The Mawazine Thread

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
qiusef
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 1:01 am

davfb8622 wrote:Don't feel like opening up a new thread to grab attention, but I just have to say I had the most AMAZING weekend at Mawazine. It was perfect from beginning to end, and such a larger than life experience that I wasn't expecting.

Some highlights:

- I went to the OLM scene around 3 pm in the afternoon (because I wanted to make sure I was front and center, turned out I exagerrated a bit), the dance rehearsals were full on!! I managed to take some of the first videos until the stage manager AND Gilbert got very mad at us holding cameras some 30 meters away. So no more videos. But it was soooooo exciting to see the dancers that I knew of and even seeing Jeri being Xtina was exciting to me.

- The second time NMT came on, I was chatting with some of the event worker off site when suddenly I heard Xtina's live vocals, and I lost MY MIIIIND. I came back running to the stage, and there she was, jean jacket, blacking legging, black hat, sunglasses and straight hair! She was going through moves and would sing occasionally, for 30 some people there with me, and Jeri was instructing her moves (for example for Genie, they decided when she was alone up the stairs, right after the first line she should turn her back to the audience to show the curves). Then out of nowhere Christina let out the full high note on "let me OOOOOOOUT". It was so sudden and so POWERFUL and perfectly executed I was instantly petrified. EVERYONE cheered afterwards.

- Then TVW came on, that's when security started seriously chasing us off the ground. So I took my video walking away from the scene lipping to TVW and decided to post here. Basically it got told to everyone's mother brother sister and friends, and my IG notif stream has never stopped since loooool.

- Went back 3 hours before opening, got to chat with some local fighters and Kevin Kardashian from here who flew all the way from South Africa. It was SOOOOO fun, like I never got to chat with any fighters. We were working out strategies of getting to the front center as a group, using any techniques from hair dragging to bitch slap lol. And we did succeed.

- The actual show, well you all know by now. I basically screamed through the whole thing while holding my phone up all along. What sucked a little was that there were rich VIP people before us, so I was actually not really up close the stage. But the whole feeling was LIIIIFE. Seeing her live after 16 years of waiting, hearing surprises like I am interlude, Blank page, Prince Tribute and even COOB, goose bumps never left me. Her vocals were fine to me, it was apparent that she was still going through her range evolution, but none of this MATTERED when I was in presence of LEGEND in front of my eyes. (check out my IG: chief_off_y if you still haven't seen some of the clips, I think I put up the interesting part of every song).

- After the concert, Kevin wanted to stalk for Christina into the Sofitel where Christina and her team were staying, I was unsure. But I am SOOOO glad that he talked me into it. Security guards were everywhere but they still let me in with my Bionic shirt on, no question raised. We were in the lobby and there we took pictures with Colin who sang "Say something" with her. And then we saw Jeri, who got interrupted but still was VERY nice. He asked us how we thought about the show, saying that they basically prepared for this like a mini tour, and that fans should rest assured that Christina wants to tour as well. He said he had heard new music when I asked him, to which I said it must be uptempo because otherwise Christina wouldn't have shown him, to which he gave me the "bitch please" look. Then he was amazed by my shirt and actually took a photo of it and said he would show Christina (DIED), and he was amazed that Kevin and I flew in from far away to see her, and said that he was going to tell Christina that because "she loves hearing these stories" (re-DIED).

- Later all the dancers started showing up, going through the lobby towards the Sofitel club for after party. I stopped Gilbert, who was my size in person surprisingly (5'7), and Kevin was a mess thinking that Gilbert was the one in the shadow box in Walk Away during Stripped tour. Gilbert then introduced us to the new girl Dominique, who is drop dead GORGEOUS in person, who was super nice and praised my shirt as well, and completely killed her dance solo during the showdown section. EVERYONE who passed said Christina won't come down. 

- Then some other Moroccan girl came to us saying Christina was at the after party! So we decided to crash the after party club, which again proved to be of no problem AT ALL. After getting in, we quickly realized that Christina's whole team was on the top level celebrating. I saw Simone do an funny duck dance and butt bumping someone, Etienne and Monique were doing some really skin tight dance, Etienne being the slutty bottom and Monique taking charge in his back LMAO... but Christina was nowhere to be seen. There was a veiled section on the top level, where a lot of people confirmed to us that was where she was, but after 2 hours of looking intensely, I convinced Kevin that Christina was not there and the dancers were telling the truth. Later some Moroccan girl who didn't speak English very well, told us that Christina was indeed there, but we couldn't have seen her because Sofitel has specific underground elevators that linked Hotel to the club (which I found quite hard to believe).

Anyway, I had 4 hours of bed time throughout the whole weekend but I and SOOOO wholy happy with my entire being. I can die happy now. And thanks for people here spreading my videos on IG. It's a good feeling to share experience with fellow fighters. I don't get to do that often:)

Off to sleep now. Happy that I've been a good stan. 

p.s. Someone on Grindr in Morocco told me the whole show was shown on TV. So maybe some Moroccan fan at home would have tevoed it. Would be worth investigating...
OMG you must be so damn happy! great share babe :love: 

Leslab
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 1:14 am

Thank you!!! This makes me want to see her in concert more!! If she doesn't come to Hawaii...I'm flying out!!!!!

rye
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 1:40 am

thanks for the report davfb - appreciated

Stormageddon
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 1:59 am

Hope we get HD videos soon!

Glad about the positive reception on this thread, I hope she performs frequently after this, just to get her voice prepared for more festivals if she decides to do more.

I think she's getting ready for a comeback and I really hope she comes back strong!

Selig
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 2:07 am

Praying we get HD footage.  :cry:

This bitch needs to tour, please God. I will pay any fucking figure she asks for. I do not care.  :cry:

dinvy ``
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 2:15 am

in case anyone was curious, this lady was on a diff stage at the same timeslot and it was live on m2 lol

[youtube]8Md2T843Chc[/youtube]

Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 4:06 am

I just need the full Prince tribute in HD :cry:

SweetSurrender
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 5:11 am

dinvy wrote:in case anyone was curious, this lady was on a diff stage at the same timeslot and it was live on m2 lol

[youtube]8Md2T843Chc[/youtube]
Snubbed :cry:

Drunken_Ballerina
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 11:16 am

She killed Whole Lotta Love, and coming from a crazed zep fan that's a lot.

Please air it in HQ :cry:
~•~•~•~•~
Friendship is the most vauable thing you will have in life
But it can't be bought and will cost you time for nurturing conversation.
~•~•~

I do not vote for anybody in SMF. Like, period. So stawp.

Dirrty
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 11:59 am

SEVINNYNE. wrote:And YASSSS @ Dirrty 2.0, she better bring this version on tour, if there's ever one.
our song is a slamming screen door
sneaking out late tapping on your window

REPUTATION | 11/10

DevotionHURTS ⚜ 哲学 ⚜
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 12:58 pm

Was this HD video posted?

It includes interviews with the people, NMT, ANOM, Candyman, LM, and Dirrty.

And in this one, people look like they're having fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tNJZ34CYA8
Xtina ♥ Whitney

Dirrty
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 1:01 pm

Samira wrote:Oh i can see simone got a henna tattoo...hope christina tried it aswell, i love henna, if i could have henna on my hands all the time i would....:love:
Someone needs to tattoo "DON'T HIRE ME" on her foreheard with permanent ink.
our song is a slamming screen door
sneaking out late tapping on your window

REPUTATION | 11/10

Darius.
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 1:07 pm

OMG get into those costumes! They looked amazing!!

Darius.
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 3:09 pm

I'm so happy she performs The Voice Within. It took her some time to realize how much of a fav that song is to her fanbase. 

Darius.
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 3:10 pm

Plus, the new bridge breakdown is amazing! It sounded better in Singapore though. :cry:

Nynah
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 3:22 pm

https://www.instagram.com/etienneortega/

She looks like a goddess !

Darius.
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 3:45 pm

I think this concert is proof that Stripped clearly was her biggest era and that she needs more hits. If that many people jumped to see her live and she hasn't done much in years, I'm sure a new album era would be amazing for her. The only issue is I don't think her voice will hold up to touring. So, get to prerecording, sis! Not everything needs to be live.

Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 3:53 pm

She looks so young and fresh, it's crazy how time doesn't seem to have a hold on her. 

~Songbird~
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 3:54 pm

Nynah wrote:Image

She is GORGEOUS! Her features are unmatched.

Mal
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 4:31 pm

WHY ISNT THERE HD YET.
👄👄👄

SweetSurrender
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 4:37 pm

Nynah wrote:Image

:cry: :cry: :tellmemore:

Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 5:39 pm

AP? I think there's a new video in this article : http://www.melty.fr/mawazine-2016-chris ... 31660.html 

@dinvy @Crystal Whore

NIGHTMARE ⬆️
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 6:14 pm

Not sure of this has already been answered but what is that remix in the Intro? Is it available anywhere in full? It sounds amazing.

Crystal Whore r e p
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 6:24 pm

Blue_Lake wrote:AP? I think there's a new video in this article : http://www.melty.fr/mawazine-2016-chris ... 31660.html 

@dinvy @Crystal Whore
thanks, added :)

Bunny
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 6:30 pm

Any good quality video of Purple Rain? I love that song so much :cry:

Donatello
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 6:56 pm

Has anyone seen Gilbert's lateofb status? He shared a pic with Legend from the backstage and commented "wait for it"

dinvy ``
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 7:01 pm

Donatello wrote:Has anyone seen Gilbert's lateofb status? He shared a pic with Legend from the backstage and commented "wait for it"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGCuYO4rLDM

kylie jenner
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 7:23 pm

Blue_Lake wrote:AP? I think there's a new video in this article : http://www.melty.fr/mawazine-2016-chris ... 31660.html 

@dinvy @Crystal Whore
this video is way better than the first one.. stan  :slutdrop_cat:
somebody rip this and put it on youtube

Donatello
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 7:26 pm

So they might air it after all? Or she's planning to release it on blue ray?

Allure
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 30th, 2016, 7:32 pm

Donatello wrote:So they might air it after all? Or she's planning to release it on blue ray?
SCREAMING!

these gurls never learn
We both can seduce but darling, you hold me prisoner...