Official Urban Thread No. 28: The Heavenly Tribute (RIP Queen Aretha)

Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, & Talent...
Locked
User avatar
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1384
Joined: 21 June 2017

September 17th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Image

Image

We lovingly dedicate the
28th Official Urban Thread
to the living memory of



The Queen of Soul
Ms. Aretha Louise Franklin
1942-2018


Image


We channel the choir of angels to give
Ms. Franklin
the heavenly tribute she so richly deserves
but, unfortunately, has yet to fully receive



Order of Celebration


[mention]DQC[/mention]
performing I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)
in the style of Luther Vandross

Image

[mention]BYC[/mention]
performing Young, Gifted and Black
in the style of Whitney Houston

Image

[mention]London.[/mention]
performing Rock Steady
in the style of Prince

Image

[mention]D'Avi[/mention]
performing Respect
in the style of Michael Jackson

Image

[mention]The Mack.[/mention] and [mention]Silence.[/mention]
performing I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
in the style of James Brown and Etta James

Image
Image

[mention]Jimmyboy[/mention]
performing Nessun Dorma
in the style of Selena

Image

[mention]NewAgenda[/mention]
performing I Say a Little Prayer
in the style of Eartha Kitt

Image

[mention]THE BUNIFAH[/mention]
performing Chain of Fools
in the style of Sam Cooke

Image

[mention]jorge.[/mention]
performing Piensa
in the style of Celia Cruz

Image

[mention]Martiney[/mention]
performing Spanish Harlem
in the style of Amy Winehouse

Image

[mention]Sam[/mention]
performing Amazing Grace
in the style of Nina Simone

Image

[mention]SuperG[/mention]
performing (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman
in the Style of Billie Holiday

Image

[mention]xtuna[/mention]
performing Precious Lord (Take My Hand)
in the style of Mahalia Jackson

Image

[mention]Lydekane[/mention]
performing Oh Happy Day
in the style of Marvin Gaye

Image



For we know our beloved Aretha
is absent from the body
but present with the Lord

User avatar
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1384
Joined: 21 June 2017

September 17th, 2018, 12:17 pm

[mention]jorge.[/mention] here's your thread.

Image

:heart:
User avatar
jorge.
K I N G
K I N G
Reactions:
Posts: 7837
Joined: 20 February 2016
Age: 30

September 17th, 2018, 12:21 pm

I love 💗 brava, sis.
I just kept hoping, I just kept hoping
The way would become clear
I spent all this time tryna play now
I found my way here
See, I've been having me a real hard time

But it feels so nice to know I'm gonna be alright
User avatar
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1384
Joined: 21 June 2017

September 17th, 2018, 12:26 pm

jorge. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:21 pm
I love 💗 brava, sis.

:shook: So glad you like it, King.
User avatar
Jimmyboy Verified
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 13614
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 35

September 17th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Nice theme, sis, good job.

One question...Selena?

Image
User avatar
Lydekane Da One
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 4418
Joined: 25 February 2016
Age: 30

September 17th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Loved all your performances girls! Hollered a bit at some of them.
User avatar
jorge.
K I N G
K I N G
Reactions:
Posts: 7837
Joined: 20 February 2016
Age: 30

September 17th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Jimmyboy wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:27 pm
Nice theme, sis, good job.

One question...Selena?

Image
legends only, sis.
There’s only so much ground to cover.
I’m all in love with Celia as my choice.
I just kept hoping, I just kept hoping
The way would become clear
I spent all this time tryna play now
I found my way here
See, I've been having me a real hard time

But it feels so nice to know I'm gonna be alright
User avatar
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1384
Joined: 21 June 2017

September 17th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Jimmyboy wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:27 pm
Nice theme, sis, good job.

One question...Selena?

Image

:rip: I couldn't think of anyone else who was (1) famous, (2) Mexican, (3) glamorous, and (4) dead. (I do know she was a Texan, by the way. I just mean of Mexican heritage.)
User avatar
Jimmyboy Verified
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 13614
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 35

September 17th, 2018, 12:47 pm

xtuna wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:30 pm
Jimmyboy wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:27 pm
Nice theme, sis, good job.

One question...Selena?

Image

:rip: I couldn't think of anyone else who was (1) famous, (2) Mexican, (3) glamorous, and (4) dead. (I do know she was a Texan, by the way. I just mean of Mexican heritage.)
Selena was as much of a Mexican as a taco from Taco Bell :rip:

But I get it... I guess.
User avatar
Prince Oberyn Royal
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 5661
Joined: 24 February 2016

September 17th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Jimmyboy wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:47 pm
xtuna wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:30 pm


:rip: I couldn't think of anyone else who was (1) famous, (2) Mexican, (3) glamorous, and (4) dead. (I do know she was a Texan, by the way. I just mean of Mexican heritage.)
Selena was as much of a Mexican as a taco from Taco Bell :rip:

But I get it... I guess.

nnnnn bish why you always hatin :rip:
User avatar
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1384
Joined: 21 June 2017

September 17th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Jimmyboy wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:47 pm
xtuna wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:30 pm


:rip: I couldn't think of anyone else who was (1) famous, (2) Mexican, (3) glamorous, and (4) dead. (I do know she was a Texan, by the way. I just mean of Mexican heritage.)
Selena was as much of a Mexican as a taco from Taco Bell :rip:

But I get it... I guess.

Sis, y'all don't love her down there? She's a saint up here. :rip:

But no worries. I reserved Karen Carpenter for next time in case I got into trouble with anyone over these selections. Putting your name down to claim her right now. :fan:

Girls, who's on deck for a funeral after Auntie Re? Asking for a friend. :funny:
User avatar
Sam Arolè
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 2260
Joined: 25 February 2016

September 17th, 2018, 1:04 pm

Yes!! Lovely thread.
Inside on my own mind I believed in my own lies. I'm facing the mirror...
User avatar
Jimmyboy Verified
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 13614
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 35

September 17th, 2018, 1:15 pm

xtuna wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:56 pm
Jimmyboy wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Selena was as much of a Mexican as a taco from Taco Bell :rip:

But I get it... I guess.

Sis, y'all don't love her down there? She's a saint up here. :rip:

But no worries. I reserved Karen Carpenter for next time in case I got into trouble with anyone over these selections. Putting your name down to claim her right now. :fan:

Girls, who's on deck for a funeral after Auntie Re? Asking for a friend. :funny:
Yeah, she is loved here, there are many wrong things with Mexico
User avatar
Jimmyboy Verified
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 13614
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 35

September 17th, 2018, 1:15 pm

Prince Oberyn wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:49 pm
Jimmyboy wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Selena was as much of a Mexican as a taco from Taco Bell :rip:

But I get it... I guess.

nnnnn bish why you always hatin :rip:
That’s how we roll here, sis, why you mad?
User avatar
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 16281
Joined: 23 February 2016

September 17th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Great debut edition, xtunE. :love:
User avatar
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1384
Joined: 21 June 2017

September 17th, 2018, 1:44 pm

London. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 1:42 pm
Great debut edition, xtunE. :love:

Thanks, sis. :heart: You see I let you borrow my Prince for this one. Take care of him. :cry:
User avatar
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 16281
Joined: 23 February 2016

September 17th, 2018, 1:44 pm

Mess @ me not initially connecting that all of these were dead legends. Hence "heavenly tribute."

Image
User avatar
D'Avi G O L
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
'18 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 17196
Joined: 24 February 2016
Age: 29

September 17th, 2018, 1:47 pm

Fucking gorgeous thread!!!

[mention]DQC[/mention] has been replaced, and D’Avia could never!!!
GOL / G.O.L. [gee-oh-el or, often, gol] Gagging out loud; Giggling out loud: used as a response to something funny or throw the slightest of shade to a rather dull comment.

Avi By: MartinE
User avatar
jorge.
K I N G
K I N G
Reactions:
Posts: 7837
Joined: 20 February 2016
Age: 30

September 17th, 2018, 1:53 pm

London. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 1:42 pm
Great debut edition, xtunE. :love:

Image
I just kept hoping, I just kept hoping
The way would become clear
I spent all this time tryna play now
I found my way here
See, I've been having me a real hard time

But it feels so nice to know I'm gonna be alright
User avatar
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1384
Joined: 21 June 2017

September 17th, 2018, 1:54 pm

D'Avi wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 1:47 pm
Fucking gorgeous thread!!!

[mention]DQC[/mention] has been replaced, and D’Avia could never!!!

:shook:
User avatar
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1384
Joined: 21 June 2017

September 17th, 2018, 1:56 pm

London. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 1:44 pm
Mess @ me not initially connecting that all of these were dead legends. Hence "heavenly tribute."

Image

:rip: Get into the finely TunEd layers, sis. :funny:
User avatar
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1384
Joined: 21 June 2017

September 17th, 2018, 1:59 pm

jorge. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 1:53 pm
London. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 1:42 pm
Great debut edition, xtunE. :love:

Image

:funny: Not London serving "this is pretty good for your first time." :shook:
User avatar
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 16281
Joined: 23 February 2016

September 17th, 2018, 2:13 pm

Instigator [mention]jorge.[/mention] strikes again!

LOL, no shade, sis. None at all. Certainly better than my debut (back on aLD)...the infamous Honey Boo Boo edition. :funny:
User avatar
jorge.
K I N G
K I N G
Reactions:
Posts: 7837
Joined: 20 February 2016
Age: 30

September 17th, 2018, 2:31 pm

You make it easy to instigate, sis.

& the Honey Boo Boo edition. Truly, something best forgotten by time. And since I went and did the new thread halfway through it just so we could get yours closed off and forgotten, I declare it so.
I just kept hoping, I just kept hoping
The way would become clear
I spent all this time tryna play now
I found my way here
See, I've been having me a real hard time

But it feels so nice to know I'm gonna be alright
User avatar
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 16281
Joined: 23 February 2016

September 17th, 2018, 2:37 pm

jorge. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 2:31 pm
You make it easy to instigate, sis.

& the Honey Boo Boo edition. Truly, something best forgotten by time. And since I went and did the new thread halfway through it just so we could get yours closed off and forgotten, I declare it so.

You just like to single me out, sis. And that's fine. Just own it.
User avatar
jorge.
K I N G
K I N G
Reactions:
Posts: 7837
Joined: 20 February 2016
Age: 30

September 17th, 2018, 2:38 pm

London. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 2:37 pm
jorge. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 2:31 pm
You make it easy to instigate, sis.

& the Honey Boo Boo edition. Truly, something best forgotten by time. And since I went and did the new thread halfway through it just so we could get yours closed off and forgotten, I declare it so.

You just like to single me out, sis. And that's fine. Just own it.
just for my own pleasure tho.
I just kept hoping, I just kept hoping
The way would become clear
I spent all this time tryna play now
I found my way here
See, I've been having me a real hard time

But it feels so nice to know I'm gonna be alright
User avatar
Thainus
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1044
Joined: 26 February 2016
Age: 30

September 17th, 2018, 2:51 pm

xtuna wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 1:59 pm
jorge. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 1:53 pm


Image

:funny: Not London serving "this is pretty good for your first time." :shook:

OMG!!

Image
User avatar
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 16281
Joined: 23 February 2016

September 17th, 2018, 3:21 pm

So [mention]xtuna[/mention] sis...the chronicles of HOEdon continue.

Got invited to a hurricane party yesterday afternoon. I suppose all the gays in the city were restless and needed to get out. 'Twas a house party stock full Miss-Girls...a few cuties peppered throughout tho.

Me being the regulation hottie that I am, got plenty of attention...almost at the risk of actually getting the reputation of a hoe. But forreal...i don't play that. I just like the attention. What can I say?

There's this pretty popular couple here in my city that almost everyone knows of. One of them I find EXTREMELY attractive, but am a good christian girl and don't believe him wrecking homes. HOWEVER, he was flirting with me HARD. I've been to parties at their house and seen them at other parties. Last night, I got my CONFIRMATION that they indeed are open/swingers. B/c the one I've always been attracted to was on me like white on rice with his boo there.

Not to mention later on when we ended up at a bar, his boo was FULL-ON making out with this random guy...mind you they're engaged. He forced me to take his number and I was like "BUT YOU'RE ENGAGED" and he shushed me and said "don't worry yourself about that." What is a girl supposed to do?

Image

Not only that, but this couple also invited a CUTE friend of theirs, who showed up a bit later, to the party . He is actually single and recently moved to the city and definitely asked for the digits and wants to hang out. I'm thinking sir...you're cute, but do you know your engaged friend has been eye-fuQ'n me all night?! Let me be very clear ([mention]R0K[/mention]), The engaged hottie has always been a crush of mine, but I just don't know if I have the indecency to go there. Even though they're clearly as open [mention]D'Avi[/mention]'s bussy on a rainy day.

Image

Lastly, when everyone all ended up at the bar, I ran into this cutie I recently matched with on Tinder some days ago. Obviously, he urged for my number after buying me a shot and said he wants to do a taco Tuesday TOMORROW!

How is a bitch supposed to even keep up?!

Image

I go from having no one, to a complete roster all within 5 hours. Hoedon is BACK IN BUSINESS, baby!

Image
User avatar
xtuna
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:
Posts: 1384
Joined: 21 June 2017

September 17th, 2018, 3:32 pm

London. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 3:21 pm
So [mention]xtuna[/mention] sis...the chronicles of HOEdon continue.

Got invited to a hurricane party yesterday afternoon. I suppose all the gays in the city were restless and needed to get out. 'Twas a house party stock full Miss-Girls...a few cuties peppered throughout tho.

Me being the regulation hottie that I am, got plenty of attention...almost at the risk of actually getting the reputation of a hoe. But forreal...i don't play that. I just like the attention. What can I say?

There's this pretty popular couple here in my city that almost everyone knows of. One of them I find EXTREMELY attractive, but am a good christian girl and don't believe him wrecking homes. HOWEVER, he was flirting with me HARD. I've been to parties at their house and seen them at other parties. Last night, I got my CONFIRMATION that they indeed are open/swingers. B/c the one I've always been attracted to was on me like white on rice with his boo there.

Not to mention later on when we ended up at a bar, his boo was FULL-ON making out with this random guy...mind you they're engaged. He forced me to take his number and I was like "BUT YOU'RE ENGAGED" and he shushed me and said "don't worry yourself about that." What is a girl supposed to do?

Image

Not only that, but this couple also invited a CUTE friend of theirs, who showed up a bit later, to the party . He is actually single and recently moved to the city and definitely asked for the digits and wants to hang out. I'm thinking sir...you're cute, but do you know your engaged friend has been eye-fuQ'n me all night?! Let me be very clear ([mention]R0K[/mention]), The engaged hottie has always been a crush of mine, but I just don't know if I have the indecency to go there. Even though they're clearly as open [mention]D'Avi[/mention]'s bussy on a rainy day.

Image

Lastly, when everyone all ended up at the bar, I ran into this cutie I recently matched with on Tinder some days ago. Obviously, he urged for my number after buying me a shot and said he wants to do a taco Tuesday TOMORROW!

How is a bitch supposed to even keep up?!

Image

I go from having no one, to a complete roster all within 5 hours. Hoedon is BACK IN BUSINESS, baby!

Image

Sis, what did he mean by "Taco Tuesday," though?

Image
User avatar
London. HOEdon
M O D
M O D
Reactions:
Posts: 16281
Joined: 23 February 2016

September 17th, 2018, 3:34 pm

xtuna wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 3:32 pm
London. wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 3:21 pm
So [mention]xtuna[/mention] sis...the chronicles of HOEdon continue.

Got invited to a hurricane party yesterday afternoon. I suppose all the gays in the city were restless and needed to get out. 'Twas a house party stock full Miss-Girls...a few cuties peppered throughout tho.

Me being the regulation hottie that I am, got plenty of attention...almost at the risk of actually getting the reputation of a hoe. But forreal...i don't play that. I just like the attention. What can I say?

There's this pretty popular couple here in my city that almost everyone knows of. One of them I find EXTREMELY attractive, but am a good christian girl and don't believe him wrecking homes. HOWEVER, he was flirting with me HARD. I've been to parties at their house and seen them at other parties. Last night, I got my CONFIRMATION that they indeed are open/swingers. B/c the one I've always been attracted to was on me like white on rice with his boo there.

Not to mention later on when we ended up at a bar, his boo was FULL-ON making out with this random guy...mind you they're engaged. He forced me to take his number and I was like "BUT YOU'RE ENGAGED" and he shushed me and said "don't worry yourself about that." What is a girl supposed to do?

Image

Not only that, but this couple also invited a CUTE friend of theirs, who showed up a bit later, to the party . He is actually single and recently moved to the city and definitely asked for the digits and wants to hang out. I'm thinking sir...you're cute, but do you know your engaged friend has been eye-fuQ'n me all night?! Let me be very clear ([mention]R0K[/mention]), The engaged hottie has always been a crush of mine, but I just don't know if I have the indecency to go there. Even though they're clearly as open [mention]D'Avi[/mention]'s bussy on a rainy day.

Image

Lastly, when everyone all ended up at the bar, I ran into this cutie I recently matched with on Tinder some days ago. Obviously, he urged for my number after buying me a shot and said he wants to do a taco Tuesday TOMORROW!

How is a bitch supposed to even keep up?!

Image

I go from having no one, to a complete roster all within 5 hours. Hoedon is BACK IN BUSINESS, baby!

Image

Sis, what did he mean by "Taco Tuesday," though?

Image

A fat bitch is hoping for actual tacos....but I may be prepared for alternatives. :susp:
Locked