The Official May 5th Thread

Our laughs, excitements, and heartbreaks...
Heretostay23
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:16 pm

JERMAINE wrote:It was a beautiful beautiful performance. I'm not going into any details because that non disclosure is not a game. I got to say hi to Monique so I'm happy bout that but Christina sounded absolutely perfect
When I think Whitney I don't think rasp and growls, did She "Christina" the song or were they more whitneyesque vocals?

XtinaXson
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:17 pm

U guys are not ready for this lol it was so beautiful and it looks so real .. 3 more weeeks y'all see

Leonard Hofstadter
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:19 pm

JERMAINE wrote:It was a beautiful beautiful performance.  I'm not going into any details because that non disclosure is not a game.   I got to say hi to Monique so I'm happy bout that but Christina sounded absolutely perfect
how many songs did she sing?

LostSoul
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:20 pm

czr187 wrote:Cementing herself as THE voice even more by performing with the original
Yas she better take her place in history

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:21 pm

Omg what if she releases a studio version on iTunes? :icant: 

SEVINNYNE.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:22 pm

aaam every womaaan it's all in mee

The Right Man
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:23 pm

JERMAINE wrote:It was a beautiful beautiful performance.  I'm not going into any details because that non disclosure is not a game.   I got to say hi to Monique so I'm happy bout that but Christina sounded absolutely perfect
Whatt previous performances of hers were the vocals comparable to? 

SEVINNYNE.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:25 pm

PennyRae wrote:Omg what if she releases a studio version on iTunes? :icant: 
what is she pulls rachel dolezal next year, exposing Shelly cheating with an african american man and making a come back as the new Whitney Houston omg :icant:

XtinaXson
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:28 pm

LostSoul wrote:
czr187 wrote:Cementing herself as THE voice even more by performing with the original
Yas she better take her place in history

XtinaIsMyLifeAndSoul
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:28 pm

OMG :cry: sisters, where is the video. I need to hear the good sis sing that big note "NOTHINGGGGGGGGGG"

Darius.
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:31 pm

So, she sang I will Always Love you and Nana thought it was a new song?

Darius.
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:38 pm

Heretostay23 wrote:Consider me reaching...

Latina Magazine randomly posting about 12 year old Xtina singing I Have Nothing, the way she sang it during blinds and in her master class, the whole "timeless" music...

Everyone knows Christina can sing but I feel they're pushing a Christina comeback to the GP as Christina Aguilera the vocalist. Let's be honest, anyone can make a slut drop anthem, thats all the radio has been aside from Adele. But who has the VOICE anymore? Nobody.
This is what's important to me tbh. There aren't many vocal artist. Yes Adele and Arianna can sing but they aren't doing much we haven't seen before.

Stripped
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:43 pm

Darius. wrote:So, she sang I will Always Love you and Nana thought it was a new song?
No

Melissa
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:45 pm

I am sure she sounds INCREDIBLE. Christina singing Whitney will be so good! 

Darius.
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:45 pm

Stripped wrote:
Darius. wrote:So, she sang I will Always Love you and Nana thought it was a new song?
No
Okay. Follow up question. What did she sing?

Heretostay23
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:47 pm

Darius. wrote:
Heretostay23 wrote:Consider me reaching...

Latina Magazine randomly posting about 12 year old Xtina singing I Have Nothing, the way she sang it during blinds and in her master class, the whole "timeless" music...

Everyone knows Christina can sing but I feel they're pushing a Christina comeback to the GP as Christina Aguilera the vocalist. Let's be honest, anyone can make a slut drop anthem, thats all the radio has been aside from Adele. But who has the VOICE anymore? Nobody.
This is what's important to me tbh. There aren't many vocal artist. Yes Adele and Arianna can sing but they aren't doing much we haven't seen before.

Exactly. Christina's tone and delivery is undeniably the best since Whitney. It's about time she's put on that pedestal.
Plus I forgot to add that they saw how her impressions went viral, there's absolutely NO WAY this won't go viral as well.

Desnudate
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:51 pm

[center][youtube]tLB9g-e1wXs[/youtube][/center]
[center]Image[/center]

Stripped
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 10:51 pm

Darius. wrote:
Stripped wrote: No
Oops, I meant no to Nana thinking IWALY was the new song. I think Nana hearing a song and this performance are two different things.
Maybe I'm wrong, tho!

jayson_btcb
Fan @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 11:01 pm

Stripped wrote:
Darius. wrote:
Oops, I meant no to Nana thinking IWALY was the new song. I think Nana hearing a song and this performance are two different things.
Maybe I'm wrong, tho!
Nana jj heard a different song!!

Darius.
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Thanks y'all!!

SEVINNYNE.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 11:12 pm

To be honest I really dislike it when somebody's covering Whitney's songs. Her voice was truly one of a kind and had this unique quality to it. But I'm excited to see the performance. Ready to bawl my eyes out :cry: 
Last edited by SEVINNYNE. on May 5th, 2016, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HylinianFighter
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 11:21 pm

SEVINNYNE. wrote:To be honest I really dislike it when somebody's covering Whitney's songs. Her voice was truly one of a kind and had this unique quality to it. But I'm excited to see the performance. Ready to bawl my eyes out :cry: 
I agree. But if any of the pop girls can do her justice, it's Christina.
"In order to effect great change, we need to look at how we can help those in our own communities as well as globally."
-Christina Maria Aguilera

jf04816
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 11:25 pm

Well, Christina is the closest to Whitneys tone....and I have heard many singers try and fail. No one does it like Whitney but if I had a preference it would be Christina.

notgonnalie
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 11:29 pm

Yonka is punching a wall with hysterical screaming as we speak!!!!

Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

I hope The Voice do it right, like showing before the performance some "behind the scenes" of how the hologram is made, maybe some interview with her family, some words from Christina... it would be nice if people know that the all thing is respectfully done. 

SEVINNYNE.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

HylinianFighter wrote:
SEVINNYNE. wrote:To be honest I really dislike it when somebody's covering Whitney's songs. Her voice was truly one of a kind and had this unique quality to it. But I'm excited to see the performance. Ready to bawl my eyes out :cry: 
I agree. But if any of the pop girls can do her justice, it's Christina.
I just pray she doesn't over sing or does unnecessary ad-libs. It's not an Etta or Aretha song she's singing, so I hope she keeps it cute.

jf04816
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 11:30 pm

notgonnalie wrote:Yonka is punching a wall with hysterical screaming as we speak!!!!
She is only good for pu$$y popping and a horrible tone.....lol

HylinianFighter
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 11:42 pm

SEVINNYNE. wrote:
HylinianFighter wrote: I agree. But if any of the pop girls can do her justice, it's Christina.
I just pray she doesn't over sing or does unnecessary ad-libs. It's not an Etta or Aretha song she's singing, so I hope she keeps it cute.
I just hope she sang like she did in The Prayer.
"In order to effect great change, we need to look at how we can help those in our own communities as well as globally."
-Christina Maria Aguilera

Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 5th, 2016, 11:44 pm

HylinianFighter wrote:
SEVINNYNE. wrote: I just pray she doesn't over sing or does unnecessary ad-libs. It's not an Etta or Aretha song she's singing, so I hope she keeps it cute.
I just hope she sang like she did in The Prayer.
Exactly... i'm hoping for that clean and controlled vocal slayage.

Allure
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 6th, 2016, 12:32 am

just got outta work and am hypervintilating about to over medicate if someone doesnt spill some tea
We both can seduce but darling, you hold me prisoner...