Liberation, the new album by Christina Aguilera.

Discuss Liberation, one track at a time.
jorge.
K I N G
K I N G
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 12:26 am

What did you think of the album as a whole?
Regrets collect like old friends / Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see no way / And all of the ghouls come out to play
And every demon wants his pound of flesh / But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues strong / It's always darkest before the dawn
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 12:36 am

I will definitely have to reorder the tracklist.

The flow is not very good; I understand the 3/5 notes.

Still, Liberation does not disappoint. She truly created something special and very personal.

-

Dear Christina,
BooBooKitty
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 12:39 am

Notthingham wrote:

Still, Liberation does not disappoint. She truly created something special and very personal.

-

Dear Christina,
The 3/5 has nothing to do with the trackless order though. All of them have two random songs they don't like. Accelerate and Like I Do or Pipe and Right Moves...or the ballads.
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 12:53 am

BooBooKitty wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 12:39 am
Notthingham wrote:

-

Dear Christina,
The 3/5 has nothing to do with the trackless order though. All of them have two random songs they don't like. Accelerate and Like I Do or Pipe and Right Moves...or the ballads.
Those reviews mentioned a certain lack of balance, too.
wellokaythen
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 12:56 am

It's phenomenal, the best album she's ever released.
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 12:57 am

I haven't sorted my whole tracklist yet but:

1. Searching for Maria
2. Maria
X. Liberation (intro)
X. Fall in Line
15. Unless It's with You
VixenRose
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 12:57 am

I can't wait to listen to it. Not long now.
X6 - the urban legend since 2014.
on june 15th X6 was finally upgrated to excisting status and we were all Liberated from anticipating and speculating
TheVoice
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 1:06 am

It's... short. It feels over before it begins.

I'm coming off my first listen. I've only heard each song once. I'm in a weird place. She made me feel t-h-i-n-g-s so I'm kind of numb right now, ngl.

1- Deserve
2- Unless It's With You
3- Like I Do
4- Twice
5- Fall In Line
6- Pipe
7- Accelerate
8- Maria
9- Sick of Sitting
10- Masochist
11- Right Moves

But ask me in 10 minutes and I'm sure it will be different.
Last edited by TheVoice on June 14th, 2018, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Liberation Reaction Vid :fan:
https://youtu.be/KgM5lJMiG2o
BooBooKitty
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 1:12 am

TheVoice wrote:

I'm coming off my first listen. I've only heard each song once. I'm in a weird place. She made me feel t-h-i-n-g-s so I'm kind of numb right now, ngl.

1- Deserve
2- Unless It's With You
3- Like I Do
4- Twice
5- Fall In Line
6- Pipe
7- Masochist
8- Maria
9- Sick of Sitting
10- Masochist
11- Right Moves

Accelerate?

Masochist is on twice ol
TheVoice
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 1:13 am

BooBooKitty wrote:
TheVoice wrote:

1- Deserve
2- Unless It's With You
3- Like I Do
4- Twice
5- Fall In Line
6- Pipe
7- Accelerate
8- Maria
9- Sick of Sitting
10- Masochist
11- Right Moves

Accelerate?

Masochist is on twice ol
Sis, I'm still shaking. Accelerate at #7. But I'm already feeling like Maria is too low. lol
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 1:26 am

TheVoice wrote:
BooBooKitty wrote:

Accelerate?

Masochist is on twice ol
Sis, I'm still shaking. Accelerate at #7. But I'm already feeling like Maria is too low. lol
It is too low, sis.

Enter The Circus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 1:28 am

TheVoice wrote:

1- Deserve
2- Unless It's With You
3- Like I Do
4- Twice
5- Fall In Line
6- Pipe
7- Accelerate
8- Maria
9- Sick of Sitting
10- Masochist
11- Right Moves

REPORTED.
TheVoice
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 1:36 am

Notthingham wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 1:26 am
TheVoice wrote:
It is too low, sis.

Enter The Circus wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 1:28 am
TheVoice wrote:

1- Deserve
2- Unless It's With You
3- Like I Do
4- Twice
5- Fall In Line
6- Pipe
7- Accelerate
8- Maria
9- Sick of Sitting
10- Masochist
11- Right Moves

REPORTED.
LMAO.

How was I supposed to know?
That it would cost my soul
Nothing is free
I wanna breathe out

Sorry sisters. I'm just overwhelmed and the Queen is not letting me think straight.
beto
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 1:50 am

9/10

stripped and back to basics have company now.
Lorehn
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 1:54 am

Let me just first say that Stripped will always by my number one fave. It's raw and was exactly what I needed to hear when I was growing up and made such a huge impact on my life.

THAT BEING SAID.

This album is my number two. I love her debut album. Her Christmas album. I love B2B, I love Bionic. Heck I even love most of Lotus. But this.. jesus THIS IS A VISION OF ART.

I was not expecting the beat of some of these songs, which I will go further into on their threads. Some of the songs I thought I would love the most are actually at the bottom of my list and some I thought I wouldn't care too much for got moved to the top (Hello, SoS).

What I find most incredible about this album is not only its cohesiveness in telling a story, but that every. single. song. has a different sound and it sounds AMAZING. I don't know another artist that could do that and pull it off.

Another thing that snatched my wig is her vocals. She didn't even sound like herself on some of these songs, in a REALLY good way. She sounds younger, like she found a new voice. She found Maria? I don't know.

Just.. wow. This is totally the masterpiece we have been waiting for for the past 6 years and it was WELL worth the wait. It's beautiful. Amazing. And I really, really hope that we get to hear other tracks that were scrapped from the album in the future because I feel like we are missing out on some hidden gems.
Fighter // Little Monster // Lanatic // Rihanna Army // Animal // Hooligan // XO Crew
[and more]

Section C, Row J, Seat 115
:love: smile, cry later. :love:
(don't worry about tomorrow)

I do custom avis, just message me!
Lorehn
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 1:57 am

Also, I want to add that she gave us SO much more insight into the album in her "Where is Maria?" video than I thought she did. SO MANY sneak peeks and we had no idea! Or at least I didn't. I was shocked when I heard the intro to Pipe.
Fighter // Little Monster // Lanatic // Rihanna Army // Animal // Hooligan // XO Crew
[and more]

Section C, Row J, Seat 115
:love: smile, cry later. :love:
(don't worry about tomorrow)

I do custom avis, just message me!
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 2:04 am

The production goes so fucking hard.
Ozzy
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 3:03 am

truly a magical moment in her musical career. The first album of her’s I truly loved from beginning to end. But “Liberation” is the wrong name for this album. This should be titled “Searching for Maria” or simply “Maria”
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 3:06 am

Ozzy wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 3:03 am
But “Liberation” is the wrong name for this album. This should be titled “Searching for Maria” or simply “Maria”
No.
ajspinelli
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 3:10 am

I sobbed for the first 10 minutes. It’s incredible. My favourites on first listen have to be Maria, right moves and masochist but I know that can all change and Christina’s music has layers that can take over your soul
Andreita
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 3:15 am

I simply love the album.
CurtisRussel
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 5:20 am

Okay Imma be honest. This is shaping up to be my favourite Xtina album (and will eventually replace B2B) as my number one.

I love love love DESERVE and UIWY.

that said I could do without Sick of Sitting and all the other interludes. If I advised Xtina on the tracklist, it would have been this.

1. Liberation
2. Maria (Intro Merged)
3. Fall In Line
4. Right Moves
5. Like I Do
6. Accelerate
7. Pipe
8. Masochist
9. Deserve
10. Twice
11. Unless It's With You

(Looks more cohesive, right) But overall, I am very happy with the album. Queen did that.
F.L.O.P.
TheVoice
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 11:20 am

CurtisRussel wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 5:20 am
Okay Imma be honest. This is shaping up to be my favourite Xtina album (and will eventually replace B2B) as my number one.

I love love love DESERVE and UIWY.

that said I could do without Sick of Sitting and all the other interludes. If I advised Xtina on the tracklist, it would have been this.

1. Liberation
2. Maria (Intro Merged)
3. Fall In Line
4. Right Moves
5. Like I Do
6. Accelerate
7. Pipe
8. Masochist
9. Deserve
10. Twice
11. Unless It's With You

(Looks more cohesive, right) But overall, I am very happy with the album. Queen did that.
Kind of love this flow. No need to combine Maria into one but still think this is good!!
jaieden
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 11:27 am

My fav in order:

1- Deserve (this and UIWY deserve to be official singles with proper MVs!)
2- Unless It's With You (Got me tearing me up reminiscing The Right Man)
3- Twice
4- Fall In Line
5- Like I Do
6- Maria
7- Right Moves
8- Accelerate
9- Pipe
10- Masochist
11- Sick of Sittin’ (sorry I tried giving it a 3rd & 4th listen but still can’t get into it. Everything from Bionic and Lotus is even better than this IMO).
Kitana maria
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 12:09 pm

I really like the album! It’s her most cohesive body of work. I absolutely love how she demonstrates so many textures of her voice, unlike anything she’s done before. She also explored a variety of different genres and styles so there’s something for everyone, yet they all feel like genuine facets of Christina’s persona. However, too many of the songs are just sort of boring; they’re either kind of generic or don’t go anywhere interesting.

I still need more time to digest it before I decide how I feel.
Du Soleil
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Can I cry over this album? It's so good. I wish my physical copy is here.

Thank you Christina.
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 1:58 pm

Liberation will inspire a new crop of singers, that's for sure.

Crystal
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 3:11 pm

Y E S
Ragnarsson
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 3:12 pm

We waited. We waited. And then we waited some more. Six years went by. Six years is an eternity, especially in pop music. How do you come back from that? How do you address such a hiatus? How does an album live up to the hype built up during more than half a decade? Liberation is Christina's long overdue answer to those questions. And what an answer it is.

The album opens with the title track, Liberation, a beautiful, bittersweet instrumental introduction that keeps building up and adding more instruments and dramatic layers throughout. And then she speaks. "Where are you? Are you there?" - these are the first words uttered by Christina in her comeback album. Right away, she introduces the main theme for the album - she lost her way and she wants to reconnect, to find herself. At the end, she cryptically says "remember".

The instrumental fades away and we go back in time, to Christina's childhood. Searching for Maria, track #2, is a subdued acapella rendition of The Sound of Music's iconic track, Maria. The original song is happy, cheerful. Christina's rendition, however, is anything but that. It's sad, it's somber, it's vulnerable. She is searching for something she lost - herself. Her voice echoes and fades at the end, just as we enter track #3, Maria.

Maria is a highlight. This is Christina directly addressing her absence and the last six years. She lost herself and she is desperately calling out to herself. "Where, where, where is Maria? Why, why, why don't I see her?". The song itself is stellar, with some of the most powerful lyrics she ever belted out and an underlying amazing production: this song has everything you didn't know you needed, from Christina's desperate cries, a Jackson 5 sample, stirring violins, a relentless bass, discreet vocal harmonies, to a somber, quieter ending section, more akin in tone to the intro that preceded it. "Don't run away", Christina quietly pleads at the end. What exactly led her to this?

In the following track, Sick of Sittin', she starts to answer that question while, at the same time, freeing herself from the shackles that bound her. Christina is literally "sick of sittin'", she is tired of "fake shit" and she "doesn't need it anymore". As you probably can surmise, it seems directly and fully addressed to her stint on The Voice - she seems to feel like The Voice took a huge creative, personal toll on her and made her lose her spark. The song, from beginning to end, just doesn't let go - this is Christina venting her rage, belting her pent-up anger away. The song is classic rock, through and through, for better or worse - some people may find it a bit repetitive, personally I find it cathartic.

The next couple of tracks give us another insight into her mindset, and complement the previous track's answer. Track #5, Dreamers, is a cute interlude, with little girls just stating their dreams and goals. Once again, Christina goes back to the theme of "childhood". What follows is track #6, Fall in Line, featuring Demi Lovato. Christina right away directs the song at those "little girls", who are just like her, and she asks them to "listen closely". Besides being a very strong female empowerment anthem, it also refers to her career - she wasn't made to fall in line, she wasn't meant to be just another cookie-cutter popstar, used and abused by the powers that be. She won't sing what others want or expect her to. She has "the right to speak [her] mind", and she wants everyone to know that - especially all those growing up, who may not feel as empowered as she does. Fall in Line is a classy, timeless pop anthem, sung by two amazing vocalists who just give it their all. Another standout track in this album.

In the first six tracks, Christina went deep into her mindset and purged all the bad feelings that she was building up inside her. Having liberated herself from those chains, she now needs to reclaim her artistry, to reconnect with "Maria"... and to have fun making some great music. Right Moves, track #7, coming right after Fall in Line, is the first step towards that reconnection. Featuring Keida and Shenseea, it's a reggae sounding track, with Caribbean vibes, and it's a very fun, chill, sexy song. It's not one of my personal favorites, but it's still a cool track nevertheless.

Like I Do, track #8, is another playful, amazing track. Featuring GoldLink, it's an infectious song, with an intoxicating beat and some of the most self-confident lyrics ever sung by Christina. That little laugh at the end and the adlibs throughout really hit home how much she is enjoying the creative process. One of the album's highlights, personally.

Deserve, track #9, is a nice song - it's the first one in this album that, given its themes, could have been played straight as a ballad. However, Christina doesn't go there, she is having too much fun playing with different sounds and textures and once again she does exactly that. Deserve has an addictive, dreamlike quality to it. MNEK's vocals also add to that feeling, only being there as an "echo" of sorts. The more I listen to it, the more I appreciate it. A ballad, however, comes right after, to wash away our sins. Twice, track #10, is a redemption song of sorts. Christina comes to terms with everything that's happened to her in this amazing, stripped-down ballad, as she finds emotional liberation.

At first, one may find I Don't Need It Anymore's placement weird. However, this interlude seems to be a final statement of sorts: she is finally there, creatively. She found herself. She's "alive again". "Can you feel it?". And oh boy, are we about to feel it. Accelerate, track #12, featuring Ty Dolla $ign and 2 Chainz, is one of the most daring pop songs created this decade. It's different, it's catchy, it's weird as fuck, it's fun, it's the very definition of creative liberation, it's just full of life. One of this album's best songs.

The next track, is another creative and artistic departure. In Pipe, track #13, a song featuring the mysterious XNDA (probably Lewis Hamilton), Christina is exploring other vocal textures, putting that amazing mixed register of hers to great use. It's probably the sexiest song in the album. Another grower. Masochist, the following track, like Deserve, could have been another simple, formulaic ballad, but Christina once again refuses to go there. The production is simple but gives it "something" special. Good song.

And finally, we arrive at Unless It's With You, track #15. We've been hearing about this song for quite some time... but honestly, who could have imagined it would be this good? It's one of the most beautiful songs Christina's ever recorded. Beautiful arrangement, amazing vocals, heartfelt lyrics... it moves me to tears almost every single time. I'm listening to it as I write this and it's just such a powerful statement that once again tears are running down my face. At the end of the day, love is Liberation, Liberation is love. It's the most obvious and beautiful finisher for an album about finding oneself.

All in all, this is one of Christina's best albums - right up there with Stripped and Back to Basics. She is back, y'all... she really is back...
My existence has no expiration. This is my liberation. This is our liberation.
badgalx
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

June 14th, 2018, 3:19 pm

do u guys think they will release album on youtube?

Poslano sa mog Redmi 4 koristeći Tapatalk

:fighter_cat: