The Official "The Voice Season 10": The Live Playoffs Part.1 thread

Every episode of The Voice, as it happened!
DAVIDALEM La Puta
Latinos @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:05 pm

Christina Aguilera ft Bryan Bautista - "Work" (The Voice Performance) 

Selig
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

Calm the fuck down, she actually sounds amazing on the preview. She needs to sing some current songs, singing only old songs would hurt her too. 

Raven
Royals @ x/RED
Reactions:

Selig wrote:It was chosen by Alisan, not X. A lot of people had been mass-suggesting the song directly to Alisan via twitter and periscope and she had a great response to the idea so. 
Oh, alright.
"Christina Aguilera is my favorite drag queen in the world" - Farrah Moan

Xtina_Storm
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:09 pm

She should sing this if she really wants to win this stupid show. Throw in a choir, a crucifix and a hologram of Donald Trump and she'll have no problems.
[youtube]sI7_TGZaOIE[/youtube]

kylie jenner
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:09 pm

Selig wrote:Calm the fuck down, she actually sounds amazing on the preview. She needs to sing some current songs, singing only old songs would hurt her too. 
we know alisan can sing and sounds amazing but not all the time is about that , the song has to be good and stone cold is a flop
but well see ... best luck 

Blue_Lake
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:10 pm

Calm your tits, there are still 5 weeks of competition to go. Song choice is key but it's important not to peak too soon. The good thing about Alisan too is that she seems to have unlimited chops to give her legs all the way to the finals. 

Thiago \_(ツ)_/¯
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:11 pm

kylie jenner wrote:alisan shoould sing these type of songs.
[youtube]50VWOBi0VFs[/youtube]
Someone did this for their blind audition though. It was a girl, not sure if she's in the top 12. 

kylie jenner
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:13 pm

Thiago wrote:
kylie jenner wrote:alisan shoould sing these type of songs.
[youtube]50VWOBi0VFs[/youtube]
Someone did this for their blind audition though. It was a girl, not sure if she's in the top 12. 
she did but it was amess girl couldnt sing..

Gabe.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:23 pm

ew at everyone's choces, the mess has begun. i'm sad but not surprised. we could've had it all...

WalkAway
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:23 pm

I can't FuQing wait for Team Xtinas team medley of caviar ratchet Trap Queen / 679 mashup :icant:

Gabe.
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:24 pm

Disturbia wrote:
Gabe. wrote:i loved the group performance of Stars, btw. Amanda Brown's in season 3 (i think) was so amazing although X wasn't really ever into her.
Did you know that Amanda and Colin (X's new backup singer i.e. Say Something duet partner in Billionaire tour) are dating?
that's hella nice. :) Amanda was really great.

WalkAway
Demons @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:24 pm

kylie jenner wrote:
Selig wrote:Calm the fuck down, she actually sounds amazing on the preview. She needs to sing some current songs, singing only old songs would hurt her too. 
we know alisan can sing and sounds amazing but not all the time is about that , the song has to be good and stone cold is a flop
but well see ... best luck 
BURN THIS STAN CARD TO THE FUQING GROUND @Queen Razziberry

kylie jenner
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:36 pm

shalyah is doing a try hard copy of kelly performance of that song on AI.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Silence. wrote:
PennyRae wrote:Bryan's song is predictable, but I understand why he'd choose it.

I like Hannah's voice but it's obvious she and pharrel are pushing for that blue eyed soul singer card :funny:

Only here for Alisan.
Pretty sure it's never been performed on the show before so that's good!
That's good :funny: I just listened to it. It's perfect for Alisan, she better slay! 

Edit: just listened to her version :icant: SHE BETTER SLAY ME :cry: 

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:41 pm

My only worry though is that the audience will get tired of these songs that have high notes/belting like they did with Kim. If she slays tonight that won't be the case yet, but something I'm just thinking about for the future. I feel like I have PTSD from the last couple of seasons :funny: :rip:

Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:44 pm

Alisan's preview is great... i hope she goes rock and roll and the way live.

Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:46 pm

PennyRae wrote:My only worry though is that the audience will get tired of these songs that have high notes/belting like they did with Kim. If she slays tonight that won't be the case yet, but something I'm just thinking about for the future. I feel like I have PTSD from the last couple of seasons :funny: :rip:
They didn't get tired of Kim... she sang a MJ song while touching her lady parts... that's what got her eliminated. 

Igor
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:46 pm

Nick's preview sounds like a dream in housewives world.

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:50 pm

Igor wrote:
PennyRae wrote:My only worry though is that the audience will get tired of these songs that have high notes/belting like they did with Kim. If she slays tonight that won't be the case yet, but something I'm just thinking about for the future. I feel like I have PTSD from the last couple of seasons :funny: :rip:
They didn't get tired of Kim... she sang a MJ song while touching her lady parts... that's what got her eliminated. 
Idk, I just remember seeing a lot of comments on Facebook and youtube about Kim only "screaming" all the time and blah blah blah. The type of comments Queen usually gets. 
But that may have just been them being pressed Sewer fans. Alisan is most likely a different story. 

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:54 pm

MESS...Hannah's cover of SGAHOM is like a literal rip-off of Kim's version. The funky bass and even the breakdown in the middle :rip: 

HylinianFighter
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 4:55 pm

Selig wrote:Ngl, Up to the Mountain sounded perfect for Ali. Fuck Shalyah hope she bombs and her voice cracks at some point, ugly alien kid. 
:rip:
"In order to effect great change, we need to look at how we can help those in our own communities as well as globally."
-Christina Maria Aguilera

PennyRae
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 5:05 pm

HylinianFighter wrote:
Selig wrote:Ngl, Up to the Mountain sounded perfect for Ali. Fuck Shalyah hope she bombs and her voice cracks at some point, ugly alien kid. 
:rip:
Omg :icant: this bitch better not be the Koryn of this season :awk: hope it's a mess. 

ThisCandyman27
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 5:20 pm

DAVIDALEM wrote:Christina Aguilera ft Alisan Porter "Total Eclipse of the Heart" (The Voice Performance)

sis no joke ive been jamming that the whole morning lmaooo and was thinking X should do it in the finale with one of her trio. #fightersthinkalike #wtfff
"God is preparing you for bigger and better things." - Shelly Kearns, 1991

Thaddeusmaximus
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 5:20 pm

It doesn't matter if Shalice is the Koryn, because Koryn got fourth place.

Thaddeusmaximus
Stan @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Alisan's preview is slaying!!!

ThisCandyman27
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 5:23 pm

Thaddeusmaximus wrote:It doesn't matter if Shalice is the Koryn, because Koryn got fourth place.
It matters in the sense that even if she were fourth place, she took INDIA'S PLACE.
That was a potential performance --> GONE.
That was a potential song ft. Legentina --> GONE.
We need Shalyah out the sooner the better. No threats detected for a Team Xtina win.
I need 3 new songs. We need Team Xtina safe the whole way through!
"God is preparing you for bigger and better things." - Shelly Kearns, 1991

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 5:24 pm

Stone Cold is a little worrying since Demi performed it at some major events and there wasn't much of a sales reaction. But even if isn't the best song I'm sure Alisan's vocals will be on point and I think she has enough goodwill to be okay.

Agreed with how Up To The Mountain would have been perfect for Alisan. Shalyah sounds good on it and she'll probably sound great live, just like she went from good to great from the studio version to the live version of Listen.

I'm surprised Nick is doing a country song, and a Blake song at that, and it's about Miranda too lol. I thought 7 Years would have been perfect for him, especially with his nasal voice. But I guess Owen reserved it first

Emily sounds great on Lilac Wine though. I can this possibly being a breakout moment for her.

I'm surprised Daniel chose a breezy R&B song. He should have known that's what got him and a lot of other contestants eliminated and gone for something a bit more emotional and dramatic.

:rip: @ Paxton doing Hands To Myself. He probably knows that he's not going to make it much further and just wants to have fun lol

I'm_always_right
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 5:33 pm

ThisCandyman27 wrote:
Thaddeusmaximus wrote:It doesn't matter if Shalice is the Koryn, because Koryn got fourth place.
It matters in the sense that even if she were fourth place, she took INDIA'S PLACE.
We need Shalyah out the sooner the better. No threats detected for a Team Xtina win.
Umm, wow. No wonder Christina fans are always disappointed and end up bitching and moaning.

Hudson Winters
Fighter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 5:33 pm

ThisCandyman27 wrote:
Someone here said it's only a Top 2 this year?

Xtina_Storm
'17 Supporter @ x/RED
Reactions:

April 18th, 2016, 5:39 pm