Liberation: REVIEWS & CHART PERFORMANCE

I'd do it all again and won't think twice...
The Right Man
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 5th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Dżarvis wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 5:23 pm
CRUNK. wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 4:37 pm
Lotus Never sold 1 Million :eek:
Lotus is certificated gold in the US and Canada. Liberation sold two times more outside US than in US so I think Lotus is at least around 1 million worldwide by this time. 
Sis Liberation barely charted outside of the US. It was the only market that made a splash. It did ok in Spain I guess.
pipe
Dżarvis
Reactions:

January 6th, 2019, 3:48 am

The Right Man wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 9:24 pm
Dżarvis wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 5:23 pm

Lotus is certificated gold in the US and Canada. Liberation sold two times more outside US than in US so I think Lotus is at least around 1 million worldwide by this time.
Sis Liberation barely charted outside of the US. It was the only market that made a splash. It did ok in Spain I guess.
Liberation sold around 300k copies worldwide and hasn't even marked 100k in US so there is no lie in what I have written, "sis". What splash are you talking about? It opened at #6 and fell to #98 following weak and left the chart completely after that.
Kamaotori
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 6th, 2019, 6:38 am

Lmao @ someone thinking Lotus sold 1 mln ww :laugh:
DofuS player  :music:
lurk
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 6th, 2019, 3:22 pm

DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 6th, 2019, 6:33 pm

lurk wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 3:22 pm
So we are getting closer to 300K WW. Not bad...
With more integrity than the entire music business combined ♥ Prettier than Rihanna ♥ Better singer than Yonka ♥ More iconic than Britney ♥ Edgier than P!nk ♥ More influential than JT ♥ Simply, effortless

Fuck trolls, haters, and fake fans
peggyboo69
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 6th, 2019, 7:01 pm

Liberation selling 300K worldwide is mostly due to actual fans how much more if she actually cared to promote the album. I mean she only performed FIL twice. 
Tuxedo Mask
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 6th, 2019, 7:58 pm

esse perfil não divulga os números do Liberation com Streams. Já deve ter passado dos 100K nos EUA faz tempo!
love&music
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 7th, 2019, 4:19 pm

89,000 copies pure sales with no promo... The SPS is like 120k 150k right??
amoaxtina
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 7th, 2019, 4:32 pm

We need she promotes in Grammys
Gabriela Tafur, Señorita Colombia 2019 
@gabrielatafur
https://www.instagram.com/gabrielatafur/?hl=es-la
unlessitswithchristina
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 9th, 2019, 7:38 am

Those numbers are mediocre for a superstar like her. She needs to PROMOTE!
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 9th, 2019, 10:38 am

unlessitswithchristina wrote:
They kind of are. But we don't know what she has in mind.
With more integrity than the entire music business combined ♥ Prettier than Rihanna ♥ Better singer than Yonka ♥ More iconic than Britney ♥ Edgier than P!nk ♥ More influential than JT ♥ Simply, effortless

Dżarvis
Reactions:

January 9th, 2019, 11:04 am

DevotionHURTS wrote:
I remember when I thought that her comeback will have 100k opening in US at least. I don't think that there are any huge plans in the making. She is probably releasing spanish record with minimal promo which can actually do better commercialy than Liberation due to her popularity in latin countries.
love&music
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 10th, 2019, 7:05 pm

Dżarvis wrote:
January 9th, 2019, 11:04 am
DevotionHURTS wrote:

I remember when I thought that her comeback will have 100k opening in US at least. I don't think that there are any huge plans in the making. She is probably releasing spanish record with minimal promo which can actually do better commercialy than Liberation due to her popularity in latin countries.
I don't know why RCA knowing how popular she is in latin american didn't release spanish version of You Lost Me, Just a Fool ( with Alejandro) and Twice or Unless its with you.

They tried it with Get Mine , get Yours....

Sales of the albums and WW SPS would be huge!
Birds of Prey
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 10th, 2019, 8:58 pm

Exactly. Except the thing is that after Bionic, Xtina doesn't care about commercial success anymore. She's knows that she's an established artist and all, but at this rate she's going to keep diminishing in sales with every new album. It's basically the Fighters, other stanbases, and a select few from the GP that tuned in to Liberation. These one-week long eras of promo aren't enough, not to mention the fact that she hasn't promoted an album overseas since Back to Basics, pairing this with RCA being a cheap label that doesn't fund or do anything to help sell the album causes these numbers as a result. It's sad because Liberation has plenty of gems that people would love if they only knew about them.

She's way too talented to not be smashing at the top of every chart available. Us stans can only do so much to help sales.
Christina Aguilera = the hits
Stripped = the impact
Back to Basics = the acclaim
Luis
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 11th, 2019, 11:09 pm

I don't understand why she releases material she's not going to promote.

What's the point?

Support Liberation

Accelerate
https://youtu.be/DSRSgMp5X1w

Fall In Line
https://youtu.be/3Q2j5ApzSqs

Like I Do (Lyric Video)
https://youtu.be/aVG0Iz1jL08

LIBERATION ON ITUNES
http://smarturl.it/CxAxLx/itunes?iQid=yt
Dżarvis
Reactions:

January 12th, 2019, 3:47 am

Luis wrote:

What's the point?

Promotion costs money. She is preparing material on her own terms and clearly with no deadline at all. I'm not suprised that her record label is not treating her as their primary target. There was no more promotion because there was no intrest from the public. She released colaborations with most currently relevant producers/artists as singles from the album and hadn't even entered the Hot 100 this era. It's obvious that the album would have done somehow better with more promo but I'm sure that for her label there were other more payable projects to invest in. I don't blame her for doing things on her own terms but each and every flop lowers the chances for getting budget/sponsor for the awaited proper promo for her next project.
wellokaythen
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 12th, 2019, 3:59 am

Dżarvis wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 3:47 am
Luis wrote:

What's the point?

Promotion costs money. She is preparing material on her own terms and clearly with no deadline at all. I'm not suprised that her record label is not treating her as their primary target. There was no more promotion because there was no intrest from the public. She released colaborations with most currently relevant producers/artists as singles from the album and hadn't even entered the Hot 100 this era. It's obvious that the album would have done somehow better with more promo but I'm sure that for her label there were other more payable projects to invest in. I don't blame her for doing things on her own terms but each and every flop lowers the chances for getting budget/sponsor for the awaited proper promo for her next project. 
Legend is worth approx. $200 million. She could have just paid for the promo herself if she really wanted to.

I feel like she just doesn't want to play the game anymore and hates doing promo shit...and she either doesn't really care or doesn't realise that unfortunately an unwillingness to "playing the game" has consequences even for someone as iconic as her.
JaneNZ
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 12th, 2019, 1:20 pm

It seems like you are still living in the 90s lol
Promoting your music doesn't matter anymore. Now it's all about streaming and being in the right playlist.
The only thing she's doing wrong is not being "present" overseas. She could have easily sold more by only visiting each country with the tour. But,you know, now she has other goals in her life and we only have to deal with it :)
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 12th, 2019, 2:06 pm

JaneNZ wrote:
Promoting your music doesn't matter anymore. Now it's all about streaming and being in the right playlist.
The only thing she's doing wrong is not being "present" overseas. She could have easily sold more by only visiting each country with the tour. But,you know, now she has other goals in her life and we only have to deal with it :)
She still can tour worldwide with Liberation.

Dżarvis
Reactions:

January 12th, 2019, 3:00 pm

JaneNZ wrote:

Then what to do if you are not in the right playlist lol
Birds of Prey
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 13th, 2019, 3:22 am

As of today, Liberation's most listened to on Spotify:

FIL = 34M
"Accelerate" = 15M
"Twice" = 8M

Again, UIWY (5M) having more streams than LID (4.9M) despite only being an album track and receiving zero promo/video treatment (unlike LID) is interesting to see. Definitely a song with potential to pop if given the opportunity.

Keep streaming and spreading the word y'all.
Stripped = the impact
Ardent
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 13th, 2019, 8:40 am

Birds of Prey wrote:
As of today, Liberation's most listened to on Spotify:

FIL = 34M
"Accelerate" = 15M
"Twice" = 8M

Again, UIWY (5M) having more streams than LID (4.9M) despite only being an album track and receiving zero promo/video treatment (unlike LID) is interesting to see. Definitely a song with potential to pop if given the opportunity.

The song could have 100 million streams and Queen will pay it dust. 
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 14th, 2019, 11:03 am

Ardent wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 8:40 am
Birds of Prey wrote:
As of today, Liberation's most listened to on Spotify:

FIL = 34M
"Accelerate" = 15M
"Twice" = 8M

The song could have 100 million streams and Queen will pay it dust. 
It is so sad to see such a masterpiece go to waste! :cry:

love&music
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 15th, 2019, 12:48 pm

UNLESS ITS WITH YOU......the potential !
Accelerated
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 17th, 2019, 5:21 pm

US pure album sales: 90k -via chartdata
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 17th, 2019, 5:41 pm

Accelerated wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 5:21 pm
US pure album sales: 90k -via chartdata
True. So she's sold like 90 times the amount of albums than the current number 1 :laughing: Oh wow, it is so sad Christina is always blocked from the top spot. Anyways...

Cockiness.Red
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 17th, 2019, 7:35 pm

Any WW update??
DevotionHURTS DC
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 17th, 2019, 8:18 pm

Cockiness.Red wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 7:35 pm
Any WW update??
No but, it should be around 303K and 305k by now.

XLove
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

January 18th, 2019, 1:41 am

I'd be curious to know what the business strategy is behind releasing multiple 'buzz' singles vs releasing a solo single.
Birds of Prey
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

January 18th, 2019, 2:30 am

So Liberation is selling about 1k copies every 3 weeks in pure within the U.S. according to that chartdata update. I would like to see the next WW update with SPS included, though.
Stripped = the impact