13. Pipe (featuring XNDA)

Discuss Liberation, one track at a time.
Post Reply
User avatar
czr187
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 8288
Joined: 24 February 2016

June 16th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Have the lyrics been posted cuz the ones I found online are really incorrect
ʎɹɔ oʇ ʇɟǝl sɹɐǝʇ ou
User avatar
Enter The Circus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 2925
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 31

June 16th, 2018, 4:02 pm

czr187 wrote:
June 16th, 2018, 2:57 pm
Have the lyrics been posted cuz the ones I found online are really incorrect
Genius posted them.

https://genius.com/Christina-aguilera-pipe-lyrics
User avatar
czr187
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 8288
Joined: 24 February 2016

June 16th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Enter The Circus wrote:
June 16th, 2018, 4:02 pm
czr187 wrote:
June 16th, 2018, 2:57 pm
Have the lyrics been posted cuz the ones I found online are really incorrect
Genius posted them.

https://genius.com/Christina-aguilera-pipe-lyrics
Yeah those are the ones that are incorrect/incomplete

“[?] highline
Walked in on the list, fuck a go sign”

And there are other parts a bit off
ʎɹɔ oʇ ʇɟǝl sɹɐǝʇ ou
User avatar
Lorehn
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 432
Joined: 06 April 2017
Age: 30

June 16th, 2018, 6:27 pm

@czr187 The bold are the ones I fixed but Martiney typed them up originally
Thanks to @Donno for the high line parts
Martiney wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 8:14 pm
Pipe

I get loud when you put that pipe down, pipe down, pipe down
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now
Got me stunting for you all across town, cross town, cross town
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now

I just sent a driver he’s on his way
Shouldn’t be no traffic on this time on Saturday
i just left a lituation poppin’ by The High Line
walk’d in, no list, fuck a co-sign

Make sure that you're checking on your text
Tryna hurry up and get my body out this dress
Yeah I’m stingy with my money and my own time
But when it comes to you I’m always on time

I need some receipts
Of all the shit you said you was gon be doing to me last week
Yeah I need some receipts
Gotta couple secrets that id really like to see if you could keep
Damn boy you remind me of my G

I get loud when you put that pipe down, pipe down, pipe down
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now
Got me stunting for you all across town, cross town, cross town
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now

Don’t you know, don’t you know
That I got that ra ra ra rock your boat
Better make it splash like Geronimo
If you don’t like it fast I can take it slow
Wanna show you how much I missed ya
My schedule flexible so I switched up
Permanent vacation we should go away
Way too much for me to want to throw away

Hoping that you're racing through the signs
I got a surprise and it ain’t even valentines
Even if you ain’t just say you are for peace of mind
Know you got it all but you should have a piece of mine

I get loud when you put that pipe down, pipe down, pipe down
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now
Got me stunting for you all across town, cross town, cross town
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now

[Lewis Hamilton]
You know I got a wild imagination
I like to play the doctor, operation
Spread it on the bed like a patient
I'm about to show you domination
Got that nana dripping like a waterfall (drip, drip)
Ooh nana good, I could eat it all (eat it up)
I'ma dive in, touch your ocean floor
You already know what you came here for
You know that I'm grown and I'm 'bout it (and I'm 'bout it)
And I know what to do with your body (with your body)
And every single time that you drop it
Trust me, I know what to do with it


I get loud when you put that pipe down, pipe down, pipe down
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now
Got me stunting for you all across town, cross town, cross town
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now
Fighter // Little Monster // Lanatic // Rihanna Army // Animal // Hooligan // XO Crew
[and more]

Section C, Row J, Seat 115
:love: smile, cry later. :love:
(don't worry about tomorrow)

I do custom avis, just message me!
User avatar
czr187
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 8288
Joined: 24 February 2016

June 16th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Lorehn wrote:
June 16th, 2018, 6:27 pm
@czr187 The bold are the ones I fixed but Martiney typed them up originally
Thanks to @Donno for the high line parts
Martiney wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 8:14 pm
Pipe

I get loud when you put that pipe down, pipe down, pipe down
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now
Got me stunting for you all across town, cross town, cross town
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now

I just sent a driver he’s on his way
Shouldn’t be no traffic on this time on Saturday
i just left a lituation poppin’ by The High Line
walk’d in, no list, fuck a co-sign

Make sure that you're checking on your text
Tryna hurry up and get my body out this dress
Yeah I’m stingy with my money and my own time
But when it comes to you I’m always on time

I need some receipts
Of all the shit you said you was gon be doing to me last week
Yeah I need some receipts
Gotta couple secrets that id really like to see if you could keep
Damn boy you remind me of my G

I get loud when you put that pipe down, pipe down, pipe down
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now
Got me stunting for you all across town, cross town, cross town
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now

Don’t you know, don’t you know
That I got that ra ra ra rock your boat
Better make it splash like Geronimo
If you don’t like it fast I can take it slow
Wanna show you how much I missed ya
My schedule flexible so I switched up
Permanent vacation we should go away
Way too much for me to want to throw away

Hoping that you're racing through the signs
I got a surprise and it ain’t even valentines
Even if you ain’t just say you are for peace of mind
Know you got it all but you should have a piece of mine

I get loud when you put that pipe down, pipe down, pipe down
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now
Got me stunting for you all across town, cross town, cross town
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now

[Lewis Hamilton]
You know I got a wild imagination
I like to play the doctor, operation
Spread it on the bed like a patient
I'm about to show you domination
Got that nana dripping like a waterfall (drip, drip)
Ooh nana good, I could eat it all (eat it up)
I'ma dive in, touch your ocean floor
You already know what you came here for
You know that I'm grown and I'm 'bout it (and I'm 'bout it)
And I know what to do with your body (with your body)
And every single time that you drop it
Trust me, I know what to do with it


I get loud when you put that pipe down, pipe down, pipe down
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now
Got me stunting for you all across town, cross town, cross town
I wanna celebrate you right now, right now, right now
Thank you!!
ʎɹɔ oʇ ʇɟǝl sɹɐǝʇ ou
Antonio
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 565
Joined: 27 February 2016
Age: 28

June 16th, 2018, 7:24 pm

This is the closest Xtina has sounded as Janet Jackson. A real slow jam.

Sex For Breakfast is fuming.
User avatar
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 3485
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 27

June 16th, 2018, 9:09 pm

Currently obsessed with it.

The moaning...

IMMA NEED SOME RECEIPTS TOO

Image
User avatar
Hocus Pocus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 2254
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 99

June 16th, 2018, 9:53 pm

So is it Lewis Hamilton? LOL, sexy voice.
I Put a Spell on You
User avatar
106th
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1897
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 33

June 16th, 2018, 11:58 pm

we still have no idea who XNDA is... in the CD booklet credits it says "XNDA appears courtesy of Blacksmith" ....but Blacksmith records is the label of rappers Talib Kweli, Jean Grae, Vince Staples etc... no one named XNDA, lol
User avatar
Sean 97
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 78
Joined: 25 February 2016

June 17th, 2018, 10:09 am

Tinashe found dead and buried
User avatar
Thainus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 772
Joined: 26 February 2016
Age: 30

June 17th, 2018, 11:10 am

George wrote:
June 15th, 2018, 2:40 pm
Angela Merkel wrote:
June 15th, 2018, 4:50 am
What interests me more is, if it’s him, how did she came to the idea? It’s super super interesting
He commented “Was great to see you again 🙌🏾🙏🏾💜” on her Baku insta pics so they know each other.
Some time ago, Hamilton mentioned he was thinking into going into R&B and he presented his stuff to Pharrell and Kanye, and we know that Christina has worked with both of them (even though poor Pharrell got scrapped).

I still have no idea whether this XNDA person is an acutal rapper or a DJ or what, the credits only mention "vocals courtesy of Blacksmith" and I don't know wtf is Blacksmith. So it's all very shady.

I hope it's Hamilton, though. That would be interesting.

Antonio
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 565
Joined: 27 February 2016
Age: 28

June 17th, 2018, 11:31 am

Notthingham wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 10:53 pm

Liberation's Sex For Breakfast.

Image
Image

This is faaaaar better.
User avatar
Notthingham
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 3485
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 27

June 17th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Antonio wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 11:31 am
Notthingham wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 10:53 pm

Liberation's Sex For Breakfast.

Image
Image

This is faaaaar better.
SFB is amazing.
User avatar
Hocus Pocus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 2254
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 99

June 17th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Thainus wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 11:10 am
George wrote:
June 15th, 2018, 2:40 pm
He commented “Was great to see you again 🙌🏾🙏🏾💜” on her Baku insta pics so they know each other.
Some time ago, Hamilton mentioned he was thinking into going into R&B and he presented his stuff to Pharrell and Kanye, and we know that Christina has worked with both of them (even though poor Pharrell got scrapped).

I still have no idea whether this XNDA person is an acutal rapper or a DJ or what, the credits only mention "vocals courtesy of Blacksmith" and I don't know wtf is Blacksmith. So it's all very shady.

I hope it's Hamilton, though. That would be interesting.


But i don't get it, why does he want his identity hidden from the credits of the song?
I Put a Spell on You
User avatar
Crystal
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 14063
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 24

June 17th, 2018, 2:15 pm

Ok this is my fave track off the album by far. It's so fucking beautiful
avatar by dinvy!
User avatar
Thainus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 772
Joined: 26 February 2016
Age: 30

June 17th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Hocus Pocus wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 12:42 pm
Thainus wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 11:10 am


Some time ago, Hamilton mentioned he was thinking into going into R&B and he presented his stuff to Pharrell and Kanye, and we know that Christina has worked with both of them (even though poor Pharrell got scrapped).

I still have no idea whether this XNDA person is an acutal rapper or a DJ or what, the credits only mention "vocals courtesy of Blacksmith" and I don't know wtf is Blacksmith. So it's all very shady.

I hope it's Hamilton, though. That would be interesting.


But i don't get it, why does he want his identity hidden from the credits of the song?
No idea. It doesn't make much sense unless it's a surprise reveal, or that's the name he's going with as a singer.
Anyways, there's high chances this XNDA guy turns out to be a random rapper Christina picked up from lord knows where.
But it's really surprising she'd go for someone so unknown.

I don't know, there's just something weird about this track.
User avatar
DanielO
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 345
Joined: 25 February 2016

June 17th, 2018, 6:18 pm

This is the song on the album that really took me off guard. Such a cool R & B jam, classic really. It reminds me of how, when Back To Basics was first released, I would wish that tracks like Back in the Day, Makes Me Wanna Pray, and Understand could be released to urban radio. Like them, Pipe effortlessly outdoes what passes for r&b on the radio now.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

- H. L. Mencken
User avatar
NewAgenda
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 8032
Joined: 26 February 2016
Age: 27

June 17th, 2018, 6:51 pm

Christina singing like she wants Lewis Hamilton to put that pipe down. I wouldn’t be mad if he was baby daddy #3. They looked sexy af together.
Why you still talking 'bout me like we together?
I moved on for the better
You moved on to whoever
I was down for whatever and then some
You gon' make me late to work again

- SZA, Broken Clocks
User avatar
Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 3251
Joined: 24 February 2016

June 17th, 2018, 9:03 pm

Is XNDA really Lewis Hamilton?
User avatar
Enter The Circus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 2925
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 31

June 17th, 2018, 10:16 pm

Antonio wrote:
June 16th, 2018, 7:24 pm
This is the closest Xtina has sounded as Janet Jackson. A real slow jam.

Sex For Breakfast is fuming.
Yes it definitely has a Janet vibe.
kylie jenner
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 2731
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 23

June 17th, 2018, 10:41 pm

I can only imagine an epic video of xtina looking hotter than ever, twerking that ass for the rapper xnda..matt can fuck off.
She needs release this visual,song is a masterpiece
PrimoDonno
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 96
Joined: 01 March 2016

June 18th, 2018, 3:16 am

damn boy you remind me of my Jeep
User avatar
Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 10850
Joined: 25 February 2016

June 18th, 2018, 5:55 am

czr187 wrote:
June 16th, 2018, 2:57 pm
Have the lyrics been posted cuz the ones I found online are really incorrect
:nod:

I wish Christina would post all the lyrics on her website. :tellmemore:

It's annoying when we have multiple guesses about the lyrics and they're all a bit off. :noway:
I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-bullshit - Christina Aguilera :suckmydick:
User avatar
Guvedder
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 55
Joined: 20 June 2017
Age: 32

June 18th, 2018, 1:05 pm

The song reminded me Anitta, brazilian singer.
----------------------
I am mine
User avatar
Janelle chortle
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 4003
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 23

June 18th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Boy you remind me of my JEEP.

:music:
Desperado
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 615
Joined: 01 March 2016
Age: 23

June 18th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Hocus Pocus wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 12:42 pm
Thainus wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 11:10 am
Some time ago, Hamilton mentioned he was thinking into going into R&B and he presented his stuff to Pharrell and Kanye, and we know that Christina has worked with both of them (even though poor Pharrell got scrapped).

I still have no idea whether this XNDA person is an acutal rapper or a DJ or what, the credits only mention "vocals courtesy of Blacksmith" and I don't know wtf is Blacksmith. So it's all very shady.

I hope it's Hamilton, though. That would be interesting.


But i don't get it, why does he want his identity hidden from the credits of the song?

People didn’t see him as a serious artist when he announced a music career. I think he’s hiding his identity so that people judge his music without being bias about who he is.
User avatar
SPM
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 3308
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 33

June 18th, 2018, 5:43 pm

Thainus wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 11:10 am
Damn he's sexy as hell.
User avatar
wellokaythen
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1501
Joined: 03 March 2016

June 18th, 2018, 5:58 pm

Is there any worry that the revelation that XNDA is Lewis Hamilton will overshadow the song if it's released as a single and/or precipitate a backlash against Hamilton involving a lot of basics dragging and mocking him simply because the general public hates it when people move "outside their box"? History says that the general public tends to reflexively assume that anyone beginning a music career who is famous for something other than music is inauthentic and not a serious artist. I'm certainly not saying I think this will happen, I'm just remembering back to the initial reception Donald Glover received when he first debuted his Childish Gambino persona (his first album was derided a lot and considered the height of uncool) so I'm curious how things will go down.

(ps I actually don't like Gambino but you get my point)
User avatar
SPM
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 3308
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 33

June 18th, 2018, 10:15 pm

wellokaythen wrote:
June 18th, 2018, 5:58 pm
Is there any worry that the revelation that XNDA is Lewis Hamilton will overshadow the song if it's released as a single and/or precipitate a backlash against Hamilton involving a lot of basics dragging and mocking him simply because the general public hates it when people move "outside their box"? History says that the general public tends to reflexively assume that anyone beginning a music career who is famous for something other than music is inauthentic and not a serious artist. I'm certainly not saying I think this will happen, I'm just remembering back to the initial reception Donald Glover received when he first debuted his Childish Gambino persona (his first album was derided a lot and considered the height of uncool) so I'm curious how things will go down.

(ps I actually don't like Gambino but you get my point)
No
User avatar
wellokaythen
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1501
Joined: 03 March 2016

June 18th, 2018, 10:20 pm

SPM wrote:
June 18th, 2018, 10:15 pm
wellokaythen wrote:
June 18th, 2018, 5:58 pm
Is there any worry that the revelation that XNDA is Lewis Hamilton will overshadow the song if it's released as a single and/or precipitate a backlash against Hamilton involving a lot of basics dragging and mocking him simply because the general public hates it when people move "outside their box"? History says that the general public tends to reflexively assume that anyone beginning a music career who is famous for something other than music is inauthentic and not a serious artist. I'm certainly not saying I think this will happen, I'm just remembering back to the initial reception Donald Glover received when he first debuted his Childish Gambino persona (his first album was derided a lot and considered the height of uncool) so I'm curious how things will go down.

(ps I actually don't like Gambino but you get my point)
No
:rip:
Post Reply