses. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... l-expenses
Instead of offering to pay he should just do it!

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 9:56 pm

Filter received a death threat before their next show. They say Christina's death influenced them to cancel their show

http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_20103 ... rder/music

Also it seems like the killer had a turbulent home life. He had an altercation with his dad's fiancé. She claims he slammed a door on her hand, but he claims he didn't know and then police said she was drunk. He also had an alteration with his dad

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/13/christina ... -violence/

Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:04 pm

I knew someone would mention Xtina any time... the guy just talked about Grimmie singing one Christina Aguilera song on school.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Igor wrote:I knew someone would mention Xtina any time... the guy just talked about Grimmie singing one Christina Aguilera song on school.
Was that at the vigil? I must have missed that

Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:05 pm

And he said Xtina's name with a little pause, like "you know, her idol"

Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:06 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
Igor wrote:I knew someone would mention Xtina any time... the guy just talked about Grimmie singing one Christina Aguilera song on school.
Yes! Just a few seconds ago

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:09 pm

Igor wrote:
Hudson Winters wrote:
Yes! Just a few seconds ago
Oh are you watching the periscope link I posted or are you watching somewhere else

Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:11 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
Igor wrote: Yes! Just a few seconds ago
Oh are you watching the periscope link I posted or are you watching somewhere else
The link you posted

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:15 pm

Igor wrote:
Hudson Winters wrote:
The link you posted
Gotcha. I'll have to watch the rebroadcast later to see that

I read another article today that said Grimmie performed Hurt at her 8th grade talent show. I didn't know her fandom extended that far back. So maybe the guy was talking about that.

Selig
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:18 pm

Cameron Frye wrote:Some of you need to stop making this shit about X, and saying what she should and shouldn't do.

I'm surprised none of you asked that she do a tribute at the Grammys...
Calm your tits down dude. 
No one is demanding anything from Xtina, or saying she should do x or y. I said what I said because Grimmie literally idolized Xtina and I'm sure she would've liked it. So how is that making it about Xtina exactly? 

NIGHTMARE ⬆️
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:25 pm

Stop making this about Shakira. Just because she didn't comment on social media doesn't mean she doesn't feel for this girl and her family. For all you know, she could have privately contacted them directly. 

And Shakira has always been an introvert who mostly keeps to herself. She's not a mean spirited person nor is she someone who is "conservative" or that hates LGBT people. Shakira, like Xtina, has always been supportive of the gay community and has given a lot back to charity and the less fortunate. :arrow:

Cameron Frye
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:26 pm

GoGo wrote:
Thiago wrote:Adam offered to pay for her funeral expenses. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... l-expenses
Instead of offering to pay he should just do it!
You can't just PAY for somebody's relative's funeral. You have to OFFER them the money. This isn't like a check at a restaurant or the cost of grocery's at the register.
He needs to write THEM a check, they have to put it towards the funeral. And when you "offer" to do something, you're finding out the total cost. You can't just cut a check for a random amount and expect it to be the right price. How would he know how much her funeral costs are?

Cameron Frye
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:32 pm

Selig wrote:
Cameron Frye wrote:Cameron Frye:Some of you need to stop making this shit about X, and saying what she should and shouldn't do.

No one is demanding anything from Xtina, or saying she should do x or y. I said what I said because Grimmie literally idolized Xtina and I'm sure she would've liked it. So how is that making it about Xtina exactly? 
While your post caught my eye, and inspired my post, I wasn't really even referring to it...it was just the latest in a string of suggestive posts, though it wasn't really bad.

All weekend, since her shooting and subsequent death were reported people here and elsewhere were saying she should do things. I agree that it would be nice if she attended, but I'd hate to put that out in the universe because you know that if she doesn't, some people will use that expectation against her. "She was your fan" blah blah blah.

Some people put way too much pressure on her is all I'm saying.

Cameron Frye
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:35 pm

NIGHTMARE© wrote:NIGHTMARE©:Stop making this about Shakira. Just because she didn't comment on social media doesn't mean she doesn't feel for this girl and her family. For all you know, she could have privately contacted them directly. 

And Shakira has always been an introvert who mostly keeps to herself. She's not a mean spirited person nor is she someone who is "conservative" or that hates LGBT people. Shakira, like Xtina, has always been supportive of the gay community and has given a lot back to charity and the less fortunate. :arrow:
Agreed.

I do find it sort of funny considering so many people here got so mad that Grimmie said her favorite voice coach was Shakira during her season (she stated she wanted to show respect for the current female coach).

That said, not only was her loyalty to Christina obvious to anyone with half of a brain, there was never a Christina Vs Shakira feud for anyone to draw from with their insanity.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 10:43 pm

Cameron Frye wrote:
GoGo wrote: Instead of offering to pay he should just do it!
You can't just PAY for somebody's relative's funeral. You have to OFFER them the money. This isn't like a check at a restaurant or the cost of grocery's at the register.
He needs to write THEM a check, they have to put it towards the funeral. And when you "offer" to do something, you're finding out the total cost. You can't just cut a check for a random amount and expect it to be the right price. How would he know how much her funeral costs are?
All this talk is unneccesary. Bottom line, Adam is paying for the funeral

The exact quote from her brother
"I found out this morning that Adam Levine personally called my mother and said he will pay for her funeral and her plane flight, and I was blown away," he shared in a post.

Tina تينا
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 11:23 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
Tina wrote:I don't think I'm ever going to pass judgement on Adam Levine ever again. It's incredibly humble that he personally called and offered to pay for the funeral and airfare. I'm even more impressed that he didn't flaunt that he was going to finance it, but instead did it privately. Good for him!
I never thought Adam was that bad. I think a lot of their "feud" was heavily exaggerated by the media. A lot of their early banter wasn't even bad and much more mild than the banter between Blake and Adam. But of course people would just label that more extreme banter as "boys being boys" or a "bromance" but try to paint the mild banter between Christina and Adam as sexual tension or "drama". And obviously if things were that bad, Adam wouldn't have asked her to be on Moves Like Jagger in the first place

And what's more important than anything is that Adam and Christina were able to come back from whatever issues they may have had and understand each other better than ever before. It could have easily gone down in flames and become irreparable like the Mariah Carey/Nicki Minaj relationship
I judged him because I thought he was cocky and obnoxious. His friendship with Tony Lucca made me especially dislike him. Also, I always got the impression he was more concerned with "winning" each season and didn't really care about the artists on his team.

It really speaks volumes that he'd go out of his way to pay for her funeral and such. That's really the marking of a humble and kind individual. A lot of other celebrities would publicize their "kindness" *cough*Taylor Swift*cough*
:heart: avi made by dinvy :heart:

Cameron Frye
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 12:16 am

Adam has done some inappropriate shit during this show's run. Kindhearted acts do not apply retroactively.

Personally, I've never really disliked Adam, but the things I've had issues with do not change because he did something great.

That said, I think what he is doing is wonderful however and shouldn't be put down simply because he isn't PERFECT.

kcphilly
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 12:36 am

Hudson Winters wrote:The official vigil for Christina is being held right now in New Jersey

Thanks for the link. I live close by where the vigil was, but I decided not to go because I only knew about her in name really and it felt a bit odd, and honestly after all that happened this weekend I'm not comfortable being in a large crowd right now. I just saw a clip of the vigil on the news, watching her brother speak I'm amazed again by his courage.
I also think it was really nice of Adam to take care of the funeral expenses...yes he's bothered me on the show, but to me calling Christina's mother personally shows a lot about who he is at heart. He will probably say something down the line that bothers me again but now I'm still going to come back to this gesture and remember that they're all exeggerating their personalities a bit on the show.

Pretty Boy
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 12:38 am

Omg. How devastating. This and the mass shooting BOTH in Orlando?? Wtf :noway:

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 4:59 am

Tina wrote:
Hudson Winters wrote:

I judged him because I thought he was cocky and obnoxious. His friendship with Tony Lucca made me especially dislike him. Also, I always got the impression he was more concerned with "winning" each season and didn't really care about the artists on his team.

It really speaks volumes that he'd go out of his way to pay for her funeral and such. That's really the marking of a humble and kind individual. A lot of other celebrities would publicize their "kindness" *cough*Taylor Swift*cough*
Tony is still a negative in my book. I like how Christina was the bigger person in that situation , even though that drama was his fault, and tried to make peace with him at the end of the season yet he continues to make snarky remarks about Christina 

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 5:05 am

kcphilly wrote:
Hudson Winters wrote:The official vigil for Christina is being held right now in New Jersey

Thanks for the link. I live close by where the vigil was, but I decided not to go because I only knew about her in name really and it felt a bit odd, and honestly after all that happened this weekend I'm not comfortable being in a large crowd right now. I just saw a clip of the vigil on the news, watching her brother speak I'm amazed again by his courage.
I also think it was really nice of Adam to take care of the funeral expenses...yes he's bothered me on the show, but to me calling Christina's mother personally shows a lot about who he is at heart. He will probably say something down the line that bothers me again but now I'm still going to come back to this gesture and remember that they're all exeggerating their personalities a bit on the show.
You're welcome and that's totally understandable. You shouldn't put yourself in a place where you feel uncomfortable if you can help it.
And yeah, I was amazed by the speech of her brother too. And the end was so touching and such a fitting tribute given Christina's love of video games :cry:
Last edited by Hudson Winters on June 14th, 2016, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 5:42 am

Igor wrote:And he said Xtina's name with a little pause, like "you know, her idol"
Was that from the same guy who tried to lighten the mood with a few jokes? Or someone else? Just watched the entire periscope but I didn't hear the part about Xtina being her idol.
I did catch the part about her singing an Xtina song though
Last edited by Hudson Winters on June 14th, 2016, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 5:50 am

I hope you guys can watch the entire vigil if you guys have the chance. It's about 20 minutes long but it's all very touching (The last 10 minutes are Amazing Grace and moments of silence if you guys are low on time)

The original Periscope: https://www.periscope.tv/w/ai4ASzFlZGpu ... v_sDILOeMc

But in case it expires or Periscope isn't loading here's the vigil on Youtube below

--------
Moments that especially touched me:

Her Pastor quoting Christina's tweet"
"Sometimes God allows terrible things to happen in your life and you don't know why, but that doesn't mean you stop trusting Him" Image

The Mayor saying this:
"You can shed tears that she's gone, or you can smile because she's lived"
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back or you can open your eyes and see all that she left"  Image

Her best female friends crying during their speech and saying that they believe Christina is more alive than before and at her true home now in Heaven  Image

Her brother Markus bravely representing his parents 
"She loved this town, she loved this state, she loved singing, she loved the Lord, and she loved me" Image

And then her brother looking in the sky and saying "My Player Two" in tribute (Christina was a big video game stan) Image

[youtube]S5Oq6Fg5sj4[/youtube]
Last edited by Hudson Winters on June 14th, 2016, 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

HeX MΔR∇ΣL
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 5:54 am

Selig wrote:
Cameron Frye wrote:Some of you need to stop making this shit about X, and saying what she should and shouldn't do.

Exactly...it's like ..light forbid one of us die...some of us saying .. "It would be cool is X sang and their memorial" ... Cause we as X fans know that person would be STANNING from the afterlife if that occurred ...and it's a beautiful thought

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 5:58 am

Some pictures from the Vigil

More here
http://www.nj.com/burlington/index.ssf/ ... na_gr.html

HeX MΔR∇ΣL
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2016, 6:21 am

That was a touching memorial ...how the brother also honored and mentioned the LGBTQ community really shows this family's character...

I like these kinds of Christians ... True love and compassion for all even in the wake of such a personal loss of their own