The Official URBAN THREAD #18 - Nina Simone Edition

Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, & Talent...
Locked
User avatar
Silence.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 6673
Joined: 24 February 2016

January 18th, 2018, 11:34 am

WalkAway wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 11:16 am
Silence. wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 7:17 am
Mess at Tinashe releasing a single with Offset the day drama pops off about him being homophobic.
Tinashe grabbing that straight audience! Business calculated icon. (also he apologized fwiw)

Image

What is this his sixth time apologising for the same thing? Keep it


Image
User avatar
DQC Blessed
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 5390
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 34

January 18th, 2018, 11:48 am

A few questions.....

1. Are people still checking for Tinashe’s music?
2. Are people really mad about what Upset said?
3. What do y’all think about the Ginuwine situation?
Last edited by DQC Blessed on January 18th, 2018, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Silence.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 6673
Joined: 24 February 2016

January 18th, 2018, 11:54 am

Y'all WTF is Toni doing



I bet Bunifah stans for this.
User avatar
DQC Blessed
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 5390
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 34

January 18th, 2018, 11:55 am

Silence. wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 11:54 am
Y'all WTF is Toni doing



I bet Bunifah stans for this.
Let me be messy and go find out. :funny:
User avatar
Silence.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 6673
Joined: 24 February 2016

January 18th, 2018, 11:56 am

1. I like her earlier EPs, but I'm not invested either way. She might be good for a bop or two one day.
2. It's not my kind of music, so I don't rate it either way. But I'll gladly clock a bitch for supporting hotep or ashy trash in 2018.
3. What situation?
User avatar
Lydekane Da One
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 4346
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 30

January 18th, 2018, 11:56 am

DQC wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 11:48 am
A few questions.....

1. Are people still checking for Tinashe’s music?
2. Are people really mad about what Upset said?
3. What do y’all think about the Ginuwine situation?
1. Who?
2. Not surprised, he'll also keep having a successful career
3. I saw some mess about him and a transgender woman but didn't bother to dig for details.
User avatar
DQC Blessed
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 5390
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 34

January 18th, 2018, 11:59 am

Silence. wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 11:56 am
1. I like her earlier EPs, but I'm not invested either way. She might be good for a bop or two one day.
2. It's not my kind of music, so I don't rate it either way. But I'll gladly clock a bitch for supporting hotep or ashy trash in 2018.
3. What situation?



https://www.bet.com/music/2018/01/08/gi ... ebate.html
User avatar
BYC #LikeIDo
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 14197
Joined: 26 February 2016

January 18th, 2018, 12:02 pm

Congrats Toni! You're now sounding like and making the same music as your misguided younger sister

Image
If you think you gon' slanderize my name
You done lost your mind
I ain't got time for all these games
Bitch!
you got the wrong bitch
User avatar
DQC Blessed
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 5390
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 34

January 18th, 2018, 12:03 pm

And here’s a video I just found of what actually went down.


Last edited by DQC Blessed on January 18th, 2018, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DQC Blessed
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 5390
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 34

January 18th, 2018, 12:04 pm

BYC wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 12:02 pm
Congrats Toni! You're now sounding like and making the same music as your misguided younger sister

Image

So basically you’re also saying that Bunz will stan for it?

Image
User avatar
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 16047
Joined: 23 February 2016

January 18th, 2018, 12:05 pm

Went* :shook:
User avatar
DQC Blessed
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 5390
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 34

January 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm

DQC wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 7:14 pm
Here’s a few ideas that I haven’t done yet in case someone want to do them.

- How To Get Away With A Scandal
- A Different World
- A Soap Opera Edition
- R&BTina (Make each person a R&B song from her)
- The Clapback Edition (Some famous people who’s good at clapping back, I want to be Angela Rye or JessHilarious)


That’s just a few ideas. Feel free to used them.
So who’s going to make a new thread?

Image
User avatar
BYC #LikeIDo
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 14197
Joined: 26 February 2016

January 18th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Heart Away actually sounds better than Rottenwood and that other cruise ship medley she released. So kudos to her.

Image
If you think you gon' slanderize my name
You done lost your mind
I ain't got time for all these games
Bitch!
you got the wrong bitch
User avatar
Silence.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 6673
Joined: 24 February 2016

January 18th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Oh the India thing, I didn't know that Americans were up in arms about it lol. Maybe it's cause India isn't very liked here, and neither is her stint on the show or attempt to represent the trans community. Her own behaviour bordered on homophobic many times.

Anyway, she was kinda egging him on when he's been in that house for 3 minutes and asking him to kiss her. Ginuwine is trash in general but I can't really tell you if that situation with India was 'I don't like trans people' or 'You're being very intense right now, please go away'.

Ugh why am I talking about Ginuwine.
User avatar
Silence.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 6673
Joined: 24 February 2016

January 18th, 2018, 12:24 pm

I feel like we should institute a ban on 'Tina' thread themes. She can get our attention when she gives us hers.

Image
User avatar
Silence.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 6673
Joined: 24 February 2016

January 18th, 2018, 12:25 pm

Coping 'Fire Island Remix' >>> Heart Away >>>>> Dead in the Water.

Image
User avatar
DQC Blessed
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 5390
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 34

January 18th, 2018, 6:13 pm

I decided to create a bunch of Spotify playlists of music I love and broke them down into groups (Gospel Celebration, Guy Groups, Girl Groups, Duets, etc). Once I get them right, I would love to share with y’all.
User avatar
Jimmyboy Verified
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 13114
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 35

January 18th, 2018, 6:15 pm

DQC wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 11:48 am
A few questions.....

1. Are people still checking for Tinashe’s music?
2. Are people really mad about what Upset said?
3. What do y’all think about the Ginuwine situation?
1.- Obviously no
2.- I don't know who that is or what he said
3.- Same as above
User avatar
Sam Arolè
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 2232
Joined: 25 February 2016

January 19th, 2018, 6:51 am

DQC wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 12:10 pm
DQC wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 7:14 pm
Here’s a few ideas that I haven’t done yet in case someone want to do them.

- How To Get Away With A Scandal
- A Different World
- A Soap Opera Edition
- R&BTina (Make each person a R&B song from her)
- The Clapback Edition (Some famous people who’s good at clapping back, I want to be Angela Rye or JessHilarious)


That’s just a few ideas. Feel free to used them.
So who’s going to make a new thread?

Image
I would, but I have no idea. I'll try to plan something.
Inside on my own mind I believed in my own lies. I'm facing the mirror...
User avatar
Sam Arolè
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 2232
Joined: 25 February 2016

January 19th, 2018, 6:55 am

And morning, ladies!

Image
Inside on my own mind I believed in my own lies. I'm facing the mirror...
User avatar
Angela Merkel ♥♣♦♠
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 16512
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 27

January 19th, 2018, 6:57 am

DQC wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 11:48 am
A few questions.....

1. Are people still checking for Tinashe’s music?
2. Are people really mad about what Upset said?
3. What do y’all think about the Ginuwine situation?
1. No
2. Don't know why ppl are so surprised about it. That's the same guy who refused to perform with drag queens on stage.
3. Haven't heard about it
User avatar
NewAgenda
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 8642
Joined: 26 February 2016
Age: 27

January 19th, 2018, 7:05 am

Where is new Jazmine, [mention]D'Avi[/mention]?

Why you still talking 'bout me like we together?
I moved on for the better
You moved on to whoever
I was down for whatever and then some
You gon' make me late to work again

- SZA, Broken Clocks
User avatar
D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 16750
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 29

January 19th, 2018, 8:04 am

NewAgenda wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 7:05 am
Where is new Jazmine, [mention]D'Avi[/mention]?

I’m fucking waiting???

This year is her 10 year anniversary since her debut album and I would hope she releases one this year!!

I need shit from her and X NOW!!!! :icant:
GOL / G.O.L. [gee-oh-el or, often, gol] Gagging out loud; Giggling out loud: used as a response to something funny or throw the slightest of shade to a rather dull comment.

Avi By: MartinE
User avatar
czr187
'16 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 8634
Joined: 24 February 2016

January 19th, 2018, 8:16 am

Offset's apology:


I didn’t write the line about gay people. I have said before since these issues before that I got love for all people. My passion for fashion has lead me to a lot of gay people around me who I have mad respect for and we are very cool so I’m not in a place where I’m hating like that. When I wrote that I was thinking of words that could rhyme with the others (here, lear, solitaire, bear) and I saw this definition about her having a queer feeling she was being watched and it fit what I was thinking about a stalker creepy paparazzi situation. To me that “queer” I don’t mean someone who’s gay. I mean lame people who film you, post it and stalk you. Lingo that means strange or odd. I'M S O R R Y, I A P O L O G I Z E. I’m offended I offended anybody

Image

The impact of Cardi cutting off the coochie until he did.
ʎɹɔ oʇ ʇɟǝl sɹɐǝʇ ou
User avatar
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 16047
Joined: 23 February 2016

January 19th, 2018, 8:27 am

G'morning Urbans. Back in the office. What a stressful 2-day work week. :shook:
User avatar
D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 16750
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 29

January 19th, 2018, 8:41 am

2 day work week?!?! Did you travel somewhere?

Been out of the loop girls :icant:
GOL / G.O.L. [gee-oh-el or, often, gol] Gagging out loud; Giggling out loud: used as a response to something funny or throw the slightest of shade to a rather dull comment.

Avi By: MartinE
User avatar
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 16047
Joined: 23 February 2016

January 19th, 2018, 8:43 am

D'Avi wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 8:41 am
2 day work week?!?! Did you travel somewhere?

Been out of the loop girls :icant:
Nowhere, sis. We had snow. So a bitch has been wrapped up on her couch all week.
User avatar
Raven \V/
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 11167
Joined: 25 February 2016

January 19th, 2018, 8:44 am

czr187 wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 8:16 am
Offset's apology:


I didn’t write the line about gay people. I have said before since these issues before that I got love for all people. My passion for fashion has lead me to a lot of gay people around me who I have mad respect for and we are very cool so I’m not in a place where I’m hating like that. When I wrote that I was thinking of words that could rhyme with the others (here, lear, solitaire, bear) and I saw this definition about her having a queer feeling she was being watched and it fit what I was thinking about a stalker creepy paparazzi situation. To me that “queer” I don’t mean someone who’s gay. I mean lame people who film you, post it and stalk you. Lingo that means strange or odd. I'M S O R R Y, I A P O L O G I Z E. I’m offended I offended anybody

Image

The impact of Cardi cutting off the coochie until he did.
Doesn't sound like he even had anything to apologize? :nc:

I'm out of loop on this one tho. :icant:
I'm not anti-social, I'm anti-bullshit — Christina Aguilera :suckmydick:
User avatar
Lydekane Da One
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 4346
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 30

January 19th, 2018, 8:46 am

Good afternoon Ladies! 15 minutes before I tackle the work bar.

Image
User avatar
D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 16750
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 29

January 19th, 2018, 8:46 am

London. wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 8:43 am
D'Avi wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 8:41 am
2 day work week?!?! Did you travel somewhere?

Been out of the loop girls :icant:
Nowhere, sis. We had snow. So a bitch has been wrapped up on her couch all week.
Wait! Aren’t you in Georgia? How cold and how much snow? :rip:
GOL / G.O.L. [gee-oh-el or, often, gol] Gagging out loud; Giggling out loud: used as a response to something funny or throw the slightest of shade to a rather dull comment.

Avi By: MartinE
Locked