☥ THE ROYALS ☥ 17 ☥ EGYPTIAN MYTHOLOGY EDITION

Fine, fresh, feminine, style to eleven...
Kitana ROSALÍA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Moving is so stressful, holy shit :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dani
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 10:19 pm

Tina wrote: Moving is so stressful, holy shit :cry: :cry: :cry:

Think about the dick!!!!
💕
Martiney siren
Q U E E N
Q U E E N
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 10:20 pm

I moved for the first time in my life last year and I absolutely hated the process so much. :funny: But you know it's always gonna be better in the end.
Kitana ROSALÍA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Dani wrote:

Think about the dick!!!!

Omg my hole twitches just thinking about it :funny: 
Kitana ROSALÍA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Martin wrote:

I moved for the first time in my life last year and I absolutely hated the process so much. :funny: But you know it's always gonna be better in the end.

It's worse when your family won't shut the fuck up about the move :O like damn, I'm already stressed.
Kitana ROSALÍA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 10:44 pm

[mention]Martin.[/mention] do you live on your own?
Martiney siren
Q U E E N
Q U E E N
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Tina wrote: @Martin. do you live on your own?

Hell no. :funny: I am like the most dependent person in the world. Growing up with a twin brother has stunted my independence so I've only started to learn how to be independent like 2 years ago. My life is truly a mess. I'm envious of people who can go and live by themselves, especially since you're middle eastern, so I'm sure your parents would probably let you live with them until you're 60.
Kitana ROSALÍA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 11:12 pm

Martin wrote:
Tina wrote: @Martin. do you live on your own?

Hell no. :funny: I am like the most dependent person in the world. Growing up with a twin brother has stunted my independence so I've only started to learn how to be independent like 2 years ago. My life is truly a mess. I'm envious of people who can go and live by themselves, especially since you're middle eastern, so I'm sure your parents would probably let you live with them until you're 60.

I didn't know you had a twin!!! Am too dependent on my parents and deeply crave to be my own person :icant: 

My mom is the worst :rip: she wants me to live at home until I'm married (lol!). My mom is the type to check my phone records and beg me to use the iPhone Finder so she could track my every move :awk: 
Martiney siren
Q U E E N
Q U E E N
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 11:21 pm

Tina wrote:
Martin wrote:

I didn't know you had a twin!!! Am too dependent on my parents and deeply crave to be my own person :icant: 

My mom is the worst :rip: she wants me to live at home until I'm married (lol!). My mom is the type to check my phone records and beg me to use the iPhone Finder so she could track my every move :awk: 

My brother & I were basically in the same classes, in the same friend groups, same parties etc our entire lives, so when it came time for us to finally separate and go to different universities it was tragic. I had never even taken public transport alone until I was 19, so the whole concept of being by myself terrified me. :noway: Still something I struggle with to this day.

And girl. :rip: My mum isn't as full on because she knows from my older brother & sister that if she's overbearing that they will rebel more. So with me and my brother she toned down her control issues and sort of let us be. I do occasionally get lectures from her that I didn't tell her I was leaving the house or where I went.

But my aunty is so similar to what you said. Her sons are both in their 30s and she still messages and calls them DAILY. She calls just to say "Hey, I'm going to church" and they're like "Ok we don't care." It's truly a mystery why Middle Eastern parents are so clingy  :laugh:
WalkAway
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 11:26 pm

Tina wrote:
Martin wrote:

Kitana ROSALÍA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 11:28 pm

Martin wrote:
Tina wrote:

My brother & I were basically in the same classes, in the same friend groups, same parties etc our entire lives, so when it came time for us to finally separate and go to different universities it was tragic. I had never even taken public transport alone until I was 19, so the whole concept of being by myself terrified me. :noway: Still something I struggle with to this day.

And girl. :rip: My mum isn't as full on because she knows from my older brother & sister that if she's overbearing that they will rebel more. So with me and my brother she toned down her control issues and sort of let us be. I do occasionally get lectures from her that I didn't tell her I was leaving the house or where I went.

But my aunty is so similar to what you said. Her sons are both in their 30s and she still messages and calls them DAILY. She calls just to say "Hey, I'm going to church" and they're like "Ok we don't care." It's truly a mystery why Middle Eastern parents are so clingy  :laugh:

Interesting. I loved being around my older sister and idolized her, but I've always felt like my family held me back. They love me, but don't want me to be independent. I imagine it's much harder to detach if you have a twin. They're literally your other half :rip: 

And LMAO my sister was a huge rebel, but that made my mom crazier, not more lenient. I suffered the ramifications :noway: ugh, my mom gets offended when I'm not as clingy as her. Like being clingy means you care more :laugh: 

Just need to get the fuck away. Literally been plotting my escape for years and it's finally happening :rip: 
Kitana ROSALÍA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Mom: you're telling them you won't accept a full-time offer because you want to live in Michigan, right?

Me: Of course!

WalkAway
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 11:34 pm

Tina wrote:
Martin wrote:

Interesting. I loved being around my older sister and idolized her, but I've always felt like my family held me back. They love me, but don't want me to be independent. I imagine it's much harder to detach if you have a twin. They're literally your other half :rip: 

And LMAO my sister was a huge rebel, but that made my mom crazier, not more lenient. I suffered the ramifications :noway: ugh, my mom gets offended when I'm not as clingy as her. Like being clingy means you care more :laugh: 

Just need to get the fuck away. Literally been plotting my escape for years and it's finally happening :rip: 
Lol I'm one of Sixx so my parents are not that clingy I think. I like going back to see them but they def encourage some independence. My dad was military though too from a younger age for many years so I think that contributes to the fact that he doesnt mind us moving around nad being on our own. He's always saying "when I was 23 I had my first kid and moved for work etc" lol.

Mess at this being you escaping home tho!

Kitana ROSALÍA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 11:40 pm

WalkAway wrote:
Tina wrote:

Lol I'm one of Sixx so my parents are not that clingy I think. I like going back to see them but they def encourage some independence. My dad was military though too from a younger age for many years so I think that contributes to the fact that he doesnt mind us moving around nad being on our own. He's always saying "when I was 23 I had my first kid and moved for work etc" lol.

The times have changed though. Back in the day, they could get a decent-paying job with high school diploma, but nowadays, there are so many 20-somethings with a bachelor's degree that settle for jobs beneath their skill-level. I mean, if they're lucky to get a job at all :rip: 

And it's just me and my sister :icant: my parents are foreign too whereas I'm full-fledged American, so there's the added cultural clash.
WalkAway
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 11:45 pm

Tina wrote:
WalkAway wrote:

The times have changed though. Back in the day, they could get a decent-paying job with high school diploma, but nowadays, there are so many 20-somethings with a bachelor's degree that settle for jobs beneath their skill-level. I mean, if they're lucky to get a job at all :rip: 

And it's just me and my sister :icant: my parents are foreign too whereas I'm full-fledged American, so there's the added cultural clash.
Was your degree in math? Are you moving to DC for a job or school? You should have some marketable skillset tbh!
Kitana ROSALÍA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 11:52 pm

WalkAway wrote:
Tina wrote:

Was your degree in math? Are you moving to DC for a job or school? You should have some marketable skillset tbh!

BA in econ and math with my master's in applied stats. Ngl it's my friends with social science degrees that are struggling :rip: my engineering friends are doing fine. Going to DC for a gov't internship.
WalkAway
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 16th, 2017, 11:55 pm

Tina wrote:
WalkAway wrote:

BA in econ and math with my master's in applied stats. Ngl it's my friends with social science degrees that are struggling :rip: my engineering friends are doing fine. Going to DC for a gov't internship.

Oh right I remember you talking about that slay!

But yeah I know what you mean. My brother is kind of between jobs rn which sucks as are a bunch of my friends. Luckily I found something quick. I never really had to stress about it so Im very thankful.
Kitana ROSALÍA
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 12:00 am

WalkAway wrote:
Tina wrote:

But yeah I know what you mean. My brother is kind of between jobs rn which sucks as are a bunch of my friends. Luckily I found something quick. I never really had to stress about it so Im very thankful.

Aren't you a computer engineer? I'm sure you're set for life :icant: actually wish I did applied math instead, but applied stats was close enough.
Cersei Lannister ·⚜·♚·⚜·
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 12:16 am

I hate people that think their opinions are facts and they don't listen anyone's opinion.
I kinda like the logic behind this board where everyone is catty, but in real life this is something so annoying.

#RandomRant
Cersei Lannister ·⚜·♚·⚜·
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 12:17 am

What? Social science is a flop?! :nc:
WalkAway
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 12:24 am

Tina wrote:
WalkAway wrote:

Aren't you a computer engineer? I'm sure you're set for life :icant: actually wish I did applied math instead, but applied stats was close enough.

Ya ha. Hopefully :rip:   DC sounds so fun I'm jealous!
p.Lo
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 2:30 am

Good luck with the move (and getting away from family), Tina!

I've had to move 11 times, lollers. So tired of it.

Martin, you can be independent or dependent, whatever works for you! I doubt my sister will ever leave home, and she's older than me.
Prince Oberyn Royal
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 3:18 am

Lord Stark wrote: I hate people that think their opinions are facts and they don't listen anyone's opinion.
I kinda like the logic behind this board where everyone is catty, but in real life this is something so annoying.

#RandomRant

http://theconversation.com/no-youre-not ... inion-9978

best fuqen article i've read in ages 
Prince Oberyn Royal
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 3:32 am

[mention]Lord Stark[/mention] Like you said, people can't distinguish facts from fiction. People think that they can say whatever they want, insult you, and then say I am entitled to my own opinion, and thus it is a fact, because it is a fact in my head.

Nowadays, you can find enough research on anything in this world. You can find scientific reseach god is real and vice versa. But people won't stick to the facts, because they can't be bothered to do some research.

But everybody has a "good" moral compas so nothing matters to them
Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 5:19 am

Martin wrote: My brother & I were basically in the same classes, in the same friend groups, same parties etc our entire lives, so when it came time for us to finally separate and go to different universities it was tragic. I had never even taken public transport alone until I was 19, so the whole concept of being by myself terrified me. :noway: Still something I struggle with to this day.

:rip:

Not you describing my mom. I moved out when I was 19-years old, I'm 30 now, and she still calls almost daily.

Sometimes to check if I've watched the temperature outside and tells me to put my thicker coat. :rip:  It's like I'm 8.
I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-bullshit — Christina Aguilera :suckmydick:
Angela Merkel ♥♣♦♠
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 5:26 am

I'm kinda semi back.

How are you doing babes? :kiss:
Mal
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 5:39 am

Good morning babez

Cant wait to read everyones family history
Know first who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.
Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 5:52 am

Tina wrote: Mom: you're telling them you won't accept a full-time offer because you want to live in Michigan, right?

Me: Of course!

:funny:
Mal
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 5:56 am

Raven wrote:
Martin wrote: My brother & I were basically in the same classes, in the same friend groups, same parties etc our entire lives, so when it came time for us to finally separate and go to different universities it was tragic. I had never even taken public transport alone until I was 19, so the whole concept of being by myself terrified me. :noway: Still something I struggle with to this day.

:rip:

Not you describing my mom. I moved out when I was 19-years old, I'm 30 now, and she still calls almost daily.

Sometimes to check if I've watched the temperature outside and tells me to put my thicker coat. :rip:  It's like I'm 8.

That is just thre nature of parents. No matter how old are you. They will say what they have to say!

Independence is so great. Just the thought of moving back to my family makes me scream. It will be 5 years now that I live alone in Budapest, just as I finished high school, I came here and lived alone, and I still love EVERY SECOND OF IT. When you deattach yourself from the family nest, thats the moment you have the need to figure out who you really are. What you really want to do and become. 

Tina your trip to DC will be so good and after you are done, you will feel the same way, that you dont want to get stuck with your family in Michigan, and that you really really want to get out of there, no matter how much you love them, because its not about love anymore, its more about freedom and experiencing a much more complicated version of life. 
Know first who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.
Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

May 17th, 2017, 6:18 am

Maleficent wrote: That is just thre nature of parents. No matter how old are you. They will say what they have to say!

Independence is so great. Just the thought of moving back to my family makes me scream. It will be 5 years now that I live alone in Budapest, just as I finished high school, I came here and lived alone, and I still love EVERY SECOND OF IT. When you deattach yourself from the family nest, thats the moment you have the need to figure out who you really are. What you really want to do and become. 

Tina your trip to DC will be so good and after you are done, you will feel the same way, that you dont want to get stuck with your family in Michigan, and that you really really want to get out of there, no matter how much you love them, because its not about love anymore, its more about freedom and experiencing a much more complicated version of life. 

Aside from my mom, parents in our culture aren't that clingy, maybe? (Iono of the younger parents, I'm talking about those parents who're now in 50's-60's, who have adult children.)

It's more like when you turn 18, people in your social circle start to throw these little digs to get you move from your own home. It's suggested implicitly, or explicitly, that you're kind of pathetic and/or a bad person for living with your parents. :rip:  One of the more selfish traits of our culture. 

But if you ask about it, people have internalized it, they don't even notice it. Personally have strong resistance towards 'status quo' and the general consensus, I'm looking it as an observer, so for me it's bizarre.