Liberation: REVIEWS & CHART PERFORMANCE

I'd do it all again and won't think twice...
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 3rd, 2019, 4:36 pm

Dżarvis wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 4:29 pm

DevotionHURTS wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 3:16 pm

Based on what we've seen so far from The Xperience, it looks as if Liberation was used just as a way to bring her back to the charts and GP's eyes...

All the money is being used for the Vegas Residency. I am not mad about it, I just hope it is profitable enough so she may continue investing in music, PVs, etc. 

Well, congrats to her and her team then I guess since it clearly didn't work out. But I still refuse to believe that they would be that stupid. I think that she is not the one paying for Vegas shows realisation and that the promo actually makes sense because it's organised by people who organise her entire residency (not her team of experts) and want to earn some good money on it. 

Two Grammy nominations, 300K physical sales, and a 10-stops, almost sold out tour are hardly sings of "failure".

I don't think she spent that much on Liberation, not compared to previous eras. She must have found the best way to profit out of investing small. I do NOT blame her. That is in fact VERY smart, considering the fact that not even Ariana or Drake are making that much money out of music either.

Streaming is by far the meanest and harshest blow on the music biz in history. Artists barely make money out of music nowadays.
With more integrity than the entire music business combined ♥ Prettier than Rihanna ♥ Better singer than Yonka ♥ More iconic than Britney ♥ Edgier than P!nk ♥ More influential than JT ♥ Simply, effortless

Trolls can go and fuck themselves
Dżarvis
Reactions:

February 3rd, 2019, 6:03 pm

DevotionHURTS wrote:

Dżarvis wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 4:29 pm

Well, congrats to her and her team then I guess since it clearly didn't work out. But I still refuse to believe that they would be that stupid. I think that she is not the one paying for Vegas shows realisation and that the promo actually makes sense because it's organised by people who organise her entire residency (not her team of experts) and want to earn some good money on it.

Two Grammy nominations, 300K physical sales, and a 10-stops, almost sold out tour are hardly sings of "failure".

I don't think she spent that much on Liberation, not compared to previous eras. She must have found the best way to profit out of investing small. I do NOT blame her. That is in fact VERY smart, considering the fact that not even Ariana or Drake are making that much money out of music either.

Streaming is by far the meanest and harshest blow on the music biz in history. Artists barely make money out of music nowadays.

Apart of Grammy nominations they are also hardly sings of "success". You said that "Liberation was used just as a way to bring her back to the charts and GP's eyes" and I think that in such termas it was failure. The singles didn't even entered the charts and the GP didn't care from the start. She can't mark 20 milions views on Accelerate with girls like Ciara or Iggy Azalea being at 150 milions +... I wish her all the best but I don't think that it was a succesefull era in terms of a highly anticipated comeback. Many portals which were always there for her are not even bothering to report about her residency. She won't be supported by media forever based on her legacy only. Toni Braxton has undoubtely legendary catalogue but none of the mainstream media are there for her anymore. Of course I think Christina deserves all the best in the world and I will always support her.
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 3rd, 2019, 6:27 pm

Dżarvis wrote:

DevotionHURTS wrote:

Apart of Grammy nominations they are also hardly sings of "success". You said that "Liberation was used just as a way to bring her back to the charts and GP's eyes" and I think that in such termas it was failure. The singles didn't even entered the charts and the GP didn't care from the start. She can't mark 20 milions views on Accelerate with girls like Ciara or Iggy Azalea being at 150 milions +... I wish her all the best but I don't think that it was a succesefull era in terms of a highly anticipated comeback. Many portals which were always there for her are not even bothering to report about her residency. She won't be supported by media forever based on her legacy only. Toni Braxton has undoubtely legendary catalogue but none of the mainstream media are there for her anymore. Of course I think Christina deserves all the best in the world and I will always support her. 

FIL was a number 1 hit on iTunes in multiple countries. It sold many copies as well. If she didn't chart on Billboard, it was because they count mostly streaming numbers, and Christina is not a big streaming act.

Accelerate was just a buzz single, deal with it.

And last but not least, nobody, and I seriously mean nobody outside of pop forums knows/remembers who Ciara, Iggy, and sadly even Toni Braxton are...

Sorry dude, but Christina is WAAAAAY bigger than any of those you mentioned, whether you like it or not. Also, streaming numbers don't directly translate to money for the artists, so >>>>
With more integrity than the entire music business combined ♥ Prettier than Rihanna ♥ Better singer than Yonka ♥ More iconic than Britney ♥ Edgier than P!nk ♥ More influential than JT ♥ Simply, effortless

scorpion_badx
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 4th, 2019, 1:17 am

Ciawho
Toniwho
Iggywho

Christina Aguilera is Chrisrina aguilera.
Dżarvis
Reactions:

February 4th, 2019, 3:34 am

DevotionHURTS wrote:

Dżarvis wrote:

FIL was a number 1 hit on iTunes in multiple countries. It sold many copies as well. If she didn't chart on Billboard, it was because they count mostly streaming numbers, and Christina is not a big streaming act.

And last but not least, nobody, and I seriously mean nobody outside of pop forums knows/remembers who Ciara, Iggy, and sadly even Toni Braxton are...

Sorry dude, but Christina is WAAAAAY bigger than any of those you mentioned, whether you like it or not. Also, streaming numbers don't directly translate to money for the artists, so >>>>

I was not trying to convience you that Ciara, Iggy or Toni are bigger stars than X so I don't see your point? I said that although Christina undoubtely is a huge star she won't be getting media support forever without big successes on her account. Accelerate was just a buzz single so let's move from #124 in US to Fall in Line at #101. The song may hit number #1 on iTunes but the fact that it wasn't consiedered as one of the 100 most popular songs in america (aka Billboard Hot 100) remains. It sold around 30k in US? The views and streams are at 30 milion + so I'm sorry but it turnes out that although people know how big star Christina is they refuse to either buy or stream her music and they do that for Ciara or Iggy. Don't make it look like she was one of the most succesefulls records of 2018 please. Liberation was an artistic success for sure.
Dżarvis
Reactions:

February 4th, 2019, 3:43 am

Dżarvis wrote:

DevotionHURTS wrote:

I was not trying to convience you that Ciara, Iggy or Toni are bigger stars than X so I don't see your point? I said that although Christina undoubtely is a huge star she won't be getting media support forever without big successes on her account. Accelerate was just a buzz single so let's move from #124 in US to Fall in Line at #101. The song may hit number #1 on iTunes but the fact that it wasn't consiedered as one of the 100 most popular songs in america (aka Billboard Hot 100) remains. It sold around 30k in US? The views and streams are at 30 milion + so I'm sorry but it turnes out that although people know how big star Christina is they refuse to either buy or stream her music and they do that for Ciara's or Iggy's new songs. Don't make it look like she was one of the most succesefulls records of 2018 please. Liberation was an artistic success for sure.
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 4th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Dżarvis wrote:

DevotionHURTS wrote:

I was not trying to convience you that Ciara, Iggy or Toni are bigger stars than X so I don't see your point? I said that although Christina undoubtely is a huge star she won't be getting media support forever without big successes on her account. Accelerate was just a buzz single so let's move from #124 in US to Fall in Line at #101. The song may hit number #1 on iTunes but the fact that it wasn't consiedered as one of the 100 most popular songs in america (aka Billboard Hot 100) remains. It sold around 30k in US? The views and streams are at 30 milion + so I'm sorry but it turnes out that although people know how big star Christina is they refuse to either buy or stream her music and they do that for Ciara or Iggy. Don't make it look like she was one of the most succesefulls records of 2018 please. Liberation was an artistic success for sure. 

I am not trying to make it look as if Liberation was the most successful album of 2018... But it certainly wasn't a flop either.

It was an album that sold just about enough. It for sure made its money back, and then some, considering that they didn't spend much on promo (sadly for us)...

That being said, it reintroduced Christina to everyone, even her stans who NEEDED new music. And to be honest, it is on par of Stripped and B2B, so why would ANYONE be mad?

Xtinablues
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 4th, 2019, 7:45 pm

DevotionHURTS wrote:

Dżarvis wrote:

I am not trying to make it look as if Liberation was the most successful album of 2018... But it certainly wasn't a flop either.

It was an album that sold just about enough. It for sure made its money back, and then some, considering that they didn't spend much on promo (sadly for us)...

That being said, it reintroduced Christina to everyone, even her stans who NEEDED new music. And to be honest, it is on par of Stripped and B2B, so why would ANYONE be mad? 

It flopped by every metric. Burlesque is getting more streams daily than Liberation. But nothing will change if radio doesnt. She is new to streaming so its not like she has the possibility of smashing there first which will convince radio to spin her.

Due to her age she has to be successful on radio so that it translates to streams and sales.
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 4th, 2019, 9:46 pm

Xtinablues wrote:

DevotionHURTS wrote:

It flopped by every metric. Burlesque is getting more streams daily than Liberation. But nothing will change if radio doesnt. She is new to streaming so its not like she has the possibility of smashing there first which will convince radio to spin her.

Due to her age she has to be successful on radio so that it translates to streams and sales. 

Could you please show each and every single metric out there so you can actually prove your point.

I mentioned physical sales, a metric on which she is NOT flopping.

So please, enlighten us.

RingTheAlarm
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 5th, 2019, 12:39 am

DevotionHURTS wrote:

Xtinablues wrote:

Could you please show each and every single metric out there so you can actually prove your point.

So please, enlighten us. 

Girl do we really want to know how much Liberation actually sold if you take out the tour bundle? Let's not mess...
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 5th, 2019, 7:49 am

RingTheAlarm wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 12:39 am

DevotionHURTS wrote:

So please, enlighten us. 

Girl do we really want to know how much Liberation actually sold if you take out the tour bundle? Let's not mess...

A sale is a sale, I don't care if 50k come directly from redeemed ticket purchases.

DC10
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 5th, 2019, 4:03 pm

Christina took a 6 year break from music and then came back with arguably her best album since BTB, did a cute little era, TOURED for the first time in a decade and has just announced a Vegas residency. And we STILL have the same miserable bitches whinging about how it isn’t enough.
FranzJoseph
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 6th, 2019, 12:45 am

DC10 wrote:
Christina took a 6 year break from music and then came back with arguably her best album since BTB, did a cute little era, TOURED for the first time in a decade and has just announced a Vegas residency. And we STILL have the same miserable bitches whinging about how it isn’t enough.

Can you blame people when she never stepped foot outside america. Considering how 2/3's of her sales usually come form outside the USA it's kind of a shitty move on her part. Especially considering how shitty the USA is viewed by every other country in the world.
roguex
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 6th, 2019, 2:48 am

I'll be honest. I just like 3 songs out of Liberation.
Not in a million years Liberation is on par with Stripped or Back to Basics.
It also created 0 buzz, at least in Europe, but I think it put her name out there for a minute.

The Vegas residency will create more buzz for her. She's already promoting it more than her album.
Dżarvis
Reactions:

February 6th, 2019, 4:20 am

roguex wrote:

It also created 0 buzz, at least in Europe, but I think it put her name out there for a minute.

The Vegas residency will create more buzz for her. She's already promoting it more than her album.

I like 4 and I agree! Not a single one A-list radio station in UK played anything new from her but I guess that the same thing happened in US so the buzz generaly was not anywhere.
JaneNZ
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 6th, 2019, 4:24 am

Dżarvis wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 4:20 am

roguex wrote:

I like 4 and I agree! Not a single one A-list radio station in UK played anything new from her but I guess that the same thing happened in US so the buzz generaly was not anywhere.

Does she care ? No..so...thank you,next!
DC10
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 6th, 2019, 8:45 am

FranzJoseph wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 12:45 am

DC10 wrote:

Can you blame people when she never stepped foot outside america. Considering how 2/3's of her sales usually come form outside the USA it's kind of a shitty move on her part. Especially considering how shitty the USA is viewed by every other country in the world.

I’m disappointed she hasn’t toured the world yet, but bitching about album sales and radio play? Christina does not give a FUCK and hasn’t for a very long time. Anyone looking for chart success can go Stan for Ariana Grande or Adele.
Soar
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 6th, 2019, 10:20 am

Bitches stop. Legend Tina will always be a legend. Whatever you say. You're not Christina's owner. She is an artist and takes her risks and decisions. Accept it once and for all and stop fucking with the flop or the no flop. Grow up. Listen and enjoy the music. To look for successes, he is a fan of Arianna, to talk about sales, he is a fan of Adele, to talk about youth fun, he is a fan of Dua Lipa.
But if you're going to talk about legends, then yes, be fans of Xtina.

Love u haters.
My Existence has no expiration.
This is my LIBERATION.
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 6th, 2019, 2:58 pm

DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 6th, 2019, 3:00 pm

DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 6th, 2019, 3:01 pm

DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 6th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Xtinablues
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 8th, 2019, 5:22 pm

DevotionHURTS wrote:

Xtinablues wrote:

So please, enlighten us. 

Cmon lets be honest...

In terms of radio...none of her peers...or even predecessors flopped on radio the way she had. Madonna's last album, Mariah's "With You", Britney, Avril, Kelly. All their last album singles far surpassed Liberation singles in terms of radio play.

Streaming? FIL music video is currently averaging less than CHUD and Accelerate is at a measly 7000 per day, "por siempre tu" is even averaging more. 
Spotify? Burlesque is outstreaming it daily... Its getting terrible streams.
Album sales? It barely sales on the Top Album Sales chart which is just physical/digital copies and thats with bundles that continued to be redeemmed after the 1st week?

DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 8th, 2019, 5:30 pm

Xtinablues wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 5:22 pm

DevotionHURTS wrote:

So please, enlighten us. 

Cmon lets be honest...

In terms of radio...none of her peers...or even predecessors flopped on radio the way she had. Madonna's last album, Mariah's "With You", Britney, Avril, Kelly. All their last album singles far surpassed Liberation singles in terms of radio play.

Streaming? FIL music video is currently averaging less than CHUD and Accelerate is at a measly 7000 per day, "por siempre tu" is even averaging more.
Spotify? Burlesque is outstreaming it daily... Its getting terrible streams.
Album sales? It barely sales on the Top Album Sales chart which is just physical/digital copies and thats with bundles that continued to be redeemmed after the 1st week? 

Christina rarely (if ever) does payola, so duh, her music will not be played on radios. We've known that singe Bionic...

That being said, 300K and a tour with nearly zero promo is not bad at all...

DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 10th, 2019, 1:29 pm

DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 10th, 2019, 1:30 pm

DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 10th, 2019, 1:31 pm

The Right Man
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 10th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Liberation literally fell to #98 in its second week when tour bundles weren't counted and was OUT of the chart by its third week but it didn't flop by any metric :funny: yeah right

Tell me about how Liberation was supposed to bring her back to the charts and the GP again when FIL reaches 50M views on youtube. The NYE performance and that little promo she did a week ago to promote her residency did more to put her name out there again than the whole of Liberation. I think she only did that album as a personal challenge to prove to herself (and the fans) she can still put out good music, but it certainly wasn't to bring her back to GP's eyes, else they'd have handled that era differently.

pipe
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

February 10th, 2019, 6:51 pm

The Right Man wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 2:53 pm
Liberation literally fell to #98 in its second week when tour bundles weren't counted and was OUT of the chart by its third week but it didn't flop by any metric :funny: yeah right

Tell me about how Liberation was supposed to bring her back to the charts and the GP again when FIL reaches 50M views on youtube. The NYE performance and that little promo she did a week ago to promote her residency did more to put her name out there again than the whole of Liberation. I think she only did that album as a personal challenge to prove to herself (and the fans) she can still put out good music, but it certainly wasn't to bring her back to GP's eyes, else they'd have handled that era differently.

So what? Have you seen the charts lately? Selling over 70K in the US can't be considered a flop...

amoaxtina
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

February 12th, 2019, 9:17 am

do you think guys that Xtina needs to release another cover songs project like Burlesque? i mean, Burlesque album is getting good streams (better than Bionic, Lotus & Liberation)

do you think if she release this kind of album is good for her career at this point? 

STRIPPED                                                354 M
DEBUT (regular version, not expanded)   217 M
BACK TO BASICS                                     205 M
BURLESQUE (only xtina tracks)                159 M
MY KIND OF CHRISTMAS                         126 M
LOTUS (deluxe)                                       112 M
LIBERATION                                              92 M
BIONIC (deluxe)                                        80 M
MI REFLEJO                                               55 M
JUST BE FREE                                              0,7 M
Last edited by amoaxtina on February 12th, 2019, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gabriela Tafur, Señorita Colombia 2019 
@gabrielatafur
https://www.instagram.com/gabrielatafur/?hl=es-la