Official Urban Thread No. 28: The Heavenly Tribute (RIP Queen Aretha)

Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, & Talent...
Kitana empress
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 9:15 am

D'Avi wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 8:36 am
[mention]Kitana[/mention] what we’re you fav tracks?

Mine:
Self
Prayer Song
Window
Regal
Montego Bae
Ace
Part of Me
With You

:icant:

“Window” sounds like it should’ve been off of Janelle Monae’s “ArchAndroid” album. :icant:
My faves are Self, Prayer Song, Window, Don’t Forget About Me, Montego Bae, Part of Me, and No Name :icant:

She’s grown so much in her lyricism and the jazz instrumentals transported me to another era. I really love her poetic, spoken word style of rap. Fantastic album!
🖤 avi by razzi x 🖤
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 10:01 am

Well xtunE, sis, I got you about 3 pages of mess. Good luck with the rest. :rip:
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 12:15 pm

London. wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 10:01 am
Well xtunE, sis, I got you about 3 pages of mess. Good luck with the rest. :rip:
:shook: Not Miss [mention]London.[/mention] trying to relive ha gloryhole days of the Honey Boo Boo thread (which I actually don't remember at all, tbh :rip:).
NewAgenda TM
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:04 pm

So my mom and stepdad were planning to drive to Chicago this weekend for his friend’s reception and my mom was going to spend a couple days with me, but they were booking a hotel.

These have been the plans for the past month. Then this Monday my mom says the event was canceled and she would call me that evening about it. I don’t hear from her that evening or yesterday.

This morning I wake up to about 10 messages from her at 3am saying she bought a train ticket arriving tomorrow at noon and I need to call off work to meet her at the train station and hang out all day.

When I respond, I ask if my stepdad is coming too and she says no. So then I’m like “so you’ll be staying with me?” and she says yes and that I can just call off work or work from home to entertain her.

I was truly at a lost for words. I can’t get mad because she’s my mom, but she literally made up a whole itinerary without discussing anything with me and telling me I can call off work or work from home like it’s nothing. I talked to my guy and he said she probably just misses me.

Has anyone else had their parent pull up on them like this as an adult?
#ImYourFavoriteAthletesFavoriteAthlete
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:13 pm

No, I've never experienced that. Perhaps something went down with your mom and stepdad?
D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:20 pm

NewAgenda wrote:
So my mom and stepdad were planning to drive to Chicago this weekend for his friend’s reception and my mom was going to spend a couple days with me, but they were booking a hotel.

These have been the plans for the past month. Then this Monday my mom says the event was canceled and she would call me that evening about it. I don’t hear from her that evening or yesterday.

This morning I wake up to about 10 messages from her at 3am saying she bought a train ticket arriving tomorrow at noon and I need to call off work to meet her at the train station and hang out all day.

When I respond, I ask if my stepdad is coming too and she says no. So then I’m like “so you’ll be staying with me?” and she says yes and that I can just call off work or work from home to entertain her.

I was truly at a lost for words. I can’t get mad because she’s my mom, but she literally made up a whole itinerary without discussing anything with me and telling me I can call off work or work from home like it’s nothing. I talked to my guy and he said she probably just misses me.

Yes, my parent do this all the time. Like, it’s not the same at our age where we can just call off to accommodate.

I think it’s rude as fuck, but I gotten to the point where I make them wait.

Oh you’ll be in at 1pm via train? Okay cool there’s a coffee shop you can chill at until I get off of work.

But I would agree, they just miss you. They will always miss their children, especially when they come to visit. I hope you have fun regardless.

Send your boy toy to my place in the meantime. I can watch him. :fan:
GOL / G.O.L. [gee-oh-el or, often, gol] Gagging out loud; Giggling out loud: used as a response to something funny or throw the slightest of shade to a rather dull comment.

Avi By: marcelo.
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:38 pm

D'Avi wrote:
NewAgenda wrote:

Yes, my parent do this all the time. Like, it’s not the same at our age where we can just call off to accommodate.

Oh you’ll be in at 1pm via train? Okay cool there’s a coffee shop you can chill at until I get off of work.

But I would agree, they just miss you. They will always miss their children, especially when they come to visit. I hope you have fun regardless.

Literally this exact post. There comes a point when the kids' lives are much busier but the parents are slowing down, so all they wanna do is play and we're stuck being like "bitch, I have a job." I'm sure she'll be happy to see you regardless, and I'm also sure she won't be one bit upset or disappointed if you can't take off work at the last minute.

But if she does make a fuss, just tell her you're working so hard to save up for her funeral. That will get her together in a hurry. Trust xtunE on this one.

D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:39 pm

I am DONE with sis TunE.

:rip:
GOL / G.O.L. [gee-oh-el or, often, gol] Gagging out loud; Giggling out loud: used as a response to something funny or throw the slightest of shade to a rather dull comment.

Creek
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:45 pm

Urbans smell like feces.
NewAgenda TM
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:46 pm

xtuna wrote:
D'Avi wrote:

Literally this exact post. There comes a point when the kids' lives are much busier but the parents are slowing down, so all they wanna do is play and we're stuck being like "bitch, I have a job." I'm sure she'll be happy to see you regardless, and I'm also sure she won't be one bit upset or disappointed if you can't take off work at the last minute.

But if she does make a fuss, just tell her you're working so hard to save up for her funeral. That will get her together in a hurry. Trust xtunE on this one.

Unfortunately my mom already has funeral fund set aside.
NewAgenda TM
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

Creek wrote:
Urbans smell like feces.
Your momma.
NewAgenda TM
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:48 pm

[mention]D'Avi[/mention], find your own damn man!
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:49 pm

NewAgenda wrote:
xtuna wrote:

Unfortunately my mom already has funeral fund set aside.
Is the good sis ready to spend those coinTs now?

D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:53 pm

NewAgenda wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 3:48 pm
[mention]D'Avi[/mention], find your own damn man!
Sharing is caring.

D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

Creek wrote:
Urbans smell like feces.
Let me do my HooDoo/Brujería and make sure that heart gets broken again. :fan:

Creek
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 3:59 pm

D'Avi wrote:
Creek wrote:
Urbans smell like feces.
You should do it to improve your dental hygiene instead.
D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 4:13 pm

Creek wrote:
D'Avi wrote:

They are flawless sis. Keep going though. What is your fav pic from Instagram of you?

Creek
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 4:17 pm

D'Avi wrote:
Creek wrote:

They are flawless sis. Keep going though. What is your fav pic from Instagram of you?
Bitch don’t be doing no voodoo shit on me.
D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 4:28 pm

Creek wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 4:17 pm
D'Avi wrote:

Bitch don’t be doing no voodoo shit on me.
Would you like to join R0K???

xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 4:31 pm

:funny: :rip:
Jimmyboy FATBOY!
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 5:40 pm

What’s crook doing here looking for trouble? Being dumped wasn’t enough dragging for the month? Wait up a couple of weeks sis
Jimmyboy FATBOY!
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 5:45 pm

NewAgenda wrote:

Parents tend to act more childishly as they and us grow older, she probably didn’t even think it through and just wants to see you.
NewAgenda TM
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 6:53 pm

Jimmyboy wrote:
NewAgenda wrote:

Parents tend to act more childishly as they and us grow older, she probably didn’t even think it through and just wants to see you.
I’m glad I kept it cute with her. She apologized and thanked me for accommodating her on such short notice and said she just needed to get away from work because she’s under new management and they are not being practical. She also called me the greatest son ever.
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 19th, 2018, 10:43 pm

NewAgenda wrote:
Jimmyboy wrote:

I’m glad I kept it cute with her. She apologized and thanked me for accommodating her on such short notice and said she just needed to get away from work because she’s under new management and they are not being practical. She also called me the greatest son ever.
Sis, I'm so glad to hear you didn't have to strangle your mom! :love: We told you it would all be great!
Lydekane Da One
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 20th, 2018, 3:17 am

I woke up to the most amazing insta stories sisters. I can't believe some of you are gonna witness that slayage live.

Lydekane Da One
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 20th, 2018, 3:22 am

I'm in over my head feeling confused.

I'm losing my mind, don't know what to do

Because I don't want to miss the live slayage of UIWY UIWY

London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:

September 20th, 2018, 6:23 am

[mention]xtuna[/mention] going back to Sunday, I forgot to mention that I knew it’d be a great night when Right Moves came on and I was the only person in the room that jumped up and started winding. :rip:
NewAgenda TM
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 20th, 2018, 7:22 am

xtuna wrote:
NewAgenda wrote:

Sis, I'm so glad to hear you didn't have to strangle your mom! :love: We told you it would all be great!
Today was supposed to be my day where I sleep in a bit since I work out every other morning. I got up hella early to do laundry and clean up my place for my mom’s arrival because she will go in about every bit of dust she sees.

She texts me this morning and I’m thinking she’s just giving me an update she’s boarding her train. I read the text and now she says she can’t make the train ride because of her hip and knee.

D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

September 20th, 2018, 7:30 am

NewAgenda wrote:
xtuna wrote:

Today was supposed to be my day where I sleep in a bit since I work out every other morning. I got up hella early to do laundry and clean up my place for my mom’s arrival because she will go in about every bit of dust she sees.

She texts me this morning and I’m thinking she’s just giving me an update she’s boarding her train. I read the text and now she says she can’t make the train ride because of her hip and knee.

Parents will be parents :rip:

NewAgenda TM
2019 VIP
2019 VIP
Reactions:

September 20th, 2018, 7:38 am

D'Avi wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 7:30 am
NewAgenda wrote:

Parents will be parents :rip:
She then proceeded to say she will try to have my stepdad drive her tomorrow evening. I can’t deal with this back and forth, so I said just do a spa day back home if she can’t travel long distance and focus on healing. She actually agreed.

She went to the Bobby Brown and Bell Biv DeVoe concert this past weekend and now she can’t move. I told her about all that dancing trying to be cute.