Christina Aguilera headlines New Year’s Eve in Times Square

I'd do it all again and won't think twice...
janvinron
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 4:50 am

wellokaythen wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 4:47 am
I agree with the OP tbh

As I've said before, she seems to have come to see it as her default "party song", and she feels obliged to perform it every time she wants to generate a party atmosphere ala NYE. But I don't get her logic there, because she has heaps of other party songs in her discography that can substitute in for it.

The other reason is that it has a pro-LGBT message and a generic campiness to it that I think she thinks makes it perfect for her target demographic. But the thing is, "generic campiness" isn't the sort of thing Fighters generally look for when they stan Xtina. That's more of a Britbot stan thing. Our fandom isn't about squealing over anything that s campy or kitsch. We stan vocals and talent and artistry. LTBL is okay but to me it feels like a song by another artist.

Did Xtina tell you all these? Her logic, her reasoning. 

Or maybe she just likes the song? We don't have to overanalyze everything.
Christina Aguilera
G-Dragon
Song Mino
Alex Turner
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 4:52 am

janvinron
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 4:52 am

AguGaga wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 4:17 am
I haven’t watch anything yet but judging by the mood in here it wasnt Too good. Happy fuckin New Years.

Yes, base your opinion on what posters say on a forum.
Christina Aguilera
G-Dragon
Song Mino
Alex Turner
wellokaythen
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 4:53 am

janvinron wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 4:50 am

wellokaythen wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 4:47 am
I agree with the OP tbh

As I've said before, she seems to have come to see it as her default "party song", and she feels obliged to perform it every time she wants to generate a party atmosphere ala NYE. But I don't get her logic there, because she has heaps of other party songs in her discography that can substitute in for it.

The other reason is that it has a pro-LGBT message and a generic campiness to it that I think she thinks makes it perfect for her target demographic. But the thing is, "generic campiness" isn't the sort of thing Fighters generally look for when they stan Xtina. That's more of a Britbot stan thing. Our fandom isn't about squealing over anything that s campy or kitsch. We stan vocals and talent and artistry. LTBL is okay but to me it feels like a song by another artist.

Did Xtina tell you all these? Her logic, her reasoning.

Or maybe she just likes the song? We don't have to overanalyze everything.

Well yeah the "she likes the song" part goes without saying.

And you're right, the rest is conjecture. Wasn't trying to pretend otherwise. :)
Xxx10
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:01 am

She looked and sounded amazing . Who the fuck put anom in the middle of the set list

And messy ass transitions

People can’t grove with that fast switch lawd

Fuck jerry or Rob Lewis
Last edited by Xxx10 on January 1st, 2019, 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mal
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:08 am

god she looks absolutely divine
Know first who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.
Guvedder
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:11 am

Some of you are so boring sometimes. She did a great job, played safe, knowing the weather could be a challenge in her performance. It’s not memorable, mas is not bad
----------------------
I am mine
Foxxy
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:23 am

She looked AMAZING and the performance overall was great.
Liv_Enrique
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:23 am

I didn't see anything wrong with what X did, but i visited this site to see what she di wrong, cause surely, few people here have some complaints.
Adele's religion is Beyonce; Beyonce wants to be like Christina! Christina won!
XtinaDaily
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:31 am

Angela Merkel H8TR
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 5:52 am

Y’all are such a bunch of negative pieces of shit negl. Wishing y’all a horrible year tbh.
XtinaTurkey
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 6:04 am

She did great imo. Thinking that cold and rain over there she did a great job. Love the outfit
Hocus Pocus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 6:12 am

ziggy wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 3:51 am

fierce bitch, elsatina!

She was so happy and sounded awesome, wow it must have been very cold out there.

Now, i hope we get new tour dates this month and fingers crossed for Grammys.
I Put a Spell on You
DARLING NIKKI
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 6:20 am

She sang LTBL? :funny: the Fungus Brigade won a lot! @Jimmyboy @Mack
band-aids don't fix bullet holes.
AguileraArmy
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 6:53 am

New Year, same Chrustina 🤷🏼‍♂️
xXx-tina
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 7:47 am

The start was great, but the speed of the medley seemed to catch up to her.
That ANOM opening note was rough, but everything else was fine.

I LOVED the look.
Sapphire
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 8:10 am

YourBody1
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 8:13 am

Justice 4 lotus :shook:
Sapphire
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 8:17 am

StrippedtoBasics
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 8:35 am

janvinron wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 3:11 am

StrippedtoBasics wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 2:56 am

I mean, she's only hurting herself. It's her name and legacy and coins on the line. If her album underperforms, the public is pointing the finger at her. They probably don't even know what label she's on.

Christina just needs to hit refresh on all of this. She needs a new label, new creative team, and a new attitude herself.

She's had the same act for two decades. She's gotten complacent. I hope she's found Maria and that she's a bad bitch who's ready to slay in these next two decades.

Although I agree with you that she probably needs some new environment, I really don't understand why we have to go through this discussion over and over again. We can never do anything about it, it's up to her, so I don't get the point of discussing this in a thread dedicated to her NYE performance.

Because that's what you do on a fan message board. Talk about your favorite [insert topic] and what you like and what you'd like to see :)
Hocus Pocus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 8:39 am

'Literally singin' in the rain!' the Fall In Line hitmaker - who boasts 48.3M social media followers - wrote on Insta-story.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... ecial.html
:roll: :roll: ​​​​​​​ :music: ​​​​​​​
I Put a Spell on You
Hocus Pocus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 8:42 am

Last edited by Hocus Pocus on January 1st, 2019, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Put a Spell on You
Angela Merkel H8TR
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 8:44 am

STOPIT wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 2:37 am

The Mack. wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 2:31 am
She said so many "changes" will happen this year... Interested to see what that means.

Hopefully it means Liberation was the last RCA album and she's starting fresh somewhere else.

She can start over somewhere else but if she keeps the same energy then there will be no change. People really think RCA was the whole issue? She does what she wants. All we can do is pray that Liberation wet her whistle and she is ready to go hard and be a full time player again.

What same energy exactly? Because I’ve been seeing a truly refreshed and re-inspired Legend in 2018. The girl performed new material several times, went on a tour and just performed at one, if not the biggest show on NYE still 20+ years into her career yet here you guys are complaining as fucking usual.

This was NOT the right show to perform newer material. I didn’t see Mother Moo do that either. GP doesn’t give a crap about that on NYE. All they want are the classics they can sing and bop along to while drunk. Jesus fucking Christ this fanbase is her worst enemy sometimes.
Last edited by Angela Merkel H8TR on January 1st, 2019, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
STOPIT
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

It was OK. No harm done. The most folks will talk about was her outfit and not in a terrible way. She just needs some new uptempo music and she needs to go back to using that pop voice. It would have been so much better if she had a big CURRENT hit to move the crowd or perhaps a duet with a younger artist to wake up the young'ins. The medley songs were not that ambitious and there is no need to make them more complicated with the extra ad-libs, runs, and extra belts. I think she has a great tone but it lost when she belts and cuts the lyrics after going over timing slots with the notes.

The mic is made to amplify the voice and I wish she would let the mic do it's job more and let that beautiful tone shine a little more. She honestly also needs just needs a better musical director to to tighten up these live performances sound wise and arrange these songs a little better for performances and around what she can deliver consistently live. She always has the best backgrounds she could stand to rely on them a bit more to keep her breathing in check as well.
XtinaDaily
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

Hocus Pocus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 8:46 am

STOPIT wrote:
It was OK. No harm done. The most folks will talk about was her outfit and not in a terrible way. She just needs some new uptempo music and she needs to go back to using that pop voice. It would have been so much better if she had a big CURRENT hit to move the crowd or perhaps a duet with a younger artist to wake up the young'ins. The medley songs were not that ambitious and there is no need to make them more complicated with the extra ad-libs, runs, and extra belts. I think she has a great tone but it lost when she belts and cuts the lyrics after going over timing slots with the notes.

The mic is made to amplify the voice and I wish she would let the mic do it's job more and let that beautiful tone shine a little more. She honestly also needs just needs a better musical director to to tighten up these live performances sound wise and arrange these songs a little better for performances and around what she can deliver consistently live. She always has the best backgrounds she could stand to rely on them a bit more to keep her breathing in check as well.

well said!
I Put a Spell on You
STOPIT
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 8:48 am

XtinaDaily wrote:

We must always remember that the gen-pop is no where near as picky as us and she really has to muck it up to get them to drag her. They just appreciates she sings live these days and the fact that she did not "Mariah" A lot of singers would not have tried it in that weather and with such shaky sound. The echoing and other celebrations going on at the same time is such a difficult circumstance to deliver under.

Relax, she did fine!
Sapphire
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 10:23 am

the designer, made a custom pieces with Norma Kamali

Melissa
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 10:33 am

She looked like a dream. So beautiful. She sounded fine, it was raining. I think she did really well. Go X!
:love: Thanks Honeymouth for the beautiful avi.
CHINO
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 1st, 2019, 10:41 am

Good thing I've watched the performance first before reading some of the comments. Xtina delivered. Happy New Year, Fighters!