OT: Christina Grimmie passes away after being shot at Orlando concert

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Tina تينا
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 4:19 pm

HeX wrote:
PennyRae wrote:So the shooter was obsessed with her. Wanted to marry Christina and had surgery (lasik, hair transplant) to woo try and woo her. He even went on a vegan diet to lose weight. He got angry when he found out she had a boyfriend and that's when he decided to kill her :noway:

Heterosexual white men thinking their entitled to whatever they want and if they can't get it.... Watch out
There are plenty of possessive MEN, straight and gay; black and white. But rarely do we encounter deranged fucking psychopaths.
:heart: avi made by dinvy :heart:

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 4:21 pm

PennyRae wrote:So the shooter was obsessed with her. Wanted to marry Christina and had surgery (lasik, hair transplant) to try and woo her. He even went on a vegan diet to lose weight. He got angry when he found out she had a boyfriend and that's when he decided to kill her :noway:
I mentioned this earlier, but I kind of think something isn't adding up in the TMZ report. They say the murderer got angry when he found out she had a boyfriend through social media

But Christina kept her relationship private and the boyfriend didn't admit they were dating or post personal pics confirming the relationship until AFTER her murder.

Even her hardcore fans didn't know she was dating this guy and are surprised

So I don't get how the murderer found out because it definitely wasn't through social media. Either TMZ is wrong or this guy was so obsessed he was able to find out information about Christina that no one else knew

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 4:27 pm

Kerry wrote:
XtinaDefender wrote: the viewing is from 3pm to 8pm on friday in new jersey.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_j ... immie.html
Less than a 90min drive for me. I really want to go. Im guessing the viewing is public.
You really should go, that's not too far. I think you said you were still shaken up by this, so maybe attending will help provide some catharsis

And yeah the memorial service will be at 8 pm and the internment/actual funeral is the one that will be private and that will be Saturday

Melissa
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 11:11 pm

Such a sad situation. :(

Sapphire
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 16th, 2016, 11:46 pm

CHANGE

this is for your Christina Grimmie :cry:

Izu Ooº
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 1:38 am

Sapphire wrote:CHANGE

this is for your Christina Grimmie :cry:
So sad, to know she could have been rejoiced from "Change"  :(

Cherryred
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 3:50 am

I keep thinking about Christina G while listening to the new song  :( I wish she could hear it, she would have loved it so much...

Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 4:00 am

I'm thinking about her too :cry:

Tina تينا
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 4:36 am

I still can't get her senseless death out of my mind :cry:

I hope Xtina says some kind words about her on Ryan's show tomorrow.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 5:52 am

Tina wrote:I still can't get her senseless death out of my mind :cry:

I hope Xtina says some kind words about her on Ryan's show tomorrow.
I hope Xtina talks about her too.

It's so sad to know that she will never hear Change  Image . I really think she would have loved it. This really would have fit in the style of the stripped back songs she did for own music and I could have seen Change becoming her latest YouTube cover.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 6:02 am

Family friend Maurice LaMarche (who played The Brain on Pinky & The Brain) shared the reactions of Christina's parents, Bud and Tina.  

I held this man, this fellow dad, who towered over me, both physically, and as a good and decent human being, in my arms as he wept. Bud is a Christian, and his first words to me on that awful night as he waited on my driveway were, “I know I’ll see her again. I have faith in that, but the time between now and then is going to be so very long and painful, I don’t know how I’ll get through it.

Tina Grimmie was too overwhelmed to travel to Orlando to make arrangements for Christina's body to be brought back to New Jersey and had to be held wailing over Christina Image
You see, I had just spent the past 20 hours at the home of the Grimmie family, and my wife Robin even more hours than that, caring for Tina Grimmie, who was too bereft at the news of her daughter Christina’s senseless murder on Friday night as she signed autographs at a meet and greet after her concert, to travel to Orlando (yes, the same city as the nightclub massacre that would take place twenty-four hours later) to make the arrangements every parent dreads in their darkest dreams. That, and the fact that Tina has been bravely battling numerous forms of cancer for the past 5 years or more, leaving her debilitated as well as despondent. 

Don’t try to fix them with platitudes because you’re uncomfortable with their sadness and, even more so, their rage. Just shut the fuck up with that, and hug them, and tell them you’re so sorry and you cannot imagine what they’re going through, because, trust me, you can’t. And then sit with them for 24 hours, and make them some soup, and do their dishes, and cook them breakfast, and run to them in the night when you hear them wailing in the bedroom and hold them some more, silently, and fall asleep beside them, as my Robin did for Tina.

redlips
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 6:33 am

so was the shooter at the concert or did he just show up at the meet and greet? its kinda of scary to know being at a concert the whole time he had a gun. her death is so sad because she had no choice unlike selfish people like Michael, Whitney and prince. So so sad. RIP.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 6:49 pm

The funeral is being broadcast live now which I figured would happen given that Christina started out as a Youtube artist
Right now it seems to be mostly people talking to the priest. The memorial service itself starts at 8 PM EST

http://www.thewrap.com/christina-grimmi ... eam-video/

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/html5/html5li ... 8522%22%7D

Mal
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 6:55 pm

Have you guys seen this? They posted this today.

I cried again. 

[youtube]3290550YVog[/youtube]
👄👄👄

Stripped
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 7:00 pm

I just can't believe this.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 7:05 pm

They're playing Christina's songs right now during the funeral and Christina really had some great material, some of it sounding Xtina inspired.

"With Love" sounds very much like a cross between "I Am" and "You Lost Me". "The One" seems like her own interpretation of a Back To Basics style song.

"I Bet You Don't Curse God" is too close to this situation Image

Christina could get down too though and "Shrug" with its more urban vibe sounds like it could have been a hit on radio now.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 7:20 pm

Maleficent wrote:Have you guys seen this? They posted this today.

I cried again. 

I was SOOOO not ready for that :cry: I'm literally crying again.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 8:15 pm

The funeral service just started. They started out with a video of Christina singing "In Christ Alone" Image and now her pastor is speaking.

SexForBreakfast
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Still can't believe :( 

Tina تينا
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 8:45 pm

I cried again. 

Oh no, I started crying when they showed home footage of her with her brother and mom. :cry:

Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Tina wrote:

I cried again. 

Oh no, I started crying when they showed home footage of her with her brother and mom. :cry:
*crying*
The pain they must be feeling should not be allowed.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Her mom is speaking now and crying uncontrollably Image Image Image

Lord
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 9:03 pm

Even tho she was a big Xtina fan, she never tried to sound like her.
LORD AROUND THE WORLD
blog | insta

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 9:07 pm

Lord wrote:Even tho she was a big Xtina fan, she never tried to sound like her.
What do you mean? A lot of her vocal stylings were very Xtina.

Lord
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 9:18 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
Lord wrote:Even tho she was a big Xtina fan, she never tried to sound like her.
What do you mean? A lot of her vocal stylings were very Xtina.
Well, she didn't try to make her voice big, or like do the growls and the oOoooHhh's just like with the usual impressions :laugh:
LORD AROUND THE WORLD
blog | insta

XtinaIsMyLifeAndSoul
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 9:23 pm

I cried again. 

:icant: Shes really down to earth

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Lord wrote:
Hudson Winters wrote: What do you mean? A lot of her vocal stylings were very Xtina.
Well, she didn't try to make her voice big, or like do the growls and the oOoooHhh's just like with the usual impressions :laugh:
Nah, I understand what you mean. She wasn't trying mimic Xtina's sound tone wise. You can tell that she was heavily inspired though with her runs.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 9:34 pm

The funeral has ended. Did anyone else watch it?

I wasn't feeling the pastor. He kept talking about how he would try to answer the question of why Christina was killed, but he tied it in a way into Original Sin that didn't make sense to me. 

Or is anyone a Christian here? Maybe I just don't understand what he really meant.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 9:45 pm

PennyRae wrote:
Lord wrote: Well, she didn't try to make her voice big, or like do the growls and the oOoooHhh's just like with the usual impressions :laugh:
Nah, I understand what you mean. She wasn't trying mimic Xtina's sound tone wise. You can tell that she was heavily inspired though with her runs.
I think it's a testament to Christina's own talent that she was able to incorporate Xtina's influence into her vocals without sounding like some cheap impersonator.

Have you guys seen the first 20 seconds of this performance though? I've never heard anyone else channel the essence of Xtina so heavily :eek:

[youtube]izSoM3-0JgU[/youtube]

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 17th, 2016, 9:47 pm

Hudson Winters wrote:
PennyRae wrote:
I think it's a testament to Christina's own talent that she was able to incorporate Xtina's influence into her vocals without sounding like some cheap impersonator.

Have you guys seen the first 20 seconds of this performance though? I've never heard anyone else channel the essence of Xtina so heavily :eek:

[youtube]izSoM3-0JgU[/youtube]
Yup!

And my god, that was 150% inspired by Xtina :cry: she was such a stan.