OT: Christina Grimmie passes away after being shot at Orlando concert

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Thiago \_(ツ)_/¯
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 1:37 pm

Adam offered to pay for her funeral expenses. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... l-expenses

Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 1:53 pm

Thiago wrote:Adam offered to pay for her funeral expenses. 

I would have done the same thing in his position. People talk about pain, grief, sadness when one passes but the financial aspect of a funeral is a real thing too. Now it's one less thing to worry about for them. No money in the world can bring their daughter back but it's heartwarming nonetheless to see the amount of support the familly received.

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 1:58 pm

NIGHTMARE© wrote:You can be mentally ill and conscious of your actions. Anders sounds like sociopath. He was conscious of his actions but felt no remorse for them. That is not sanity. People in their right minds don't just wake up and decide they want to kill a ton of people.
Well, I think the term I was looking for was clinically insane? Sorry if I was unclear. :icant: :roll: 

And yeah, I don't know if he's a sociopath but he probably has some kind of personality disorder. 
"Christina Aguilera is my favorite drag queen in the world" - Farrah Moan

Selig
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 3:06 pm

It'd be so nice if Xtina attended her funeral. Maybe she doesn't feel with the freedom to do so since they just met once, but I hope Jacquie or Adam ask her to. We all should tweet Jacquie. 

Tink.
Mod @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 3:11 pm

No don't bug Jacquie. She is really heartbroken and doesn't need y'all bothering her.

KembaIsha
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 3:14 pm

Blue_Lake wrote:
Thiago wrote:Adam offered to pay for her funeral expenses. 

I would have done the same thing in his position. People talk about pain, grief, sadness when one passes but the financial aspect of a funeral is a real thing too. Now it's one less thing to worry about for them. No money in the world can bring their daughter back but it's heartwarming nonetheless to see the amount of support the familly received.
No offense, but don't people have life insurance for this stuff?  If you live in NY or GA and need some coverage DM. I got you!

Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 3:16 pm

Tink. wrote:No don't bug Jacquie. She is really heartbroken and doesn't need y'all bothering her.
I was about to say this. Jacquie is really suffering, let's not do that.

Tina ♕♛
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 3:18 pm

I feel like it's too often that people conflate mental illness (bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc.) with sociopaths and psychopaths. There is a distinct, important difference.
:heart: avi made by dinvy :heart:

Thaddeusmaximus
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 3:23 pm

I'm still feeling heartbroken.  This is such a tragedy.  I'm glad Adam stepped in to take care of funeral expenses.

Tina ♕♛
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 3:29 pm

I don't think I'm ever going to pass judgement on Adam Levine ever again. It's incredibly humble that he personally called and offered to pay for the funeral and airfare. I'm even more impressed that he didn't flaunt that he was going to finance it, but instead did it privately. Good for him!

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 3:54 pm

Tina wrote:I feel like it's too often that people conflate mental illness (bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc.) with sociopaths and psychopaths. There is a distinct, important difference.
This is exactly what I was trying to say earlier. Sociopathy/psychopathy and other anti-social personalities/disorders aren't really the same thing as mental illnesses. I'm only a layman, not an expert, so I'm cautious talking about the subject. 
"Christina Aguilera is my favorite drag queen in the world" - Farrah Moan

DAVIDALEM La Puta
Latinos @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 4:09 pm

I can't believe shakira didnt say anything about Christina or Orlando..

instead she's posting about her husband

Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 4:44 pm

KembaIsha wrote:
Blue_Lake wrote: I would have done the same thing in his position. People talk about pain, grief, sadness when one passes but the financial aspect of a funeral is a real thing too. Now it's one less thing to worry about for them. No money in the world can bring their daughter back but it's heartwarming nonetheless to see the amount of support the familly received.
No offense, but don't people have life insurance for this stuff?  If you live in NY or GA and need some coverage DM. I got you!
I'm not familiar with US habits in that regard.

Dirrty
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 4:55 pm

DAVIDALEM wrote:I can't believe shakira didnt say anything about Christina or Orlando..

Expose that blond Colombian ghost!
our song is a slamming screen door
sneaking out late tapping on your window

REPUTATION | 11/10

Xiggity
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 5:07 pm

DAVIDALEM wrote:I can't believe shakira didnt say anything about Christina or Orlando..

Stop! She doesn't need to.You should be disgusted by other ppl. *checks location*  :mtwm_alt_cat:

Tina ♕♛
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 5:10 pm

I'm not surprised tbh. I remember a contestant on The Voice exposed her ass saying Shakabra didn't mingle with her team or the other contestants at all. The show was just a bonus check for her.

Cameron Frye
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 5:46 pm

Some of you need to stop making this shit about X, and saying what she should and shouldn't do.

I'm surprised none of you asked that she do a tribute at the Grammys...

Cameron Frye
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 5:47 pm

As for Shakira, she barely posts anything on twitter that isn't related to Football or Music.

Cameron Frye
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 5:48 pm

Tina wrote:

I'm not surprised tbh. I remember a contestant on The Voice exposed her ass saying Shakabra didn't mingle with her team or the other contestants at all. The show was just a bonus check for her.
They've said the same shit about Christina, so I'm not about to believe or be bothered by this.

Tina ♕♛
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Cameron Frye wrote:
Tina wrote: I'm not surprised tbh. I remember a contestant on The Voice exposed her ass saying Shakabra didn't mingle with her team or the other contestants at all. The show was just a bonus check for her.
They've said the same shit about Christina, so I'm not about to believe or be bothered by this.
I don't remember anyone saying Christina didn't form relationships with her contestants. She still keeps in touch with Chris, Sylvia, Jacquie, and now Alisan even after the show.

1000formsoffear
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 6:52 pm

Wow - am so happy her family has raised so much on the GoFundMe. Last I looked it was like $165,000 or something. Insane! All tax free :)

Cameron Frye
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 6:58 pm

Tina wrote:
Cameron Frye wrote: They've said the same shit about Christina, so I'm not about to believe or be bothered by this.
I don't remember anyone saying Christina didn't form relationships with her contestants. She still keeps in touch with Chris, Sylvia, Jacquie, and now Alisan even after the show.
Well, you have Tony Vincent claiming she didn't know anything about the last 24 contestants in his season.

Then you have "The Wanted" saying she ignored them, etc.

So either I choose to believe all of it, choose to believe none of it, or choose to believe it's not some huge deal one way or the other....I go with option 3.

rye
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 7:00 pm

If they lived in the right state (like GA or TX), the Grimmies could damn near move and pay off a new house to start over in with that GoFund...either way, glad they will not have to worry about financials for a while.

HeX MΔR∇ΣL
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 7:28 pm

Cameron Frye wrote:
Tina wrote: I'm not surprised tbh. I remember a contestant on The Voice exposed her ass saying Shakabra didn't mingle with her team or the other contestants at all. The show was just a bonus check for her.

No they haven't ...

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 8:26 pm

Shakira always seems like she has something missing inside her head

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Cameron Frye wrote:
Tina wrote: I don't remember anyone saying Christina didn't form relationships with her contestants. She still keeps in touch with Chris, Sylvia, Jacquie, and now Alisan even after the show.
Well, you have Tony Vincent claiming she didn't know anything about the last 24 contestants in his season.

Then you have "The Wanted" saying she ignored them, etc.

So either I choose to believe all of it, choose to believe none of it, or choose to believe it's not some huge deal one way or the other....I go with option 3.
Tina isn't even talking about that though. People from other teams or people that don't know coaches might think there is a bias (like Cassadee Pope from Blake's team not being fond of Adam).

But he's talking about Shakira's OWN team calling her out for being ice cold. I know what Tina is talking about where the contestant was upset that other coaches on other teams would talk to their teams off camera but Shakira wouldn't talk to hers. And then after this contestant was eliminated Shakira didn't even talk to them!

love&music
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 8:33 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:

Shakira always seems like she has something missing inside her head
Team Shakira guys exposed her as selfish and self centered. No wonder why she is friends with Yonka.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 8:37 pm

rye wrote:If they lived in the right state (like GA or TX), the Grimmies could damn near move and pay off a new house to start over in with that GoFund...either way, glad they will not have to worry about financials for a while.
I believe Grimmie was the main breadwinner of the family at this point and her mom has had cancer several times and I believe has it again. So in the big picture, it might not really be that much money. But it's good now that they don't have to take funeral expenses out of that amount with Adam paying for it
Last edited by Hudson Winters on June 13th, 2016, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

George
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Wow, Shakira was a judge on this show and made shit loads of money.

She should have said something.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 13th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Tink. wrote:No don't bug Jacquie. She is really heartbroken and doesn't need y'all bothering her.
Right, Jacquie's mom even released a statement saying that Jacquie was too distraught to comment

http://www.app.com/story/news/crime/201 ... /85757466/
COLTS NECK - As news of “Voice’’ singer Christina Grimmie’s killing spread, fellow “Voice’’ contestant Jacqui Lee of Colts Neck was too distraught to comment, according to her mother, Denise Lee.
“Please send strength and faith to the Grimmie family,’’ Denise Lee said.
Jacquie Lee and Grimmie, and their parents and families, developed a close bond while contestants on “the Voice,’’ the NBC talent competition show for vocalists, Denise Lee said.